VOiP Calls with local SIM

UKGeezer

I asked previously about condos with their own internet, however.....

Im considering popping over for a couple of weeks for New Year and the condos I liked are obviously booked up.

I was wondering how I would get on with a local sim and using it for voip calls to work from a hotel room.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a suitable sim/plan, also if the signal would be good enough?

Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, tjo o tjim said:

Works fine, any data plan will really do the job; I use AIS, and 1.5GB for two weeks for 200B should do fine for work, as long as you aren’t streaming. 

1.5GB for 200 baht doesn't seem like a great deal.

Especially when you can obtain 200GB @ 4 Mbps for the same.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tjo o tjim said:

Works fine, any data plan will really do the job; I use AIS, and 1.5GB for two weeks for 200B should do fine for work, as long as you aren’t streaming. 

So, do you find that the VOiP call quality is good when using the sim? As I really dont want to rely on a shared WiFi.

You'll only kno

14 hours ago, UKGeezer said:

So, do you find that the VOiP call quality is good when using the sim? As I really dont want to rely on a shared WiFi.

You'll only know once you are at the location. If one network is no good at your location, try another.

On 10/31/2019 at 1:21 AM, JamJar said:

1.5GB for 200 baht doesn't seem like a great deal.

Especially when you can obtain 200GB @ 4 Mbps for the same.

JJ whats the best monthly deal on True at the moment.  ??  Only on a monthly basis though. I've mentioned before I use one particular True short code which gives unlimited data for 1 month for 199 plus vat albeit speed gets throttled after 1gb not that thats a big problem as only really FB Line etc.... Occasionally it would be useful at higher speed for the odd streaming though etc etc

8 hours ago, Chivas said:

JJ whats the best monthly deal on True at the moment.  ??  Only on a monthly basis though. I've mentioned before I use one particular True short code which gives unlimited data for 1 month for 199 plus vat albeit speed gets throttled after 1gb not that thats a big problem as only really FB Line etc.... Occasionally it would be useful at higher speed for the odd streaming though etc etc

The best deals are with new SIM. 

No longer posting new codes to this forum.

1 hour ago, Chivas said:

Thanks for the help lol. I did ask nicely. Will stick with what I've got

As I stated, the best deals are with new SIM. Currently unlimited 10 Mbps for 200 baht per month.

No older SIM deal can compete.