Pattaya: Locals sell their houses after being driven away by trash

webfact

6 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Couldn't the residents join together, a few 100 Baht each, to solve the issue? Surely wouldn't be that difficult to find someone to remove the trash for cash. Where they eventually will deposit the garbage is another issue...

If most of the residents are Thais i do not see how you can find a way to

collect a few bahts from them if they are not forced to do it by the police or even the army.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, billd766 said:

Ours come once a week and take everything, It costs me 30 baht a week and is well worth the price.

I sort out the empty glass bottle etc and IF the salvage guy comes around he buys them. If he doesn't then I put them out for the trash men and they can make a few baht on them.

Gosh

I had never thought of that - we always seem to have bags of bottles , coke cans etc. 
Everyone is feeling the pinch a bit with inflation, currency exchange etc - what sort of income stream do you manage selling the recycling? 

5 hours ago, Yinn said:

I blame the community. The people who live there. Up to them. 

Who live Pattaya?

Mostly of the people living in Pattaya all year long are thais.

Most of the foreigners are tourists on a short holiday trip.

So you are (Again) trying to defend the undefendable

trying to put the bad behaviour of some thais people

on the shoulders of the foreigners

it's bad Yinn, very bad to act like that

because you prove again thai people are unable to take 

responsability for their own acts, always blaming someone or

something else.

3 hours ago, Yinn said:

I read on TVF “Thais stupid, dirty” everyday. Talk about me.

should say “some Thais” like some farang.

This OP about pattaya, famous farang and sex worker city. 

Is not my life, not my city.

this where I live, not same Pattaya, cleaner than farang country place in #48.

Just because you say something, not mean you right, I wrong. 

I post this already. All “Thais” not the same. If you live  sex tourist and sex worker city, I think it will be dirty. Is not thailand, just one place. 

Different community is different. Thai people not all same each other!

opposite pattaya

F56C389A-264C-45B4-A005-2F8BEA111AF4.jpeg

9FC4D9EB-EBE9-4CAB-95A5-48F6AE5477C3.jpeg

73EBEDEC-11C8-420A-B216-12A87124F9DD.jpeg

BA5F9F3C-7441-474D-A156-EF914445CF1D.jpeg

FCAF8736-4B59-4B86-98CD-E13E800149D0.jpeg

CD9B9147-532F-4277-977E-8E1765F4AB1B.jpeg

4E8F52EA-9539-48F6-A84D-00CCF532825B.jpeg

479A593A-42AD-4BC8-8247-8CCB876A007A.jpeg

4E5E2664-3899-40AD-A8ED-2EC61E8E3559.jpeg

6F56648D-B6EC-4B34-A2DB-3F618DCDC355.jpeg

B72E71E8-2AD5-4B88-914B-1E762DC826B1.jpeg

E6AC853B-6DDC-44FB-887A-66ED880EF428.jpeg

You need to clean your fingernails dude

3 hours ago, Yinn said:

I post this already. All “Thais” not the same. If you live  sex tourist and sex worker city, I think it will be dirty. Is not thailand, just one place. 

opposite pattaya

anyone can go out and take pics to suit the needs of their comment. you have selective pics here that do not represent reality at all.

check out this thread from a little while ago....

i bet i could ride down to ranong and within 15 minutes have dozens of pics showing the reality.

your jedi powers are strong yinn i'll give you that.

ps...the pic with the red bin....there is a bunch of trash sitting on the ground around it. maybe not the best pic to post when trying to troll people.

i wonder what this world would be like if every individual was responsible for their own trash.

all humans do it regardless of where they are. check out canada my home for example. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canadians-produce-more-garbage-than-anyone-else-1.1394020

5 hours ago, sillyfool said:

you are really cherry picking on this one yinn. 

are you seriously going to post pics on here and talk about the garbage issue in this country ?  you are swimming upstream and are totally ignorant or a complete troll.

so what about the thai community ? why are they not working together ? up to them right ? 

points to you for such a jedi level troll post. others here have proposed good ideas and thoughts on the matter. 

you come in storming blaming the foreigner. a common tone in your posts. 

