Hey Wii Owners...

lingyai

I might be geting a Wii from America.

Of course the voltage is 115 there and here it is not. I don't want to fry my Wii, what power converters do you suggest, what ones are you using, and did you buy it in Bangkok?

second question, have you had the Wii key put in your Wii? Does it work fine. I was quoated 2,000 to buy it with installation.

thanks in advance for your feedback

Lin:

I have USA Wii in Thailand. You will need a step down converter which you can buy n Thailand. Thailand uses 220 vollts. Check the wattage of the Wii and then buy the approproate converter. Don't skimp on some cheap converter. Also u will need the proper plug to plug the Wii into the converter as the plugs for the Wii and converter are not the same. You will plug the converter inot the wall. They run about 450 baht. Buy the converter in Thailand as it will plug into the wall without anotehr plug. Your second question, I thought about modding the Wii but I have played too many copied games that are of poor quality that I just gave up. I also like the instruction booklets and proper case. I don't have much confidence in Thai craftsmanship and with no guarantee from the store I will not mod my Wii. I have had no trouble at all with the Wii in Thailand. I get excellent WI FI connection and I am able to download games from the Virtual Console with ease. Actually, I play the DS more than the Wii. Alot more! I never second guessed myself about purchasing the Wii over the PS3 or Xbox.

Turok

Edited by Turok

Turok,

How have you gone about getting the Wii points?

I've a US Wii but no US Bank account to purchase the points

With the 360 & PS3 it's easy to get points using my UK c/card but my US Wii will not let me select the UK as the home region

Cheers

Ian

IAn:

I purchase the Wii points with a credit card. Visa. Have never had trouble. I registered the Wii as USA zone.

There is a cool website www.wiicade.com.

Check it out. It uses the wiimote. You must have the internet browser downloaded. I got all the freebies downloaded. Weather and that everyone votes channel.

Right now I use the DS lite more than the Wii.

Turok