Wrong gear: Female driver begs forgiveness to woman she reversed over

webfact

43 minutes ago, Catoholic said:

lol... I want to be at your beside when you expire

Why pray tell. What will happen to me? And what if I 'expire' like this poor lady did, in a street.

By the way, I am Rastafarian.

Edited by wgdanson

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Thats a Thai thing backing over them to make sure they are dead, it's cheaper I was told

That's true. No hospital bill or compensation to pay. I haven't read of that for some time but guess it would still be the policy of some. In this case though the woman just panicked and made things a lot worse than they were. Not unusual, I'd say.

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Thats a Thai thing backing over them to make sure they are dead, it's cheaper I was told

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

That's true. No hospital bill or compensation to pay. I haven't read of that for some time but guess it would still be the policy of some. In this case though the woman just panicked and made things a lot worse than they were. Not unusual, I'd say.

You guys have black heart. Really. 

obvious she not mean to kill her. She panick after accident, made a mistake, and so sorry. 

Sure she not think “I will kill her”. The motorbike was behind, so why she have to pay for accident? 

Just talk rubbish. About a dead person. 

Look yourself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

obvious she not mean to kill her. She panick after accident, made a mistake, and so sorry. 

Sure she not think “I will kill her”. The motorbike was behind, so why she have to pay for accident? 

Look yourself.

Agreed, of course no one would ever 'deliberately' drive over a person to ensure they are dead to limit potential compensation claims - thats just incredibly stupid and bigoted comments from some (definitely not most) TVF members. 

That said: This incident highlights the outlandishly high degree of untrained people on the roads.

It is so common that the most basic standards of car control is not instilled in the populace who for the most part 'learn on the fly'... this is why we see so many accidence which can be explained by people 'two foot driving' etc (i.e. brake pedal with left food, accelerator with right foot) and then panicking when something goes amiss. 

Yinn, 'of course she didn't mean to kill her' but that is no excuse for the clear and obvious abhorrent disregard for even the most basic of car control standards - this is clearly an example where there is no defense against the indefensible... 'she didn't mean to' just doesn't cut it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Look yourself.

And look yourself (is that Thai English?), because if you can learn to read and comprehend properly you will notice that I wrote that she panicked. I agreed with you. Go back and read it again, slowly, until you understand what I wrote before commentating and condemning me.

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

greed, of course no one would ever 'deliberately' drive over a person to ensure they are dead to limit potential compensation claims - thats just incredibly stupid and bigoted comments from some (definitely not most) TVF members. 

I've read of it happening several times over the many years I've been here, and to Thais who often regard money as more important that anything else it makes sense. If they've been careless and it's going to cost them big-time, and mean of course that they might have to take responsibility, it is understandable that some might do that. Dead men don't tell tales.

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

And look yourself (is that Thai English?), because if you can learn to read and comprehend properly you will notice that I wrote that she panicked. I agreed with you. Go back and read it again, slowly, until you understand what I wrote before commentating and condemning me.

Ok

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

That's true. No hospital bill or compensation to pay. I haven't read of that for some time but guess it would still be the policy of some. 

It not true. If her fault she must pay compensation to the family of the dead girl.  

But ok, I wrong. You did say she panicked.

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Do you know of any Thai, ever, who has failed to get a license?

Yes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Actually it’s not . It’s chinese Thing to avoid having to pay for ongoing treatment or possible disability . 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yinn said:

It not true. If her fault she must pay compensation to the family of the dead girl.  

But ok, I wrong. You did say she panicked.

Please, think beyond stage one. If there are no witnesses, because the only one who knew what happened has been run over to silence them, what then? That is the whole point of people doing that.

17 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Please, think beyond stage one. If there are no witnesses, because the only one who knew what happened has been run over to silence them, what then? That is the whole point of people doing that.

I know you only read the English one. It not have all the information. I read the other Thai one, a lot more detail. 

I look beyond stage one.

it happen in busy area/road. After she drive on her, the car engine stop, and can not start again. 

So many people help lift the car up to get her. Have many witness the police talk to. 

I 100% believe she not want to kill the woman to save money. I understand you maybe think that, I just want to say it not like that. Sure. 

The woman feel so bad.

Edited by Yinn
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, wgdanson said:

How can she beg forgiveness from a dead person?

Oh I forgot, some people beg some guy called Jesus or his Dad to forgive their sins. Other messiahs are available!

What a nasty and bitter twisted person you are. To mock other people's beliefs is low and not needed just trying to proclaim your self perceived superiority, Really. If something gives a person comfort and meaning who are you to mock them. Sad man. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I've read of it happening several times over the many years I've been here, and to Thais who often regard money as more important that anything else it makes sense. If they've been careless and it's going to cost them big-time, and mean of course that they might have to take responsibility, it is understandable that some might do that. Dead men don't tell tales.

This is one of those 'golden droplets of barstool bull$h!ttery' which get recycled from time to time, a myth spread by exactly the same guys who would tell you 'the farang is always wrong' [in an accident].... 'don't help the victim of an accident, you will be blamed'.... 'Thai's don't want us here, just our money' and a multitude of other outrageously idiotic myths they've somehow managed to convince themselves of.....

I've been here over 20 years, I've never heard of this happening, I've heard other westerners spread this ridiculous myth though... 

