Pattaya: Locals sell their houses after being driven away by trash

webfact

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

most Thai residents living in Pattaya come from other province in the country, many visit at the weekend and on holiday

I visit many none tourist towns cities all over Thailand and there is trash everywhere, they are dirty pigs and have no concept of what clean is, you want to see clean - go to the west or even Japan and you will see clean

44 minutes ago, smedly said:

Yin is blowing it out his (deleted) as usual, I wonder how his home country deals with trash - the highest polluter on the planet 

Yin is a girl. But she is totally off on this one. Just like the Thai who want gated communities, move in and then don't pay the fees. Certain Thai are cheap buffalos who think anything they can get away with was a win..  

I read on TVF “Thais stupid, dirty” everyday. Talk about me.

should say “some Thais” like some farang.

This OP about pattaya, famous farang and sex worker city. 

Is not my life, not my city.

this where I live, not same Pattaya, cleaner than farang country place in #48.

Just because you say something, not mean you right, I wrong. 

I post this already. All “Thais” not the same. If you live  sex tourist and sex worker city, I think it will be dirty. Is not thailand, just one place. 

Different community is different. Thai people not all same each other!

opposite pattaya

F56C389A-264C-45B4-A005-2F8BEA111AF4.jpeg

9FC4D9EB-EBE9-4CAB-95A5-48F6AE5477C3.jpeg

73EBEDEC-11C8-420A-B216-12A87124F9DD.jpeg

BA5F9F3C-7441-474D-A156-EF914445CF1D.jpeg

FCAF8736-4B59-4B86-98CD-E13E800149D0.jpeg

CD9B9147-532F-4277-977E-8E1765F4AB1B.jpeg

4E8F52EA-9539-48F6-A84D-00CCF532825B.jpeg

479A593A-42AD-4BC8-8247-8CCB876A007A.jpeg

4E5E2664-3899-40AD-A8ED-2EC61E8E3559.jpeg

6F56648D-B6EC-4B34-A2DB-3F618DCDC355.jpeg

B72E71E8-2AD5-4B88-914B-1E762DC826B1.jpeg

E6AC853B-6DDC-44FB-887A-66ED880EF428.jpeg

1 hour ago, Tayaout said:

This is what trash collection look like in most "high density caucasian" countries. 

images (4).jpeg

images (5).jpeg

BTW I'm the only foreigner in my community and there is no trash collection in the village. All Thai throw and burn trash everywhere. 

WE have it  here BUT  many of t he  villagers  wont  pay that 40-60  baht a  month.............much better to drive up the road and  dump where no one  is  looking, day to day plastics  of course can be burnt...............slowly for  hours.

10 minutes ago, Yinn said:

I post this already. All “Thais” not the same. If you live  sex tourist and sex worker city, I think it will be dirty. Is not thailand, just one place. 

opposite pattaya

So one  question how do you educate or improve areas with people living there who maybe Thai but are NOT like you  so are dirty and dump rubbish

I am seriously interested in your answer!

10 minutes ago, poohy said:

So one  question how do you educate or improve areas with people living there who maybe Thai but are NOT like you  so are dirty and dump rubbish

Never met a Thai that wasn't dirty.

Unless they're rich enough to employ people to pick up after them, their houses are surrounded by rubbish.

Front door of my MiL's house, the whole garden was the same, and all her neighbours gardens.

junk.jpg

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Unless they're rich enough to employ people to pick up after them, their houses are surrounded by rubbish.

I agree but eagerly awaiting ms yinns solution....... shes Thai you know????

26 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Yin is a girl. But she is totally off on this one. Just like the Thai who want gated communities, move in and then don't pay the fees. Certain Thai are cheap buffalos who think anything they can get away with was a win..  

including the many driving offences that cause the carnage on the roads, not such a win when the dead and injured are being shovelled off the roads into hospitals or body bags

3 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Couldn't the residents join together, a few 100 Baht each, to solve the issue? Surely wouldn't be that difficult to find someone to remove the trash for cash. Where they eventually will deposit the garbage is another issue...

It gets moved 'outside the environment'

Google  The front fell off'

2 hours ago, Saltire said:

I live in a small village (not Pattaya) and I am the only farang. Every house, reluctantly including my own, burns their rubbish daily so apart from the burning plastic issue, at least the community keeps the entire place free of rubbish.

One aspiring entrepreneur recently did a poll around all the houses asking who would sign up for a collection service which would cost 40 Baht a month for a 2 times a week collection. A very large majority rejected it saying that was too expensive and anyway, burning was free. It will take a long time for this attitude to change I fear.

We're the same. A point that was made about having a collection service was that the 2 or 3 families who make a living collecting and selling recyclables would loose their livelihoods. Fair point.

