Gulf War veteran, 55, was killed by a single punch from a bouncer in Thailand who claimed he tried to leave go-go bar without paying his bill

snoop1130

13 minutes ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

The guy is a contrarian little ***** - leave him to his BS and justifying of thuggery / assault, he clearly has a hard on for these Thai bouncers. Probably speaks of his experiences in Thailand. ????

I would love to see his reaction if it were a member of his family in this video. 

He probably likes a bit of 3 on 1 action in Boyztown

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

So again, in what is I'm afraid to say typical Thai fashion - we have 3 young men

Ok typical Thai. To hit back. True. Sure.

Typical man.

Typical security.

Typical drunk Brit. (I am sure in his “security in Iraq” time, he did not care if he have more on his side. Fight to win. Like army people)

Typical Pattaya bar. Maybe make accident with the bill, maybe try to cheat, maybe he misunderstand that he if he “feeling” the staff that they expect him to pay for her drink. Maybe he not know “ladydrink” higher price.

Typical guy not want to pay bill. 

Typical Pattaya. Is low class place with low class sex worker and low class customer. He was married guy, alone, go the sex bar. For what?

Typical drunk.

Typical accident with street fight, late night with to much alcohol. Fall. Hit the head on cement.

Typical result.

Typical to say “typical Thai” on TVF.

typical.

This story very typical.

ps. The court can not say it murder. Because he not dead when court case. 

Pss He did make first punch. If that punch hit the thai guy, maybe the thai guy head hit cement and die.

3 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

What video did you watch. The guy swung a haymaker at the bouncer. Didn't connect because he was drunk. If he had connected, he could have done serious damage to the Thai.

I don't remember anyone defending the Thai who kicked an old woman in the head, whilst she was on the floor. Apples and oranges.

They absolutely did, they blamed the son for nudging past a Thai man in a crowded street. That to some of the people on here is justification for a beating. 

Some real ratbags on here at times

13 minutes ago, otaku00 said:

It looks like u have never been knocked out. If so, u cannot control the fall even when u are young and never touched alcohol.

He wasn't knocked out because of the punch, hardly connected. He fell over and banged his head hard on the ground due to the bouncer carrering into him and him being drunk.

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

All it takes is a spark or a fruitloop and the fire will escalate, usually by more Thai's.

Has anyone asked what kind of training this guys have had or require, hmmm, I reckon none, but I could be wrong.

Not saying bouncers are not required, and needed, but come on, when a customer doesn't pay his bill, it's more than likely because it was marked up, just saying.

Be fair you do sometimes get blokes walk out without paying.

Sometimes it's intentional but often in our countries you pay as you go for your drinks so a newbie with a few drinks in him could easily overlook the fact that he's not paid.

But Pattaya bars are notorious for ripping off punters especially if they're daft enough to start buying lady drinks.

Just now, Sticky Wicket said:

They absolutely did, they blamed the son for nudging past a Thai man in a crowded street. That to some of the people on here is justification for a beating. 

Some real ratbags on here at times

Yes, blamed the son for banging into a Thai and not apologising. I agree that the ensuing assault was unwarrented. No one justified the kick in the head delivered to the old woman.

2 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

If you would watch the videos and read the articles you would find out, that in most cases the bouncers were attacked.

And maybe this was the same here!!! Maybe not!!! No one of us saw what was real happen. The video was cut exactly for show us only this part. ????

Did his family sent the video to the police /court????

I think also that his family never sent a lawyer to the police and court to deal with the case. Maybe the police and court still to now never know him died. The newspaper told nothing about it.

So how the court can deal with it? To much open questions and no answers.

3 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Sometimes it's intentional but often in our countries you pay as you go for your drinks so a newbie with a few drinks in him could easily overlook the fact that he's not paid.

I've done it myself more than once. Easy to do when you've had a few. When confronted, I apologise profusely, return to the bar and pay the bill. Always ends in smiles all round.

