Guardian Visa

Sorry folks.

Probably this has already been discussed here somewhere but I can' find anything.

A friend of mine just called me and was a bit panicking.

She is here with her family. Husband on retirement visa and she on a guardian visa as daughter studies at International school.

Next week, she has to re-new her visa but did not know that she has to have 500k sitting untouched in her bank account prior of renewing her 1 year stay.

What are the consequences? She holds a Vietnamese passport. She thinks to go back to Vietnam and re-start all over again but this would mean, that letter of school etc. has to be applied for again. 

Any easier option?

Regards,

Was she on an extension based upon being a parent of her child? If yes I am sure she had to show financial proof for the first extension application. Or is she on a non-o visa issued for that reason now?

If she legally married to her husband she could apply for an extension based upon being a member of his family with no financial proof needed. She need her marriage certificate and copies his passport photo page and extension stamp.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Was she on an extension based upon being a parent of her child? If yes I am sure she had to show financial proof for the first extension application. Or is she on a non-o visa issued for that reason now?

If she legally married to her husband she could apply for an extension based upon being a member of his family with no financial proof needed. She need her marriage certificate and copies his passport photo page and extension stamp.

They are here now 1 year. It would be her first extension. To be honest, I don't know if they are married. They have 2 kids. One studying in the UK and the other 15 year old, studying in BKK. I will ask her about if they are married.

9 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

They are here now 1 year. It would be her first extension. To be honest, I don't know if they are married. They have 2 kids. One studying in the UK and the other 15 year old, studying in BKK. I will ask her about if they are married.

Just got feedback.

They are legally married.

They are in Bangkok. How to change now her guardian visa towards her family visa, depending on her husband.

Thanks a lot for your help. Great as always.

All she needs to do is apply for an extension based upon being a member of her husband's family instead of being the parent (a guardian visa or extension does exist) of a child attending school.

General requirements are here. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_20  Her husbands extension is under clause 2.22.

Their marriage certificate must be legalized and in English or translated to Thai.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

All she needs to do is apply for an extension based upon being a member of her husband's family instead of being the parent (a guardian visa or extension does exist) of a child attending school.

General requirements are here. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_20  Her husbands extension is under clause 2.22.

Their marriage certificate must be legalized and in English or translated to Thai.

Thanks a lot ubonjoe