Motor Vehicle License Tax Still Paybel at Central?

Banana7

10 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Paid 100b tax for motorcycle this afternoon at Central festival mall, 6th floor. Very fast service, less than 5 minutes. Highly recommended.

Is it brand new as usually older ones need a simple mechanical inspection. 

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Is it brand new as usually older ones need a simple mechanical inspection. 

Mine is a 2012 model, and required the inspection which cost 60b and took about 5-10 minutes. Motorcycles older than 5 years require the inspection.

The office also processes car license tax. There were agents at the office with piles of blue books. I guess car owners can pay a little extra to an agent to get their renewal or don't know how easy, convenient and fast it is to do it themselves.

Edited by Banana7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Banana7 said:

I guess car owners can pay a little extra to an agent to get their renewal or don't know how easy, convenient and fast it is to do it themselves.

Yes it is easy, my Mrs drives off in the truck and does it!????

On 11/3/2019 at 9:14 AM, Banana7 said:

Mine is a 2012 model, and required the inspection which cost 60b and took about 5-10 minutes. Motorcycles older than 5 years require the inspection.

The office also processes car license tax. There were agents at the office with piles of blue books. I guess car owners can pay a little extra to an agent to get their renewal or don't know how easy, convenient and fast it is to do it themselves.

What’s the name of the shop that does this? I’ve been riding up to the transport office 3 times a year to tax/insure my bikes. Never knew they had an office in central. 

Do they come down into the car park to inspect your bike or have to park it outside? 

4 minutes ago, LammyTS1 said:

What’s the name of the shop that does this? I’ve been riding up to the transport office 3 times a year to tax/insure my bikes. Never knew they had an office in central. 

Do they come down into the car park to inspect your bike or have to park it outside? 

The Department of Land Transportation  sets up a mini office for Taxing vehicles ( tax disc and update books)

on Saturdays at Central Pattaya Beach

they do not inspect the vehicles  for that you can either go to the DLT or to one of the many shops around town showing this sign

post-2109-0-09307200-1357115893.gif

these shops can also  do the whole kaboodle for you  for a small extra fee    so they inspect the vehicle,issue the mandatory insurance and take the book to the DLT to get it updated and bring the tax disc back for you in a couple of days.

• Like 1