Trump wades again into UK politics, tells Johnson, Farage to unite

webfact

Yeah, it's easy to be dismissive, but of the world leaders on choice who would you choose  - Xi Jinping, Putin. One has to realise that what you're going for here is the best of a bad bunch. Or maybe you'd like Prayut in charge. Personally, I'd go for a total b@#tard, someone with good motives but can get things done.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

America apologizes for the rantings of our ignorant Prez.  But if it's any consolation, most Americans despise Trump more than you Brits!

Sorry, Mr. Berkshire, maybe or probably it's wishful thinking (as I do).

But the reality will show how stupid the Americans are ... in the next election. Stupid enough to elect him again, the LOTUS (the Liar of the United States). Everybody with more than half a gram of brain in his/her head could recognize already before the last election what a shameful character he would be in this top job. Change, I'm not sure :annoyed:

And Farage listens to this small US brain. Not yet, but wait .... !

Edited by puck2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

The architect of 'Brexit' is too cowardly to run for office.

Speaks volumes.

Boris Johnson has received Trump's blessing and support.

Speaks even louder.

"...Trump also said Britain could do four to five times more trade with the United States..."

So sayeth the UK's new best friend and savior.

I think Farage is Trumps man, not so much Johnson.  He has said, when phoning Nigel's phone in show, that Johnson's deal threatens any future trade deals with the USA and that will hurt Boris's position.  Let's see how the next few days go but I suspect that Johnson may end up with some "behind the closed door" deal with Nigel.

There is no doubt that the Brexit party will have a real effect on the results if Farage fights all the seats but they are likely to take as many seats from the Labour Party as from the Tories. 

I don't think Nigel ever had any intention of standing himself, couldn't take the humiliation again of failing, which he surely would have.

• Like 1

Whenever Trump speaks you can be absolutely certain of 1 thing: Whatever Trump says is in the best interests of Trump. Everything else is gibberish and subject to change, history and facts be damned. With that in mind, the US genuinely benefits from a closer relationship with the UK while simultaneously weakining the EU. So Trump is going to push to separate the UK from the EU to maximum degree possible.  That is the only reason he is supporting Brexit. If tomorrow Nigel decided that compromise with the EU was the best thing, Trump would denounce him like yesterday's special.

Just keep Trump in context and he's tolerable. In 5 years he'll be gone. Brexit is going to last a lifetime. I think most people are smart enough to see that.

Edited by Monomial
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Monomial said:

Whenever Trump speaks you can be absolutely certain of 1 thing: Whatever Trump says is in the best interests of Trump. Everything else is gibberish and subject to change, history and facts be damned. With that in mind, the US genuinely benefits from a closer relationship with the UK while simultaneously weakining the EU. So Trump is going to push to separate the UK from the EU to maximum degree possible.  That is the only reason he is supporting Brexit. If tomorrow Nigel decided that compromise with the EU was the best thing, Trump would denounce him like yesterday's special.

Just keep Trump in context and he's tolerable. In 5 years he'll be gone. Brexit is going to last a lifetime. I think most people are smart enough to see that.

Agree with your post apart from the last bit.  Trump will be gone way before 5 years.