Gulf War veteran, 55, was killed by a single punch from a bouncer in Thailand who claimed he tried to leave go-go bar without paying his bill

snoop1130

13 minutes ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

The guy is a contrarian little ***** - leave him to his BS and justifying of thuggery / assault, he clearly has a hard on for these Thai bouncers. Probably speaks of his experiences in Thailand. ????

I would love to see his reaction if it were a member of his family in this video. 

He probably likes a bit of 3 on 1 action in Boyztown

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, otaku00 said:

It looks like u have never been knocked out. If so, u cannot control the fall even when u are young and never touched alcohol.

He wasn't knocked out because of the punch, hardly connected. He fell over and banged his head hard on the ground due to the bouncer carrering into him and him being drunk.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sticky Wicket said:

They absolutely did, they blamed the son for nudging past a Thai man in a crowded street. That to some of the people on here is justification for a beating. 

Some real ratbags on here at times

Yes, blamed the son for banging into a Thai and not apologising. I agree that the ensuing assault was unwarrented. No one justified the kick in the head delivered to the old woman.

2 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

If you would watch the videos and read the articles you would find out, that in most cases the bouncers were attacked.

And maybe this was the same here!!! Maybe not!!! No one of us saw what was real happen. The video was cut exactly for show us only this part. ????

Did his family sent the video to the police /court????

I think also that his family never sent a lawyer to the police and court to deal with the case. Maybe the police and court still to now never know him died. The newspaper told nothing about it.

So how the court can deal with it? To much open questions and no answers.

3 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Sometimes it's intentional but often in our countries you pay as you go for your drinks so a newbie with a few drinks in him could easily overlook the fact that he's not paid.

I've done it myself more than once. Easy to do when you've had a few. When confronted, I apologise profusely, return to the bar and pay the bill. Always ends in smiles all round.

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

He might even have killed people.... 

My brother was in the army. The only time he ever fired his gun was on the rifle range. 

He was in the Catering Corps and his service experience was typical of that of most so called 'veterans'. He hated and could not wait till his time was up.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I only buy lady drinks if I want to be entertained, i.e. a couple weeks back I had two young fillies one of each side of me at a bar in Phuket after I returned from Sydney, not your main street Bangla Road rip off bars, around the corner from the hotel I was staying at, we drank for a good couple hours, even bought a couple of girls behind the bar drinks, no one asked for a drink, and each time the girls glasses were empty, I instructed the girl behind the bar to fill em up again, end of the night 2,100 or 2,200 baht was the bill, I was happy, didn't want a happy ending, wanted to have a few laughs, play some pool, feel a couple of young girls up after a long haul, I was entertained, bill seemed reasonable and the girls made some change for the entertainment, e.g. got to give to receive, balance.

Had exactly the same experience in my local bar last night. Bill 1850 plus a couple of 100 baht notes to the girls that had entertained me the most. A good time was had by all. Money well spent.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mok199 said:

My deepest regards for the grieving family...

This  shows just how corrupt the Thai judiciary are. The video clearly shows the victim trying to get way, so how can the brutal bouncer claim "self defense"    The PM needs to take these events into more consideration if he wants  tourists to feel safe, as it is clearly not the case at the present.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richsilver said:

1. This incident happened 17 months ago.  Why is it being posted now?  2.  He could not have called 911 as this does not work in Thailand.

1. It' serves as a warning to others.

2 They might just possibly have meant that he phoned whatever is the Thai equivalent of 911 in the US or 999 in the UK.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, z42 said:

Feel bad for the victim's family For him to lose his life (indirectly or not) from something so trivial as an unpaid bar bill is a really tragic waste.

My guess is that they put some very extravagant charges on the bill that he refused to be scammed into paying.

He looked fairly well off, retired army, and owns a successful cafe.

Appears security guard already questioned and let off the hook. Amazing Thailand.

Edited by happysanook
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

Oh you see do you? No you don't, you need an eye test as we've already established. ????

You're clearly a callous person who would rather attempt to justify a thuggish assault and pretend that this isn't what was caught on tape, than admit you're wrong. The point I was making was that you wouldn't be so quick to rush to the defence of 2-3 doormen assailing an older man in the street if the older man were someone you cared for - it's called empathy, clearly a concept you're unfamiliar with. Anyway, why waste my effort trying to school a person of your low calibre, I'm not gonna reply to your horse**** any further. I'll leave you to your squalid opinions, you're welcome to em'.

The only thing we have established  was that you need to stop shopping at budget places. We have also established you have a vivid imagination of what could be but did not happen, just as we have established you see what you imagine not what actually happened. 

But I do agree , replying with more horse <deleted> , does not make it any less horse<deleted>.

14 hours ago, Yinn said:

He throws a punch to the air as he is approached by two Thai men - and is then hit to the floor with one horror punch.

Walking backwards, away from two men who seem to be pursuing him, perhaps running judging by the speed at which they approach and possibly giving it some verbal. There seems to be a third bloke too, who arrives in the frame after the deceased fell to the floor. Perhaps he had reason to defend himself if this was the aftermath of earlier events at the bar he was in.

• Like 1

Just now, MartinL said:

Walking backwards, away from two men who seem to be pursuing him, perhaps running judging by the speed at which they approach and possibly giving it some verbal. There seems to be a third bloke too, who arrives in the frame after the deceased fell to the floor. Perhaps he had reason to defend himself if this was the aftermath of earlier events at the bar he was in.

It’s called video on fast forward ????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BestB said:

The only thing we have established  was that you need to stop shopping at budget places. We have also established you have a vivid imagination of what could be but did not happen, just as we have established you see what you imagine not what actually happened. 

But I do agree , replying with more horse <deleted> , does not make it any less horse<deleted>.

Like I said.... you should have gone to:

image.png.8ac3e025bbfacec5dc691ef8df4a1b1a.png 

• Like 2