Jomtien Condo Owners Sue For Sea View

george

To bring some discussion back into this topic........

In the introductory posting to this topic by George, it was quoted by StopVT7 (alias Richard Haines) that "the new View Talay 7 building will block me from ever seeing another sunset from my condo".

Reading on through the whole topic (a marathon in itself) it seems that, for the View Talay Company to erect a building up to, and including an eighth floor and no more, is quite satisfactory to Mr. Haines, as it compies with some ill-defined and manipulative regulation.

So, I guess that Mr. Haines (alias StopVT7) lives on a high floor in JCC and <deleted> to those people who live between Floor 4 and and Floor 9. He's not crusading for them.

I'm of the opinion that Mr. Haines has presented his case very selfishly ( and foolishly) ......concerned primarily with himself and his own advantage to the exclusion of others. In other words "Yes View Talay, build your project seven floors high and I'll be all right Jack"!

(Information: The first four floors of JCC are 1.... the Reception/Lobby/Commercial Areas, 2 and 3......the car park, 4...the swimming pool and admistration offices).

So you're saying and Richard Haines agrees that 8 storeys are acceptable near the beach? Is this right? I've been holding off on another purchase on Dongtan, but if this is the case I may well look into it.

It’s my understanding that StopVT7 doesn’t care how high the building is near the beach as long it doesn’t block his seaview.

Wow, no PM's from JCC owners wishing to sell yet! I've just heard that there is a bit of a problem at the Jomtien Condo Complex, which seems to have been kept under wraps so far and was wondering if someone could shed some light on the matter.

Is it or is it not true that a levy of 10,000 baht has been added to the maintenance charges of EVERY co-owner by the juristic committee in order to cover the legal costs to fight VT7? The reason I ask is because I understand that there are many co-owners who are not happy with this and refusing to pay, as they never wanted to start legal action in the first place because they realised they could never win!

Now Mr. StopVT7, Lookat & Co. can you answer this question honestly without putting any spin on it?! :o

It’s very interesting. Somebody has to finance this farce fight. Like they say “The fool and his money will soon part” and in this case StopVT7 taking other people down with him.

I wonder if they are liable for countersuit from VT7 for damages.

I just think you have to cut through all the emotional stuff,the knocking,and the wind ups and stay focused on the matter in hand.

I know several people who have built houses,office blocks,etc and have had to knock them down because they didn't have the necessary planning permissions.It happens,the builder knows the risk when he takes it,you have to ask him why he takes it.

I also know several attorney's who's legal mantra is in law "words mean what they say",and there is no getting away from that with issue 9 here.

Again I see nothing knew being offerred to change my view about the expert witness testimony.It is synonymous with a square peg in a round hole,and no matter how much you bend and twist it ,it just does not fit.

If the Bangkok Supreme Administrative Court show half the balls in adjudicating this case,as the expert witness showed in standing up and telling his story ,then they will again declare vt7 unlawful.

I just think you have to cut through all the emotional stuff,the knocking,and the wind ups and stay focused on the matter in hand.

I know several people who have built houses,office blocks,etc and have had to knock them down because they didn't have the necessary planning permissions.It happens,the builder knows the risk when he takes it,you have to ask him why he takes it.

I also know several attorney's who's legal mantra is in law "words mean what they say",and there is no getting away from that with issue 9 here.

Again I see nothing knew being offerred to change my view about the expert witness testimony.It is synonymous with a square peg in a round hole,and no matter how much you bend and twist it ,it just does not fit.

If the Bangkok Supreme Administrative Court show half the balls in adjudicating this case,as the expert witness showed in standing up and telling his story ,then they will again declare vt7 unlawful.

VT7 has planning permission granted by City Hall. They also hold an EIA so the may build higher than 23 metres. No one, repeat no one is going to knock down VT7 which is now up to its 12th floor.

Edited by JaiDeeFarang

Wow, no PM's from JCC owners wishing to sell yet! I've just heard that there is a bit of a problem at the Jomtien Condo Complex, which seems to have been kept under wraps so far and was wondering if someone could shed some light on the matter.

Is it or is it not true that a levy of 10,000 baht has been added to the maintenance charges of EVERY co-owner by the juristic committee in order to cover the legal costs to fight VT7? The reason I ask is because I understand that there are many co-owners who are not happy with this and refusing to pay, as they never wanted to start legal action in the first place because they realised they could never win!

Now Mr. StopVT7, Lookat & Co. can you answer this question honestly without putting any spin on it?! :D

It's very interesting. Somebody has to finance this farce fight. Like they say "The fool and his money will soon part" and in this case StopVT7 taking other people down with him.