Most folks burn their rubbish, but I prefer not to. I cart it away myself twice a week to a public collection point. The village is actually surprisingly clean, with very little litter around. I enjoy my litter free walks around the village and the surrounding countryside.

I've certainly never seen anything like that appalling mess down it Pattaya neither here in rural Issan nor in Udon Thani where I first lived.

2 hours ago, Tayaout said:

This is what trash collection look like in most "high density caucasian" countries. 

images (4).jpeg

images (5).jpeg

BTW I'm the only foreigner in my community and there is no trash collection in the village. All Thai throw and burn trash everywhere. 

I have the same issue in my housing village, luckily i don't own the property, so I will be leaving in 6 months.  
Dogs howling day and night as the owners leave their dogs out all day and all night and never take them for walks. 
People burning trash in their gardens
Most of the house owners here don't bother paying their yearly service fees, so the village basically gets abandoned

3 hours ago, Yinn said:

But these houses built for foreigners and not locals and like this now.

These houses are built for who has the means to buy them.
I'm pretty sure there are as many and maybe more Thai people than Farang who owns them.
The problem raised is not a problem of residents but of society paid to do its job: to collect garbage.
But this company is Thai and the workers are too because it is a trade forbidden farang.

All too often, the infrastructure is not in place or tested before the hoopla and fanfare of a grand opening or occupancy commences. The pathetic state oftrash collection, pollution control and maintenance can be seen across this city and elsewheres.

3 minutes ago, Benmart said:

All too often, the infrastructure is not in place or tested before the hoopla and fanfare of a grand opening or occupancy commences. The pathetic state oftrash collection, pollution control and maintenance can be seen across this city and elsewheres.

I live near Chiang Mai.

San Sai Amphur collect my trash for 80bht/month.

Great service, they collect everything you leave by the bin, no complaints over the 6 years they've been collecting.

This story is fake news, it's about poor Thai people in the poorest subsidised city housing estate not paying their monthly refuse collection bills. Nobody works for free, if they don't pay, it won't be collected.

For those claiming the residents should just "chip in" and pay for garbage collection, typically in these moo baans a yearly maintenance fee is paid by the residents which is used to pay for garbage collection, along with maintenance of public spaces like streets, streetlights, etc.

In the photos in the OP, you can see the newish, plastic garbage bins, most likely bought by the moo baan. The obvious problem is that garbage is then not removed. If I had to guess, I'd say that the housing estate management is pocketing the fees meant for the garbage collection (perhaps not frequent enough to keep up with the volume of generated trash, or maybe even not at all) resulting in the mess shown in the photos.

3 hours ago, Yinn said:

The Thai link says the “traditional” house owners moving away. The people live there before. Before the nice place.

But these houses built for foreigners and not locals and like this now. The new people not care. 

Terrible. 

Maybe building company will buy there land and build more new house.= more rubbish.

Pattaya have a the most caucasians per km in Thailand. Or not? 

Why is it the dirtiest? 

The community must work together. Up to them.

1C5CB208-D368-4026-970E-079082AF2A3B.jpeg

98487DE6-F5E3-4FF4-92DB-9034D25A89D2.jpeg

69A89A61-B07B-43C9-B53C-E3C27A7CFCD0.jpeg

So your implying it's the nasty Farang doing this? Are you mad or just hate Farang so much (read a few of your posts and think the latter)? Yep on returning home to the UK I did notice all the rubbish in the town and overflowing garbage strewn across the roads, people dropping litter everywhere, dogs roaming in packs terrorising anyone daring to venture out on foot., motorbikes using paths and public parks as their right. NO, NO, NO I did not. Take the criticism you deserve it. There are a few saying they have very good local government but many do not. The bin men where I used to stay stopped collecting rubbish about 6 houses down from us.

47 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Front door of my MiL's house, the whole garden was the same, and all her neighbours gardens.

junk.jpg

50 minutes ago, poohy said:

Ok, but not be angry me please.

1) education. 

Must educate the kid. Old people difficult to change. Same old people not understand/belief climate change.

I agree a lot of thailand dirty. Annoying me also. 

Usually is terrible in low class/wage/education area.

i think a lot a farang marry/girlfriend the sex worker. So live in sex area like pattaya with low education people. 

Then they live with them in the low area village with the sex worker family from. This sex worker usually come from poverty area. So is dirty place.

The Photo I show #48, in farang country, I sure it low class/education/wage area. Same.

The poster above say “he never met thai who not dirty”. He marry a sex worker. Show her home. He not see different. 

Bangkok is dirty because to big. But small place is up to the community.

my area educate a lot. It really helping. Really.

you “seriously” ask me. I tell you “seriously” IMO.