4 minutes ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

You know it! ???? I bet he likes it rough too. ????

Totally healthy to have gay tendencies , something not very healthy about projecting it into others????

but whatever rocks your boat , maybe the 2 of you can get together for some Self discovering ????

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

He might even have killed people.... 

My brother was in the army. The only time he ever fired his gun was on the rifle range. 

He was in the Catering Corps and his service experience was typical of that of most so called 'veterans'. He hated and could not wait till his time was up.

22 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

But Pattaya bars are notorious for ripping off punters especially if they're daft enough to start buying lady drinks.

I only buy lady drinks if I want to be entertained, i.e. a couple weeks back I had two young fillies one of each side of me at a bar in Phuket after I returned from Sydney, not your main street Bangla Road rip off bars, around the corner from the hotel I was staying at, we drank for a good couple hours, even bought a couple of girls behind the bar drinks, no one asked for a drink, and each time the girls glasses were empty, I instructed the girl behind the bar to fill em up again, end of the night 2,100 or 2,200 baht was the bill, I was happy, didn't want a happy ending, wanted to have a few laughs, play some pool, feel a couple of young girls up after a long haul, I was entertained, bill seemed reasonable and the girls made some change for the entertainment, e.g. got to give to receive, balance.

36 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Ok typical Thai. To hit back. True. Sure.

Typical man.

Typical security.

Typical drunk Brit. (I am sure in his “security in Iraq” time, he did not care if he have more on his side. Fight to win. Like army people)

Typical Pattaya bar. Maybe make accident with the bill, maybe try to cheat, maybe he misunderstand that he if he “feeling” the staff that they expect him to pay for her drink. Maybe he not know “ladydrink” higher price.

Typical guy not want to pay bill. 

Typical Pattaya. Is low class place with low class sex worker and low class customer. He was married guy, alone, go the sex bar. For what?

Typical drunk.

Typical accident with street fight, late night with to much alcohol. Fall. Hit the head on cement.

Typical result.

Typical to say “typical Thai” on TVF.

typical.

This story very typical.

ps. The court can not say it murder. Because he not dead when court case. 

Pss He did make first punch. If that punch hit the thai guy, maybe the thai guy head hit cement and die.

'Ok typical Thai. To hit back. True. Sure.'

With the odds at 2+ against one - yes, it's well known to be the case here, especially when the victim is a foreigner. I can name you dozens of stories and reports in the media and through friends here of this happening. As well as personal experience. The xenophobic taint in most of these attacks shouldn't be understated. 

'Typical security.' - maybe in Pattaya. Not the 'typical' reaction of proper doormen in many developed nations, let me assure you. 

'Typical drunk Brit' - yeh, us Brits don't have a great rep in this regard, no worse than Thais though I would say. PS: I am not defending the man for being drunk (we assume this is the case) and clearly confrontational either. I am damning the 2 younger men who attacked him uneccessarily and left him for dead in the street, operating way outside their remit.

'I am sure in his “security in Iraq” time, he did not care if he have more on his side. Fight to win. Like army people' - pure conjecture, no response required.

'Typical Pattaya. Is low class place with low class sex worker and low class customer. He was married guy, alone, go the sex bar. For what?' - what does that have to do with anything, again it's conjecture and obfuscation on your behalf.

'Typical guy not want to pay bill.' - again more conjecture, you don't know this to be the case. It's possible he was doing a runner, I'd counter that it is just as likely that he was being fleeced by the bar-owners, a common trope in that <deleted> hole town, also possible he left without knowing he hadn't paid. In any case, does it warrant him being assaulted by 2 staff - leading to his death? 

'Typical accident with street fight, late night with to much alcohol. Fall. Hit the head on cement.' - Not by any means unique to Thailand, happens everywhere, there is scum everywhere. The initial (and unfair) attack is what is being condemned - the very poor way in which it was handled. Bar staff should even in Thailand be trained to deal with such situations and not turn it into a street fight, that's the point.

