Prayut praises China for keeping region stable, prosperous

webfact

glorious leaders of both Thailand and The Philippines are both of Chinese ancestry

Dr M; well he's Indian ancestry, so will be pretty smart at how to milk the Chinese for what he can get out of this...

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Traubert said:

That's where most people's thinking is on China on TVF. Cant get past the word Communist and McCarthyism. Chicoms indeed.

Dinosaurs are extinct too.

I've no issue thinking for myself.

What's worse than actually living under Communism? Living under the pretense of Communism where the only thing socialized is debt and despair. Where party apartachiks enjoy everything and 'the people' nothing.

The 70s revolutions brought in the same opaque, top down autocracies as they proclaimed they would dissolve.

China has made a mess of it's markets. The juggling act continues especially with government industries and real estate gambits. It would have gotten nowhere save for the wholesale theft of other nations intellectual property

Of course in this day and age it's growing more difficult by the day to exercise basic human rights in even the west.

Comes the Fourth Turning

Hillary and Bernie fanboi no doubt.

4 hours ago, Moo 2 said:

A world wide referendum should be organize which would ask 2 questions:

Would you like to live under a Chinese Communist Regime or

live under a fully Democratic System.

As for Hong Kong, anyone who think he/she supports China's Politic, should

be kicked out of Hong Kong and transferred to mainland China.

You are making a suggestion based on a faulty assumption. Jump to 1:00 of the video.

4 hours ago, Moo 2 said:

A world wide referendum should be organize which would ask 2 questions:

Would you like to live under a Chinese Communist Regime or

live under a fully Democratic System.

As for Hong Kong, anyone who think he/she supports China's Politic, should

be kicked out of Hong Kong and transferred to mainland China.

You urgently need an education on China history. Hong Kong is a province of China before Britain forced Beijing to concede to them for 100 years. Hong Kong citizens are Chinese citizens. If UK and USA are so concerned, they should freely allow the citizens to migrate to their countries. Guess not. They just want to creat the noise but no bit. 

3 hours ago, zydeco said:

No, Malaysia has backed off and joined the China landgrab. Dr. M. and Duterte are going to join other ASEAN whipped dogs in a crawl-a-thon to see who can most lick China's boots.

If you are in business, don't you think that the right thing to do is to always be very nice to your top customer? Especially if the customer also has the money to invest in your business? Why listen to a thug that wants to drive a wedge between you and your top customer, especially if this thug has no money and always threaten you with violence?

Did China ever try to conquer Malaysia and the Philippines? Nope. But the Europeans and the Americans sure did.

Philippine–American War

they can stabilise all that part of the world, by concreting the remaining nothingness of their own backyard - instead of spreading out to assimilate neighbouring countries! 

- a sort of 20/21st century version of the american population expansion out into the wild west...

china could become Earth's ballast, instead of wasting it all on ballistic ????  world domination

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayut praises China for keeping region stable, prosperous

sure Prayut, China does it for the well being of the region not for China's interests, that's why they still arguing with Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, etc., over the illegal grabbing of SCS islands/rocks...  Chinese are such a generous race, everything they do is for the good or the region (sarcasm intended)

Chinese, Chinese Thai pretty much run the business sector of Thailand now. It is going to be a rough row to hoe for western expats. I feel for expats that have been caught up in this mess.

Nature abhors a vacuum and the USA, UK, and Europe in general have a dismal record of becoming true allies and partners for the Kingdom and other ASEAN participants. As the West pulls its head back in its shell, look for a future world run by the Chinese and Russians.  History, Geography, and smart forward looking strategies are at work here ... and the USA in particular ... is just handing over the keys and walking away.

11 hours ago, steven100 said:

Very Impressive and well done. Thailand thanks China … and vice versa.

Prime Minister Khun Prayut Chan O Cha hosted many high level dignitaries over the past few days in which bilateral trade, investment and infrastructure were discussed.

Good for the Prime Minister and Great for Thailand.

Capture.khunprayut2.PNG.c38efa4edd1c52ea0393aa6db4c3b324.PNG 

You're really consistent with the deadpan humour. Love it! ????

6 minutes ago, bangkokequity said:

and the USA in particular ... is just handing over the keys and walking away.

About time IMO. Should of walked away long ago.

8 minutes ago, bangkokequity said:

Nature abhors a vacuum and the USA, UK, and Europe in general have a dismal record of becoming true allies and partners for the Kingdom and other ASEAN participants. As the West pulls its head back in its shell, look for a future world run by the Chinese and Russians.  History, Geography, and smart forward looking strategies are at work here ... and the USA in particular ... is just handing over the keys and walking away.

Kind of difficult to be a "true ally and partner" with a country that sided with Japan against the Allies in World War II and now has sided with the Communist dictator in Beijing.

5 hours ago, Selatan said:

You are making a suggestion based on a faulty assumption. Jump to 1:00 of the video.

This Kishore guy is a well known anti-West hack. 

He is just like the Malaysian PM, constantly dismissing the US. 

Never once do these guys acknowledge any of the US grievances, such as the theft of its intellectual property by China, for example. 

Kishore is a guy with a very clear agenda - as clear as Fox News or MSNBC is. Only he sounds smart to some people because he speaks in an accented English. 

5 hours ago, Number 6 said:

I've no issue thinking for myself.