Sorry to member who marry/girlfriend the sex worker. I just answer true IMO. 

Not be angry me please. 

Same I not angry you guy say about me “never met thai not dirty” 

Some member say there area/village is clean. Nobody argue them. Only argue Yinn. I belief them. Is true. Up to the place.

Education and community work together is my answer.

i want that. Sure.

l not really care about human. But I love nature and animal. Human make the rubbish, the animal can not fix. Up to us. 

I guess that´s a problem with huge moo baans. Some people don´t pay, some are not clean, some are burning their garbage - and nobody is interested, also the management. 

I am living in a small moo baan in Chiang Mai. Once a week they pic up the garbage, the gardeners walk around every day to clean and I put all paper, plastic and metal garbage in an extra bag and give it to the gardener, who brings it to a recycling station and makes some extra money. 

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

I read on TVF “Thais stupid, dirty” everyday. Talk about me.

should say “some Thais” like some farang.

This OP about pattaya, famous farang and sex worker city. 

Is not my life, not my city.

this where I live, not same Pattaya, cleaner than farang country place in #48.

Just because you say something, not mean you right, I wrong. 

opposite pattaya

F56C389A-264C-45B4-A005-2F8BEA111AF4.jpeg

9FC4D9EB-EBE9-4CAB-95A5-48F6AE5477C3.jpeg

73EBEDEC-11C8-420A-B216-12A87124F9DD.jpeg

BA5F9F3C-7441-474D-A156-EF914445CF1D.jpeg

FCAF8736-4B59-4B86-98CD-E13E800149D0.jpeg

CD9B9147-532F-4277-977E-8E1765F4AB1B.jpeg

4E8F52EA-9539-48F6-A84D-00CCF532825B.jpeg

479A593A-42AD-4BC8-8247-8CCB876A007A.jpeg

4E5E2664-3899-40AD-A8ED-2EC61E8E3559.jpeg

6F56648D-B6EC-4B34-A2DB-3F618DCDC355.jpeg

B72E71E8-2AD5-4B88-914B-1E762DC826B1.jpeg

E6AC853B-6DDC-44FB-887A-66ED880EF428.jpeg

Old pictures posted months ago

34 minutes ago, tonysilly said:

Good job pattaya, and Thailand. I'm sure this is not a problem for Thai people.  Why are Farangs complaining? 555

Click the link. You wrong. Is thai news.

Thank you yinn

I am happy for your response that more education is needed along with Community work.

That is why i said low education areas such as countryside there will not be change happening quickly.

People sell food outside my local village school rubbish is just everywhere also when grass along road is cut by the local government it shows all the rubbish that has been dumped they sweep up the grass but leave the rubbish!!

In Prachuap beaches  are cleaned but if you visit the back roads of town there are piles of rubbish where people dump it there seems no community interest there.

I have lived here for 20 years and when i go back to UK to visit (a normal working class area)the first thing i notice is no rubbish lying around.

20 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Ok, but not be angry me please.

1) education. 

Must educate the kid. Old people difficult to change. Same old people not understand/belief climate change.

I agree a lot of thailand dirty. Annoying me also. 

Usually is terrible in low class/wage/education area.

i think a lot a farang marry/girlfriend the sex worker. So live in sex area like pattaya with low education people. 

Then they live with them in the low area village with the sex worker family from. This sex worker usually come from poverty area. So is dirty place.

The Photo I show #48, in farang country, I sure it low class/education/wage area. Same.

The poster above say “he never met thai who not dirty”. He marry a sex worker. Show her home. He not see different. 

Bangkok is dirty because to big. But small place is up to the community.

my area educate a lot. It really helping. Really.

you “seriously” ask me. I tell you “seriously” IMO.

Sorry to member who marry/girlfriend the sex worker. I just answer true IMO. 

Not be angry me please. 

Same I not angry you guy say about me “never met thai not dirty” 

Some member say there area/village is clean. Nobody argue them. Only argue Yinn. I belief them. Is true. Up to the place.

Education and community work together is my answer.

i want that. Sure.

l not really care about human. But I love nature and animal. Human make the rubbish, the animal can not fix. Up to us. 

Not every TV member married a sex worker...in fact probably the minority did....unless there is education....and that includes the old, Thais will still litter and pump excrement into the ocean. Foreigners put rubbish in bins etc....its a shame that some where that was so beautiful only 30 years ago is now the cesspit it is.a simple but true example of a soi I lived in all foreigners, clean and tidy...one Thai women built a house and thats it....rubbish everywhere, 9 dogs <deleted>ting everywhere and barking....the truth may hurt but Thais just do not comprehend tidiness and clenliness

Archived