Labour leader Corbyn says condition for early election support has been met

snoop1130

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Who said she couldn't do her job? She's just trying to pass the blame onto the electorate. Some people probably had a few choice words for her due to her standing on a Pro Brexit manifesto and then changing parties (twice) and trying to stop it but quite frankly, what do you expect when you betray people's vote? If she turned up on my doorstep I would politely, but clearly tell her exactly what I thought of her as well.

Well, she did not get harassed at your doorstep. She got harassed doing her job, so much so she felt the need to quit. You and some of your brethren seem to find that normal, I find it really sad, and that is being very polite.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Who said she couldn't do her job? She's just trying to pass the blame onto the electorate. Some people probably had a few choice words for her due to her standing on a Pro Brexit manifesto and then changing parties (twice) and trying to stop it but quite frankly, what do you expect when you betray people's vote? If she turned up on my doorstep I would politely, but clearly tell her exactly what I thought of her as well.

A pro Brexit supporter was jailed for the harrasment of Heidi Allen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Bear in mind Jeremy himself as always been anti EU. That's why he never really campaigned properly against Brexit pre referendum. He wants UK out of EU and preferably out of NATO. Then he can build much closer relations with the countries he admires, like Russia, China, North Korea, Venezuela, etc

You make him sound like Donald Trump!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

She got some threatening tweets and messages. I'm not saying it's normal or excusing it, but let's keep things in perspective. <snip>

Yes, you were excusing it.

But enough said.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AussieBob18 said:

Well done Boris.  Took his drop dead date off the table to force an election to let the People decide.  Corbyn clearly thought Boris would never do that and he sure looks like he doesnt want to go to the Polls, but give him his due, he has stood by his word.  

The single issue election that UK had to have - Brexit or No Brexit.  Choose the lying two faced Pollie you think will best deliver on their promise the outcome you want. 

Will Boris and Nigel form an alliance and deliver Brexit? 

Or will Jeremy, Nicola and Jo form an alliance and deliver a No Brexit?

It is gonna be very close I think.

What makes you think Farage and the Brexit Party will be represented to any significant extent in the House Of Commons? Johnson has shown he can deliver Brexit and thus largely taken the wind out of Farage's sails.They - Brexit Party - will be lucky to get half a dozen seats IMO.

Labour if emerging as the largest party will offer a referendum - essentially Remain or some version of the Boris deal.Corbyn who is essentially a Brexiteer won't be happy if the answer is Remain, but he'll go along with it.I see the SNP as first choice partner for Labour and Lib Dems choice of last resort.

I'd take a modest bet on Corbyn ending up in No 10.Even if the Tories win more seats/more votes they almost certainly won't get a overall majority. Corbyn has a few options in deal making with other parties.Boris has none having <deleted> off the DUP.

Come back on December 13th and see whether I was more or less right or completely off target. The X Factor will be how well Boris and Jeremy campaign.Both are quite good at that despite the brands of both men being a bit shopworn now.

2 hours ago, jayboy said:

What makes you think Farage and the Brexit Party will be represented to any significant extent in the House Of Commons? Johnson has shown he can deliver Brexit and thus largely taken the wind out of Farage's sails.They - Brexit Party - will be lucky to get half a dozen seats IMO.

Labour if emerging as the largest party will offer a referendum - essentially Remain or some version of the Boris deal.Corbyn who is essentially a Brexiteer won't be happy if the answer is Remain, but he'll go along with it.I see the SNP as first choice partner for Labour and Lib Dems choice of last resort.

I'd take a modest bet on Corbyn ending up in No 10.Even if the Tories win more seats/more votes they almost certainly won't get a overall majority. Corbyn has a few options in deal making with other parties.Boris has none having <deleted> off the DUP.

Come back on December 13th and see whether I was more or less right or completely off target. The X Factor will be how well Boris and Jeremy campaign.Both are quite good at that despite the brands of both men being a bit shopworn now.

