Chiang Mai: Wealthy woman found encased in cement in a fridge

webfact

Chiang Mai: Wealthy woman found encased in cement in a fridge

6pm.jpg

Police in Chiang Mai have launched a murder inquiry after a wealthy woman from Samut Prakarn was found encased in cement in a fridge on its side. 

Her BMW is missing. 

Wanee, 58, from Bang Plee had bought some business premises near the temple of Sri Jom Thong where she was a disciple and benefactor. She stayed in the premises when she visited the temple. 

Her elder brother Woraphan, 59, found the body yesterday. He had grown concerned after contact with his sister ceased from October 18th. He went to the building in Moo 3 and found the door locked from the inside and a foul odor emanating from inside.

A locksmith was called and they made the gruesome discovery. His sister was contained in a fridge that had been placed on its side. The plug was still connected. 

She had been encased in cement. 

Jom Thong police and forensics at the scene found two used sacks of cement and ascertained that the victim had been dead for about two weeks. 

The fridge was in a kitchen area at the property and had been wrapped in a cloth. 

The victim's BMW is missing along with her phone. 

Police are giving weight to the suggestion that this was a case of theft/murder. 

The body has been taken to Maharat Nakhon Chiang Mai Hospital for autopsy and DNA analysis. 

Investigations continue. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-28

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, webfact said:

A locksmith was called and they made the gruesome discovery. His sister was contained in a fridge that had been placed on its side. The plug was still connected.

Jom Thong police and forensics at the scene found two used sacks of cement and ascertained that the victim had been dead for about two weeks.

The fridge was in a kitchen area at the property and had been wrapped in a cloth.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this but am wondering what brand of fridge it was. Running for two weeks, on it's side, filled with cement and wrapped in cloth?

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Have you no respect?

A poor woman has probably been murdered and all you can do is make sick comments.... Shame on you.

I am not Sherlock Holmes but i think you can safely say she "was" murdered 

46 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

Maybe I'm reading too much into this but am wondering what brand of fridge it was. Running for two weeks, on it's side, filled with cement and wrapped in cloth?

That´s definately a Hitachi

A number of posts in poor taste have been removed, along with (justified) responses quoting them.

Once again a death/murder loss of life is NOT an opportunity for a comedy routine or other supposed jokes in poor taste.

If you have nothing else than poor humour go elsewhere, this topic does not need nor appreciate your contribution.

Just now, Bundooman said:

No, they don't. They just have a different sense of humour to people like yourself.

Yes, we are not oddballs regarding jokes about newly found dead folk for a cheap laugh amongst the oddballs....OK...????

The humour issue interests me.

I appreciate its sad for the family but it is in the main above all a quirky news item we are not connected too

People from UK(certainly my area) are more inclined to understand Black humour or gallows humour

"Black comedy, also known as black humor, dark comedy or gallows humor, is a genre of fiction referring to a comic style that makes light of subject matter that is generally considered taboo, particularly subjects that are normally considered serious or painful to discuss."

1 hour ago, chrisinth said:

Second hand one available 

@CharlieH, thank you for removing these nasty comments from these savages. It sicken me as it is that this woman was murdered in such a groesome way. But it sickens me more to read some of these posts, I hope they can live with themselves.

The victim is dead thus whatever comments that’s being posted here, humor or purely ignorant, it’s all just one sided at this point. There’s no justification here.

10 minutes ago, POMRAKSIAM said:

Police are giving weight to the suggestion that this was a case of theft/murder

hmmm.. ???? 

I know what you are thinking, nobody in LOS committing a murder over a BMW and an Iphone, there must be another reason. Time for the TV bar-stool detectives to sharpen they'r pencils.

21 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I am wondering why the killer chose cement and the refrigerator. Perhaps he/she thought the combination of lime and cold would kill any smell.

RIP. Life is unfair.

Yes because no one would think to look in a refrigerator laying in its side and wonder why it is filled with cement.

Poor lady, what a horrible way to die. RIP

3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Yes because no one would think to look in a refrigerator laying in its side and wonder why it is filled with cement.

Attempt to stop the smell perhaps, or thought the lime would dissolve the remains

2 hours ago, chrisinth said:

they just don't make them like they used to...?

I don't know bad a corpse really smells.  I have been around dead animals and they can be pretty putrid.  But if the body was really encased in cement then at some point I would expect the odors to be contained.  Since the article mentions only two bags of cement, that would not seem to enough to really encase the body.  Most likely they just dumped the concrete on top of the body in the freezer but that won't encase the entire body, especially the bottom that is resting on the freezer.  And two bags does not seem like enough.  Depends on the size of the bags.  If they are similar to the ready mix quickrete, two bags are kind of small.  If they are 90 pound bags used in construction, well, I doubt your average Thai would be carrying those.  Hopefully the police will do some deep investigation

7 minutes ago, sirineou said:

This murder wasn't planned, maybe an argue in the kitchen with a construction worker ended up with her buried in the fridge. 

A sad story whatever happened, RIP.

Archived