What's worse than actually living under Communism? Living under the pretense of Communism where the only thing socialized is debt and despair. Where party apartachiks enjoy everything and 'the people' nothing.

The 70s revolutions brought in the same opaque, top down autocracies as they proclaimed they would dissolve.

China has made a mess of it's markets. The juggling act continues especially with government industries and real estate gambits. It would have gotten nowhere save for the wholesale theft of other nations intellectual property

Of course in this day and age it's growing more difficult by the day to exercise basic human rights in even the west.

Comes the Fourth Turning

Hillary and Bernie fanboi no doubt.

Well where to start?

I've 'lived under Communism' for 13 years. What difference have I noticed? None. Ok the beaurocracy can be tiresome but so it was in the UK.

Debt levels? Debt to who? The Chinese are the best savers around. Why? Fear of medical bills but there is a burgeoning welfare system emerging but with 20% of the world population under your wing it wont be an overnight miracle.

Despair? Who is desperate? No one I know. Frustrated sometimes but who isnt? You should make an attempt to party with ordinary Chinese some time, the days of the 'Iron Rice Bowl' are long gone as are terms like 'Apparatchik' which is Russian and therefore leads to my statement that thinking hasnt moved on from the 70's.

Elderly and ailing Nationalised Industries are being either closed or shares offered at a premium on condition that they are brought up to date and  yield tax instead pf subsidy and are environmentally acceptable.

Whose IP did China steal for the darkside landing? The fastest super computer? 5G? Quantum communication? China registers more patent applications than the rest of the world together.

I dont really know what 'fanboi' means but I have little respect, no, lets say none, for self serving lying cheating Western politicians including the failed  chatlatans you name.

You say you think for yourself but it doesn't come out as other than Western media propaganda.

13 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Kind of difficult to be a "true ally and partner" with a country that sided with Japan against the Allies in World War II and now has sided with the Communist dictator in Beijing.

Ummm ... you have seen how this all worked out for Germany, Japan, and Italy ... yes?  ROFL.  

6 minutes ago, bangkokequity said:

Ummm ... you have seen how this all worked out for Germany, Japan, and Italy ... yes?  ROFL.  

Sure have. And those countries had armies of occupation in them for quite some time. There were also war crimes trials for the leaders of at least two them as well. All over Europe, Axis and Axis allied leaders had to face the music for the actions. The same in Asia. Except for one place, where the wartime leader allied with Japan managed to come back and be the postwar PM as well.

1 minute ago, zydeco said:

Sure have. And those countries had armies of occupation in them for quite some time. There were also war crimes trials for the leaders of at least two them as well. All over Europe, Axis and Axis allied leaders had to face the music for the actions. The same in Asia. Except for one place, where the wartime leader allied with Japan managed to come back and be the postwar PM as well.

I am going to guess you are a Trumpster, because you have a narrow grasp of (actual) history, an understanding that Thailand was a bit like Finland's deal with Germany (Ok, you can travel through our country ...) .. that there WAS a Thai Resistance force .. etc.  Bottom line.  Thailand did little either way in WW2.  I will guess you are a Thai hater ... and probably not capable of seeing any good in The Kingdom.  So, I will share with you that I find that (1) You will NOT change your mind / opinion ... (2) even if presented with facts that contradict your view.  My time has value, and I am not interested in a flame fest with a Thai Visa / Thai Hater.  So, in that spirit, I wish you the best and say Goodbye, and Good Luck.  

2 hours ago, Traubert said:

Well where to start?

I've 'lived under Communism' for 13 years. What difference have I noticed? None. Ok the beaurocracy can be tiresome but so it was in the UK.

Debt levels? Debt to who? The Chinese are the best savers around. Why? Fear of medical bills but there is a burgeoning welfare system emerging but with 20% of the world population under your wing it wont be an overnight miracle.

Despair? Who is desperate? No one I know. Frustrated sometimes but who isnt? You should make an attempt to party with ordinary Chinese some time, the days of the 'Iron Rice Bowl' are long gone as are terms like 'Apparatchik' which is Russian and therefore leads to my statement that thinking hasnt moved on from the 70's.

Elderly and ailing Nationalised Industries are being either closed or shares offered at a premium on condition that they are brought up to date and  yield tax instead pf subsidy and are environmentally acceptable.

Whose IP did China steal for the darkside landing? The fastest super computer? 5G? Quantum communication? China registers more patent applications than the rest of the world together.

I dont really know what 'fanboi' means but I have little respect, no, lets say none, for self serving lying cheating Western politicians including the failed  chatlatans you name.

You say you think for yourself but it doesn't come out as other than Western media propaganda.

Funny, I have good friends from China that work and live in Thailand. The don't like to government there. And hate the restrictions. Vietnam is another country where the people hate the government. Or at least the hotel owners and people I talked to. Not saying it is better than the western politicians. But, The common working people do not like communism. Also in Vietnam they were scared to death about being heard talking about the party.  So?

2 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

This Kishore guy is a well known anti-West hack. 

He is just like the Malaysian PM, constantly dismissing the US. 

Never once do these guys acknowledge any of the US grievances, such as the theft of its intellectual property by China, for example. 

Kishore is a guy with a very clear agenda - as clear as Fox News or MSNBC is. Only he sounds smart to some people because he speaks in an accented English. 

If it wasn't for the WTO , China would still be in the dark ages! stealing Intel Prop,  is bad for the good guys 

Archived