+1

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Ok, but not be angry me please.

1) education. 

Must educate the kid. Old people difficult to change. Same old people not understand/belief climate change.

I agree a lot of thailand dirty. Annoying me also. 

Usually is terrible in low class/wage/education area.

i think a lot a farang marry/girlfriend the sex worker. So live in sex area like pattaya with low education people. 

Then they live with them in the low area village with the sex worker family from. This sex worker usually come from poverty area. So is dirty place.

The Photo I show #48, in farang country, I sure it low class/education/wage area. Same.

The poster above say “he never met thai who not dirty”. He marry a sex worker. Show her home. He not see different. 

Bangkok is dirty because to big. But small place is up to the community.

my area educate a lot. It really helping. Really.

you “seriously” ask me. I tell you “seriously” IMO.

Sorry to member who marry/girlfriend the sex worker. I just answer true IMO. 

Not be angry me please. 

Same I not angry you guy say about me “never met thai not dirty” 

Some member say there area/village is clean. Nobody argue them. Only argue Yinn. I belief them. Is true. Up to the place.

Education and community work together is my answer.

i want that. Sure.

l not really care about human. But I love nature and animal. Human make the rubbish, the animal can not fix. Up to us. 

Oh Dear...when you talk of education, maybe you should educate yourself because clearly you lack clarity and understanding in your thoughts. Most foreign men do not marry sex workers and not all sex workers are of low education - Line / FB is full of University students offering themselves to....Thai men - and they are not looking for extra tuition, rather extra money to pay for their tuition and yep one day they will marry, so statistically speaking they will most likely marry a Thai man. Now that narrative probably doesn't fit your narrow vision of what a sex worker is. You prefer the stereotypical vision which does not require much thought to understand, and that is the problem you face here Yimm. You use your offensive stereotypes of foreign people, to push back against the equally incorrect stereotypes that many TVF members have of Thai people. 

Most sex work is carried out in Thailand by Thai people, for Thai people. Most Thai people marry Thai people. I believe this is factual. Would you disagree? 

What many members do not understand is that rubbish collection is a relatively new concept. Most rural villages dispose of their own rubbish any way they can and when they move to cities that tradition is taken with them. 

#48 is Italy (City of Naples)- when the garbage collectors when on strike for about 3 months. Again nothing to do with level of education. 

Rather than talking around the problem - people should be offering solutions. But in any moo-baan getting the owners to agree to a sustainable solution is a very difficult task..as invariably everyone wants to be right. 

13 minutes ago, Creasy said:

You need to clean your fingernails dude

10 minutes ago, sillyfool said:

good catch on that one. those do not look like female fingers at all. 

I probably clean rubbish that day. Not same you guys stay inside play computer.

you want to say I have man hand because I not paint the nail like a bargirl?

sorry, long one, not my style.

64BCC153-28C5-4BFB-A926-345A374B05D4.jpeg

58 minutes ago, Cobby said:

no one takes any responsibility 

its again the fault of the government 

the residents of this area can see the bins are full but instead of taking it to the council tip

just keep dumping it

Yes government responsibility.

Please do  let us all know where the Pattaya local tip is located.

6 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

I think that I would want to move out as well

That is absolutely attrocious

well understandable BUT who wants to move into such a place... ?????

trash freaks...???

2.) which thai w. money loves a second hand building ...???

I dont know many...

which thai w. money likes to buy a second hand building opposite  a pile of trash...??

I dont know any...

which falang loves second hand buildings ..well more cause they also into well used  second hand women..

next to a pile of trash...???

answer if it is dirt cheap 200/300 k bhat..maybe a few....???

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Also the only Thai that can't recognise 'houses from the king' and can't seem to read or write Thai.

Makes you wonder?

Uhmm, possibly born and living abroad for long time ?