I wonder if they are liable for countersuit from VT7 for damages.

Interesting that no one has answered my question yet. :o

Most likely it will be the juristic who will be held liable for a countersuit I would imagine. The sensible people who have not stood on the soap box and kept a low profile should escape legal action, but then again TIT

Edited by JaiDeeFarang

VT7 has planning permission granted by City Hall. They also hold an EIA so the may build higher than 23 metres. No one, repeat no one is going to knock down VT7 which is now up to its 12th floor.

I think you are correct,the law will not require it to be taken down,just back to 14m.

Is this not the liberal fascist way to attack the messenger? Attack the messenger

Where is your salon????

I always thought the correct term was 'Masseuse' :o:D:D

Sorry for using the irritating emoticons, but I thought if stopVT7 can do it, why can't I? :D:D:D

Can someone please explain what 'liberal fascist' is? Seems a bit of an Oxymoron and stopVT7 is just a Moron. :DB):D

Copy below is a E-mail from Pattaya_Fox sent to "Lookat". Then forward to me.

look at..your post in the Stop VT7 ( From: Pattaya_Fox )

Hi,

Your off topic post and the inclusion of a quote calling a member a moron which had been deleted by me and then re-posted by you after I had given a specific warning in the thread has resulted in you being awarded a 3 day suspension of posting rights.

Regards,

Pattaya_Fox

On behalf of the moderation team....

Pattaya_Fox is a member of the Super Moderators group and has 3428 posts.

Sent on: Today, 2008-05-29 18:38:34

Pattaya_Fox you are wrong about who “calling a member a moron” it was in Post #1430 by JaiDeeFarang.

JaiDeeFarang call me a “moron” and lookat was responding to his question about “Can someone please explain what 'liberal fascist' is?”

Go read what other things JaiDeeFarang and his friends said and you find much more name calling!

Their practice is to Attack the messenger!

They attack the messenger then the facts of Issue 8 and 9 and the maps our against their argument!

Keep it up JaiDeeFarang! You have shown the people who read this blog that you have no argument so you attack the messenger! And maybe Pattaya_Fox will figure out who realy does the name calling.

One member who has subsequently broken the forum rules and disregarded the friendly warning given has had his post deleted and he has been awarded a holiday.

Keep it up JaiDeeFarang! And maybe Pattaya_Fox will figure out who realy does the name calling.

Read Post #1430 by JaiDeeFarang.

I think you are correct, the law will not require it to be taken down, ,just back to 14m.

OK.......let us assume that you are could be correct about this. Let us also assume that the owners of the View Talay Company, which is very well established in Thailand, have sufficient business acumen and legal awareness not to continue the building of VT7 above the 14 m level.....that is for the moment.

But why, in the light of this, are they doing so? That's what I am trying to determine. I would say that View Talay can't afford, both financially and for their future reputation, to continue with the construction as they are doing. I am not ome to engage in "name calling" nor am I throwing "insults". I am merely looking for some good business-oriented explanation. Also, I am attempting to get StopVT7 to consider other outcomes other than the one that he believes is inevitable i.e. that the VT7 development will lose.

I would be really interested to hear his thoughts about this.

Thank you to one and all.

Dear OhdLover and JaiDeeFarang

We read your BS! Everyone knows you dislike the facts of the case. Also, you are investors in VT7. You have no concern about the Thailand beach or the law protecting the beach!

We respect the Admin Supreme Court and we are waiting the their decision.

Your post is incorrect yet again. I do have concern for the Thailand beach, which is why I purchased a condo in VT7 as I enjoy the nearby beach. Your only concern regarding the beach is that you soon won't be able to see it. As long as VT7 builds my condo to meet with the requirements of the enviromental impact assessment and building permit regulations, I have no problems and will soon have a lovely beach nearby and a great sea view.

Can anyone tell me, are there any bargains to be had in Jomtien Condo Complex? I may be interested as many investors in Pattaya don't really care about views, providing there are plenty of bars, restaurants and shops nearby. Surely prices have dropped dramatically, what with the blocked views and construction noise day in, day out. Please PM me if you want to sell. Thx.

I could have saved myself all that time I wasted reading JaiDeeFarang's numerous posts, if I'd only read this one first.

It just speaks volumes.

We read your BS! Everyone knows you dislike the facts of the case. Also, you are investors in VT7. You have no concern about the Thailand beach or the law protecting the beach!

Your post is incorrect yet again. I do have concern for the Thailand beach, which is why I purchased a condo in VT7 as I enjoy the nearby beach. Your only concern regarding the beach is that you soon won't be able to see it. As long as VT7 builds my condo to meet with the requirements of the enviromental impact assessment and building permit regulations, I have no problems and will soon have a lovely beach nearby and a great sea view.

