High Season: "Tourists will be safe and we will be good hosts" says tourist police chief

webfact

Forget the tourists, what about the expats who live here permanently, why not be good with them too?

They spend a lot more than the tourists and contribute to the Thai economy every day of the year,

not just a couple of weeks a year.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Moo 2 said:

Forget the tourists, what about the expats who live here permanently, why not be good with them too?

They spend a lot more than the tourists and contribute to the Thai economy every day of the year,

not just a couple of weeks a year.

Weeks??  The Chinese spend less than a week in Thailand on average - so I am told.  Decided to look up the official information  and found this:

Chinese visitors have an average length of stay of 8 days and spending per person of up to 41,390 Baht or 1,100 euros. They enjoy traveling to different destinations in Thailand. They also prefer to travel independently and spend more time experimenting with a variety of tourist activities in local areas.

I know that is a total lie - because They also prefer to travel independently and spend more time experimenting with a variety of tourist activities in local areas  is a total lie.  They stay in groups and follow the person holding the stick and dont do anything in local areas - and they spend SFA.  That is clearly TAT propaganda/lies that Expats all know is rubbish.  Hey - maybe that is why they are throwing Expats out - we tell the truth and complain. They want potential tourists/suckers to only hear the good things that TAT tells them about Thailand - and stop all this negativity and truth told by old Expats. 

1 hour ago, AussieBob18 said:

Weeks??  The Chinese spend less than a week in Thailand on average - so I am told.  Decided to look up the official information  and found this:

Chinese visitors have an average length of stay of 8 days and spending per person of up to 41,390 Baht or 1,100 euros. They enjoy traveling to different destinations in Thailand. They also prefer to travel independently and spend more time experimenting with a variety of tourist activities in local areas.

I know that is a total lie - because They also prefer to travel independently and spend more time experimenting with a variety of tourist activities in local areas  is a total lie.  They stay in groups and follow the person holding the stick and dont do anything in local areas - and they spend SFA.  That is clearly TAT propaganda/lies that Expats all know is rubbish.  Hey - maybe that is why they are throwing Expats out - we tell the truth and complain. They want potential tourists/suckers to only hear the good things that TAT tells them about Thailand - and stop all this negativity and truth told by old Expats. 

Mate, you're five years behind the times and you're embarrassing yourself.

Hello Lt-Gen, South Koreans running betting scams, overstaying foreigners and those embezzling money at some company aren't going to scare away tourists. Scams, multi-tiered pricing, insincerity, safety and security, illegal police shakedowns, bad publicity and a judgemental and discriminating attitude toward foreigners - THESE will turn tourists away. And these are 'crimes' committed by none other than your countrymen/women.

So, either you and your lot deal with the real cause of the problem, and stop witch-hunting foreigners for problems you gits brought on to yourselves, or face empty rooms, beaches, parks and other tourist destinations.

Get it, Lt-Gen?

When I first arrived in Thailand, my friend said, "Thailand wants a plane full for foreigners to fly overhead and drop their money on top of them. But if you try to live here, they will make you unwelcome. My 17 years here taught me he was right. They welcome tourists, because tourists will go home after spending their money here.

I,m American and have lived here for 22 years and, with few exceptions, I have always felt welcome here. Many years ago the fish monger at the weekly walking market used to tell me to "go home", in English, when he saw me, now he has gotten used to the farang and even tries to give me free fish sometimes.  Whenever I get aggravated I think about what would happen if I was Thai and went to DMV in Kansas and tried to communicate with the clerk with my broken English and got louder and louder because they didn't understand me and didn't speak English.  Or if I was an African American US citizen, born and raised in the US, living in Picayune Mississippi and asked the idiot that butted in front of me in Piggly Wioggly to go to the back of the line.

It's not all that bad.  Since I live in the sticks the first thing that I would do is make sure all of the logistics companies  had GPS!  It's aggravating to order anything that is not sent either EMS or Kerry Express ( I trained them years ago how to find my house).  I send them maps and directions but in the end the  driver calls and with my broken Thai I can usually get them to the temple near me and pick it up!

On 10/31/2019 at 9:16 PM, Nyezhov said:

Hey Im having a great time, sorry some of you guys arent,<snip>

We all know you are a hedonist with gourmandizing tendencies and wenching proclivities. You could have a great time anywhere on the planet, except perhaps in Greece, where I understand the women have hairy breasts. Or Alaska, with the fermented walrus.

9 hours ago, Traubert said:

Mate, you're five years behind the times and you're embarrassing yourself.

Mate - the house is falling down around you - and you think it is all good. I was in Hua Hin a few months ago - the place is an economic disaster compared to 7 years ago. In last 2 years we have visited - Chiang Mai, Udon Thani, Khon Kaen, Roi Et, Yasothon, Ubon Ratchathani, Bangkok and Pattaya.  Compared to 2012 all of those places are 'down' - not in the number of 'tourists' - but economy. My wife has family that lives in most of those Cities. Maybe the rest of Thailand is fine and the Chinese are spending billions there.  (Roi Et and Yasothon and Ubon not so much decline).

1 hour ago, AussieBob18 said:

Mate - the house is falling down around you - and you think it is all good. I was in Hua Hin a few months ago - the place is an economic disaster compared to 7 years ago. In last 2 years we have visited - Chiang Mai, Udon Thani, Khon Kaen, Roi Et, Yasothon, Ubon Ratchathani, Bangkok and Pattaya.  Compared to 2012 all of those places are 'down' - not in the number of 'tourists' - but economy. My wife has family that lives in most of those Cities. Maybe the rest of Thailand is fine and the Chinese are spending billions there.  (Roi Et and Yasothon and Ubon not so much decline).

Archived