Interesting points.  There are so many options and alliances that can take place. I think Nigel will win a few seats because many people dont trust the Pollies to deliver.  Boris is going to make the election all about Brexit, which will gravitate some seats towards the Brexit Party I think.  But there are as you say, a natural arrangement for Labour and SNP.  I guess it will all depend on who gets the most seats - Torys or Labour. I agree no one is going to get a total majority - deals will have to be done and I reckon there will be some very interesting bedfellows when all is done.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

Well, she did not get harassed at your doorstep. She got harassed doing her job, so much so she felt the need to quit. You and some of your brethren seem to find that normal, I find it really sad, and that is being very polite.

Part of the problem seems to be that she won the election as a Tory in 2015, resigned in February 2019 to joining and later serving as leader of Change UK. She resigned from Change UK in June of the same year, and joined the Liberal Democrats in October 2019. She announced on 29 October that she would not stand for re-election at the next general election.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidi_Allen

Allen supported continued membership of the European Union in the 2016 referendum.[21]

On 5 December 2016, Allen announced her intention to put her name forward for the Conservative nomination for the election of Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough in May 2017. Allen proposed to combine the role with her current position as MP for South Cambridgeshire.[22] In January 2017, she failed to win the Conservative Party nomination for the role.[23]

In June 2017, Allen was re-elected as Member of Parliament for South Cambridgeshire in the snap general election. Over that summer it was mooted that Jacob Rees-Mogg would be a candidate for the leadership of the Conservative Party, and Allen announced that if he became leader she would leave the party.

One party for less than 4 years, then 4 months later she quits them to become a Lib/Dem in October 2109 then quits a few days later. I wonder if she ever went back to the constituency that elected her and asked what their feelings were.

I can understand somewhat her feelings but when she quit the Tories why did she not resign her seat, get a by election going and see if she can regain her seat?

I can't say that she is typical of the new breed of politician that the UK is getting now but if she is then the next GE should cause a big clear out among all the political parties and perhaps for a change politicians will listen to and act for the people who elected them.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, JonnyF said:

She got some threatening tweets and messages. I'm not saying it's normal or excusing it, but let's keep things in perspective. 

I assume you are equally appalled by Farage getting milkshaked or Rees Mogg's children being shouted at by Remainers? Because a lot of Remainers think that's hilarious and then show mock outrage when Soubry is called a Nazi.

Err I was there when Mogg got a bit of freedom of speech. He chose to go out of that entrance and not another and he chose not to use a car - absolutely no harm came to him or Sextus - he used his son for propaganda purposes. endof I even chatted to a lot of cops no trouble from remainers but a hard core of leavers fill them with nothing but disgust. 

https://www.newsflare.com/video/318821/jacob-rees-mogg-booed-as-he-leaves-parliament-after-brexit-blow

Compare that with some thug leavers some here will no doubt secretly support. 

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Want to see what a real man looks like a man who listen and cares for the worries and concerns of the common man. Compare and that to the Liar-in-Chief Johnson who turns up at Northern hospitals and schools and pretends to care when in reality he cares not a damn. And before we hear the cries of he will smash the economy  and ruin the pound one should consider how much damage Johnson and his pals will do to the UK and how rich they will all become if he becomes PM. He will have achieved his lifelong ambition and the north , NHS , education and schools will all be forgotten as  he continues to wave the flag and play the Steve Bannon playbook. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/sep/21/bankers-corbyn-tories-no-deal-capitalism-radical-government

Edited by beautifulthailand99

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

It was in honour of the Grenfell dead - a point Theresa May put very pointedly put to some of her 'honourable friends' when they joked about it. 

Fair enough but I did not really see the need for that as it was not the anniversary, although I know the report was to be debated. 

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Want to see what a real man looks like a man who listen and cares for the worries and concerns of the common man. Compare and that to the Liar-in-Chief Johnson who turns up at Northern hospitals and schools and pretends to care when in reality he cares not a damn. And before we hear the cries of he will smash the economy  and ruin the pound one should consider how much damage Johnson and his pals will do to the UK and how rich they will all become if he becomes PM. He will have achieved his lifelong ambition and the north , NHS , education and schools will all be forgotten as  he continues to wave the flag and play the Steve Bannon playbook. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/sep/21/bankers-corbyn-tories-no-deal-capitalism-radical-government

It was a London hospital and this was staged.

• Like 1