Can anyone tell me, are there any bargains to be had in Jomtien Condo Complex? I may be interested as many investors in Pattaya don't really care about views, providing there are plenty of bars, restaurants and shops nearby. Surely prices have dropped dramatically, what with the blocked views and construction noise day in, day out. Please PM me if you want to sell. Thx.

I could have saved myself all that time I wasted reading JaiDeeFarang's numerous posts, if I'd only read this one first.

It just speaks volumes.

I think, JaiDeeFarang comments are very informative and straight to the point

Is it a case of Truth Hurts.

It just speaks volumes.

So, you don't find the above post to be snide and arrogant ?

Could you point out the informative parts for me.

It just speaks volumes.

I don’t have to point out anything to you. Just go for a walk around Jomtien, Pattaya and Naklua. You can it see by yourself. Or you to blind to see that. VT7 fits perfectly there. JaiDeeFarang expresses that in his post and I agree 100% with him.

It just speaks volumes.

I don't have to point out anything to you. Just go for a walk around Jomtien, Pattaya and Naklua. You can it see by yourself. Or you to blind to see that. VT7 fits perfectly there. JaiDeeFarang expresses that in his post and I agree 100% with him.

No need to get upset.

And, no, of course you don't need to point anything out to me. It was just an invitaion to do so as you stated that JaiDeeFalang's comments are 'informative.

I was referring to the above post, which I think is unecessarily snide and arrogant.

I don't need to look at buildings to see that, I just need to read the post.

Your friend may have many informative things to say, but none of them are contained in that post.

BTW - I have no vested interest in the vt7 issue.

It just speaks volumes.

I don't have to point out anything to you. Just go for a walk around Jomtien, Pattaya and Naklua. You can it see by yourself. Or you to blind to see that. VT7 fits perfectly there. JaiDeeFarang expresses that in his post and I agree 100% with him.

No need to get upset.

And, no, of course you don't need to point anything out to me. It was just an invitaion to do so as you stated that JaiDeeFalang's comments are 'informative.

I was referring to the above post, which I think is unecessarily snide and arrogant.

Your friend may have many informative things to say, but none of them are contained in that post.

Sorry, Chickenslegs but you really have the wrong person to talk to.

The only arrogant person I find here is StopVT7. As the investor in VT7, I really enjoy comments by JaiDeeFarang. And as you stated you have not vested interest in VT7 issue, maybe we should leave it like that.

It just speaks volumes.

No need to get upset.

Sorry, Chickenslegs but you really have the wrong person to talk to.

The only arrogant person I find here is StopVT7. As the investor in VT7, I really enjoy comments by JaiDeeFarang. And as you stated you have not vested interest in VT7 issue, maybe we should leave it like that.

Agreed.

There is no win/win option in this case.

I feel sorry for the loser, whoever he is.

I wish you people would use the "add reply" button when replying instead of the "reply" button. All those quotes of other posts are unecessary.

If you do need to quote a post, hit the reply and delete all the other posts quoted and just leave the one post you need to quote.

It ain't hard.

Edited by Sir Burr

Still..... everybody is waiting for some answer from stopvt7:

The question about the 10,000 baht levy being imposed on the Jomtien Complex Co-owners maintenance fee.

That question was swept under the carpet very quickly and no one chose to answer.

Maybe I am mistaken, but it could stopvt7 who has been banned from posting ???

In that case we have to wait some days for him to return from the "short holiday".

The question about the 10,000 baht levy being imposed on the Jomtien Complex Co-owners maintenance fee.

That question was swept under the carpet very quickly and no one chose to answer.

In that case we have to wait some days for him to return from the "short holiday".

I thought the original plaintiffs were 10 farang residents of JCC only. Legally, how could JCC impose a 10,000 baht special assessment on all co-owners for a lawsuit to they are not the plaintiffs? I would guess the 10,000 assessment might be for long deferred maintenance. The last time I looked that building was showing it's age and needed some TLC.

I thought the original plaintiffs were 10 farang residents of JCC only. Legally, how could JCC impose a 10,000 baht special assessment on all co-owners for a lawsuit to they are not the plaintiffs? I would guess the 10,000 assessment might be for long deferred maintenance. The last time I looked that building was showing it's age and needed some TLC.

I am informed that the juristic committee implemented the levy and they can impose this if they want. Very stange to see no comments regarding this either denying or confirming my claims. Must have hit a nerve. :o

Several things in that area showing their age and in need of TLC from what I can tell.