'Typical to say “typical Thai” on TVF.' - Such circumstances are I'm afraid typical here, I wouldn't state so if it weren't the case. Whether you believe me or not is your choice.

'This story very typical.' - That says a lot about Pattaya and the issues there then, no? Something that perhaps needs addressing, ESPECIALLY when it's a city (and a country) that relies so heavily on the money of tourists and foreign investors to survive.

'The court can not say it murder. Because he not dead when court case.' They could have convicted the 2 guys of GBH and the one who made contact with him with manslaughter, but hey, Thailand doesn't really have a court system or functioning judiciary, let's not pretend otherwise, you'd only make yourself look foolish if you tried.

1 hour ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

So, once again trying to exculpate your countrymen. Sad, but typical.

A simiar thing happened to a friend of mine - 66 year old American man,  severely beaten in Chiang Mai province - by a gang of spineless young Thai men thugs.

So again, in what is I'm afraid to say typical Thai fashion - we have 3 young men (well, that's a generous label for these cockroaches) vs one old foreigner. They immediately start swinging, no attempt to simply restrain or remonstrate with the man (caught on CCTV) these young lads go at this old fella full tilt, safe in the knowledge that their little mates are right behind them to back them up. Pathetic. These turds should be taught a lesson, life in prison, no chance of parole for at least 20 years. This is not how you handle a situation as trivial as what has been reported.

I take the point that bouncers are very often <deleted> the world over, but it is I would wager VERY RARE (and is something I have never experienced in the UK) to see 3 doormen attack an older male over a trivial issue such as this, when there is seemingly no prior violence or attempt of violence. Doorstaff in developed nations are at least often trained, and while many are looking for a ruck, there are also some decent and restrained guys out there who will do their utmost to defuse a situation. 3 against 1 / the difference in age - not something that you're likely to witness where I'm from. It is hard to know the pretext to this situation, but these remain pertinent no matter what - 3 against 1, unneccessary attack, age difference. Could and should have been resolved in a more professional and calm manner.

Even if this fella did swing first, with 3 young men surrounding you and -being inebriated- it might well be the first reaction of many. If he hadn't of swung would the 3 guys not have rushed him? Seems unlikely, knowing Pattaya.

The attitude toward tourists is at times staggering here. As an industry that is responsible for approaching half the economic output / GDP - directly or indirectly - Thais really can't afford to be this complacent. 

Exactly right, they are and they DESERVE to be too. 

Very sad in any case. I feel for his family.

Good post. You've hit the nail right on the head.

5 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I only buy lady drinks if I want to be entertained, i.e. a couple weeks back I had two young fillies one of each side of me at a bar in Phuket after I returned from Sydney, not your main street Bangla Road rip off bars, around the corner from the hotel I was staying at, we drank for a good couple hours, even bought a couple of girls behind the bar drinks, no one asked for a drink, and each time the girls glasses were empty, I instructed the girl behind the bar to fill em up again, end of the night 2,100 or 2,200 baht was the bill, I was happy, didn't want a happy ending, wanted to have a few laughs, play some pool, feel a couple of young girls up after a long haul, I was entertained, bill seemed reasonable and the girls made some change for the entertainment, e.g. got to give to receive, balance.

Had exactly the same experience in my local bar last night. Bill 1850 plus a couple of 100 baht notes to the girls that had entertained me the most. A good time was had by all. Money well spent.

14 hours ago, mok199 said:

My deepest regards for the grieving family...

This  shows just how corrupt the Thai judiciary are. The video clearly shows the victim trying to get way, so how can the brutal bouncer claim "self defense"    The PM needs to take these events into more consideration if he wants  tourists to feel safe, as it is clearly not the case at the present.

1 hour ago, richsilver said:

1. This incident happened 17 months ago.  Why is it being posted now?  2.  He could not have called 911 as this does not work in Thailand.