Well, it wouldn't surprise me too much if she was a "ghost writer" :coffee1:

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I live near Chiang Mai.

San Sai Amphur collect my trash for 80bht/month.

Great service, they collect everything you leave by the bin, no complaints over the 6 years they've been collecting.

This story is fake news, it's about poor Thai people in the poorest subsidised city housing estate not paying their monthly refuse collection bills. Nobody works for free, if they don't pay, it won't be collected.

2 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

I am living in a small moo baan in Chiang Mai. Once a week they pic up the garbage, the gardeners walk around every day to clean and I put all paper, plastic and metal garbage in an extra bag and give it to the gardener, who brings it to a recycling station and makes some extra money. 

1 hour ago, ChrisKC said:

Our binmen come three times a week, take everything and we pay B240 per year

55 minutes ago, Millcx said:

Spoiled on Samui coz they collect Mon-Sat at our road ... the council have it sussed perfectly

So, some area is very good, some area is bad.

i say that, everyone attack me for all the thailand problem. Other member say it, no problem. 

I think no memeber TVF born in Pattaya. They CHOOSE to live there. And then complain??? And think everywhere thailand same Pattaya!!!! 

They could

1) move somewhere

2) go and fix the problem. Clean it.

But easy to complain to Yinn. Is not my problem, is your problem. My place clean.

3 hours ago, Yinn said:

opposite pattaya

Looks wonderful! But apart from one photo - where are all the PEOPLE? Maybe the "No Smoking" and "No Drinking" and "No Littering" signs are a bit off putting for people wanting to enjoy themselves? And it's the first time I've seen a sign saying that you can not even BRING polystyrene boxes into the area!  in one pic I see 2 wheelie bins about 10 metres apart - excellent idea, but where I live you would be lucky to see one, because the Council have taken them all away!! (Possibly these green ones are privately owned/bought?)

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

and Yinn, please note how clean the street and sidewalks are. Not one piece of trash anywhere.

Two more points:

In jacksonville, florida where I live when not in LOS the housing association ines people who leave their rubbish bins out after the rubbish has been taken, so there is no visible rubbish and no visible bins

It is up to the community in Doi Saket near Chieng Mai there is one community in particuar where the roads and sois are spotless whereas on the other side of the main road there is rubbish and a general look of unkeptness.  So it is possible to have a clean community in Thailand.  Whether that the village is predominantly Thai Yai makes a difference I do not know.

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

This is what happens when 4,000 residents in 1,280 houses say 'This is not my problem' instead to get together and find a working solution they''d rather sell out and let someone else deal with it...

Shhhhhht don't make them smart let them sell at low prices and the people who buy just be smart put some money together , i think for a few 1000 baht you can let the garbage truck and it's people make it shine and they will even fimd a way to make it smell good ????

49 minutes ago, KenKadz said:

Curious? Who is responsible for trash collection and contracting the services?

Local Government - House Owner - Estate Management Company - Rubbish Collection Company

Or is it different at every location, everywhere in Thailand?

Good questions... These problems around Pattaya seems to happen mainly to said "villages" (more or less private groups of houses) so one can wonder how (and which quantity) the money paid by owners to the village management for cleaning really arrive to the city's services in charge of this service.

In the case of this article, it happens in the "dark side" of Pattaya, far from the city center and touristic areas, and in a location occupied mainly by such villages... See there on GoogleMaps.

5 hours ago, impulse said:

The problem with that is the way Thailand's government has been so diligent to make sure that foreigners have no voice and no power to do anything about it.  Even if they wanted to, there's not a thing they can do legally.  Keep in mind they can not have majority say when they are only allowed to own 49% of the projects.

My English sister lived in Spain and was allowed to vote in local elections, on such matters as rubbish collection. In Thailand it must by law be left entirely to the Thais, and those photos reveal the consequences of that. They simply don't care and will dump their (Thai) rubbish anywhere.

Archived