Bangkok Barry, where have you read of this happening?... any links to enlighten us with (from reliable media).

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Yinn said:

I know you only read the English one. It not have all the information. I read the other Thai one, a lot more detail. 

I look beyond stage one.

it happen in busy area/road. After she drive on her, the car engine stop, and can not start again. 

So many people help lift the car up to get her. Have many witness the police talk to. 

I 100% believe she not want to kill the woman to save money. I understand you maybe think that, I just want to say it not like that. Sure. 

The woman feel so bad.

You still don't get it. I didn't claim she deliberately killed anyone. I wrote that it has happened with others in cases I've read of over many years. Before you comment you really need to understand what you are reading, what someone is saying. You've made two wrong assumptions about what I wrote.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Bangkok Barry, where have you read of this happening?... any links to enlighten us with (from reliable media).

Reports published on Thai Visa, for one. In other articles too, a few times in the 25 years I've been here. No links over that period of time, but if you care to do your own research then you might come up with something. As I wrote, it's perfectly understandable that in the many thousands of accidents that happen in Thailand, hundreds of thousands over the many years I've been here, a few would resort to that kind of behaviour. Might happen elsewhere as well of course. You'd have to be very naive to believe it never happens, with so much at stake.

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, briansbiology said:

RIP sad stuff.

the transliteration of her thai was awful...

"noo may day tang jay" ?? really

why not nuu mai dai dtang jai?

Besides the point. she should never drive again. she ran over her  after a collision? how did she get a licence? 

Duh! I don't know, can I phone a friend, have good friend at DLT. She have motocy licence

On 10/31/2019 at 12:09 PM, sharktooth said:

On the odd occasion when you can see through the 100% tinted windows I have seen that worst drivers here are women. Barely peeking over the steering wheel or playing on their phone.

See the same thing in the US old ladies driving big cars that can barely see over the steering wheel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/31/2019 at 7:36 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

Reports published on Thai Visa, for one. In other articles too, a few times in the 25 years I've been here. No links over that period of time, but if you care to do your own research then you might come up with something. As I wrote, it's perfectly understandable that in the many thousands of accidents that happen in Thailand, hundreds of thousands over the many years I've been here, a few would resort to that kind of behaviour. Might happen elsewhere as well of course. You'd have to be very naive to believe it never happens, with so much at stake.

You wrote that you have read of this happening several times [someone reversing back over the victim of an road traffic accident to kill them and avoid compensation claims]...

Now you suggest its happened a few times. 

Now, if you've read of it a several time, or even a few times you'd be able to find a link... It's kind impossible for me to find a link to something which hasn't happened. 

Having lived here for a similar amount of time to you I have only ever heard this mentioned in my younger days (in my early 20's) from older westerners at a bar who wanted to come across all knowing, all experienced... the wannabe soothsayer of all things Thai - I soon learned that these types of guys were absolutely full of it. 

It is possible that it this behavior [reversing to kill a victim] has happened at some point in history, even in Thailand, but to suggest it has happened 'several times' or even a 'few' implies a certain frequency, that this is not entirely uncommon - I call BS on this. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You wrote that you have read of this happening several times [someone reversing back over the victim of an road traffic accident to kill them and avoid compensation claims]...

Now you suggest its happened a few times. 

Now, if you've read of it a several time, or even a few times you'd be able to find a link... It's kind impossible for me to find a link to something which hasn't happened. 

Having lived here for a similar amount of time to you I have only ever heard this mentioned in my younger days (in my early 20's) from older westerners at a bar who wanted to come across all knowing, all experienced... the wannabe soothsayer of all things Thai - I soon learned that these types of guys were absolutely full of it. 

It is possible that it this behavior [reversing to kill a victim] has happened at some point in history, even in Thailand, but to suggest it has happened 'several times' or even a 'few' implies a certain frequency, that this is not entirely uncommon - I call BS on this. 

I have no wish to enter into a pointless argument with a stranger. I know that I've read of this happening a number of times (several, a few, a number - all the same thing) and I am not interested in spending time searching out decades-old articles to justify myself to you. As I said, in the hundreds of thousands of accidents during that period of time - 25 years - you would need to be very naive to think it has never happened. That's all I'm saying on the matter. You can believe whatever you want. I really don't care.

On 10/31/2019 at 5:27 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

Do you know of any Thai, ever, who has failed to get a license?

That statement would be quite profound if you knew every Thai person who had ever applied for a licence.  Why should you be aware of any Thai DL failures?

On 10/31/2019 at 5:48 PM, Bangkok Barry said:
On 10/31/2019 at 5:41 PM, Yinn said:

Look yourself.

This is what you stated also and for that you do deserve condemnation because, unless you have specific examples to show otherwise, it is nonsense ...

"That's true. No hospital bill or compensation to pay. I haven't read of that for some time but guess it would still be the policy of some".

Go back and read it again, slowly, until you understand what you wrote before commenting and condemning her.  By the way, not every member is a native-English speaker.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thai kids from rich families (eg: The Red Bull killer) are taught to make sure a victim of a car accident is dead. (I heard my wealthy 70 year old neighbor instruct her daughter on this topic once to my horror.). Dead people don't sue, and the damages payable to a bereaved family are considerably less than damages over-time to a disabled person.

This wasn't an accident or the "wrong gear". This was a murder of convenience and the murderer got busted. Those are crocodile tears.