1. It' serves as a warning to others.

2 They might just possibly have meant that he phoned whatever is the Thai equivalent of 911 in the US or 999 in the UK.

14 hours ago, donnacha said:

On entry, I would give every tourist a welcome card containing 24hr emergency numbers manned by competent English / Mandarin / Korean speakers.

Enter for what? I quit Thailand because I grew tired of tourists being physically abused without provocation- yes I *have seen this, more than once, all in Pattaya- and verbally abused (me) multiple times. Needlessly.

So now Thai ‘hospitality’ has escalated to another level, as posted here.

Contempt, not respect, from me, is all Thailand gets.

14 hours ago, z42 said:

Feel bad for the victim's family For him to lose his life (indirectly or not) from something so trivial as an unpaid bar bill is a really tragic waste.

My guess is that they put some very extravagant charges on the bill that he refused to be scammed into paying.

He looked fairly well off, retired army, and owns a successful cafe.

Appears security guard already questioned and let off the hook. Amazing Thailand.

I read the stories.... I won't bother read the 18 Pages of Replies in just 13 hours...... But my own opinion, after knowing bars like this in Pattaya, and reminding me of an occasion in a 'Patpong upstairs' bar in Bangkok some 20 years ago, Where one drink came up with a bill over 800 Baht for a twenty minutes visit (and no lady drinks).... I had to fight my way downstairs after paying only for my drink.....

This bar in Pattaya needs to be avoided and that bouncer needs to do 'much Time in NONG PALAI'..... the local Pattaya prison..... I only hope that this incident draws enough focus on what  is happening at that Bar....... (to warrant punishment Bar and Bouncer)..... Even after their stuffed 'Brown Envelopes'...... They need to do JAIL TIME.............

Hey PRAYUT....... are you listening???????              OK...... I thought not.........

37 minutes ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

Oh you see do you? No you don't, you need an eye test as we've already established. ????

You're clearly a callous person who would rather attempt to justify a thuggish assault and pretend that this isn't what was caught on tape, than admit you're wrong. The point I was making was that you wouldn't be so quick to rush to the defence of 2-3 doormen assailing an older man in the street if the older man were someone you cared for - it's called empathy, clearly a concept you're unfamiliar with. Anyway, why waste my effort trying to school a person of your low calibre, I'm not gonna reply to your horse**** any further. I'll leave you to your squalid opinions, you're welcome to em'.

The only thing we have established  was that you need to stop shopping at budget places. We have also established you have a vivid imagination of what could be but did not happen, just as we have established you see what you imagine not what actually happened. 

But I do agree , replying with more horse <deleted> , does not make it any less horse<deleted>.

14 hours ago, Yinn said:

He throws a punch to the air as he is approached by two Thai men - and is then hit to the floor with one horror punch.

Walking backwards, away from two men who seem to be pursuing him, perhaps running judging by the speed at which they approach and possibly giving it some verbal. There seems to be a third bloke too, who arrives in the frame after the deceased fell to the floor. Perhaps he had reason to defend himself if this was the aftermath of earlier events at the bar he was in.

Just now, MartinL said:

Walking backwards, away from two men who seem to be pursuing him, perhaps running judging by the speed at which they approach and possibly giving it some verbal. There seems to be a third bloke too, who arrives in the frame after the deceased fell to the floor. Perhaps he had reason to defend himself if this was the aftermath of earlier events at the bar he was in.

It’s called video on fast forward ????

1 minute ago, BestB said:

The only thing we have established  was that you need to stop shopping at budget places. We have also established you have a vivid imagination of what could be but did not happen, just as we have established you see what you imagine not what actually happened. 

But I do agree , replying with more horse <deleted> , does not make it any less horse<deleted>.

Like I said.... you should have gone to:

image.png.8ac3e025bbfacec5dc691ef8df4a1b1a.png 

Archived