Travel Visa

When you come into Thailand on the 30 day travel Visa. How many times can you go out and get a stamp and come back? My last trip I came for 31 days. I asked the person in immigration when I came in if I needed to go out and get a stamp and they said as long as i did not overstay more then 24 hours I would be fine. When I tried to come home they counted the day I came in and said I had overstayed 2 days and made me pay the fine. Not a big deal but did concern me a bit. I am just curious how many times you can travel out and come back before they will fine you or make you leave and ban you from the country. I have many questions coming up since I will be coming soon. I truly appreciate all input from everyone here.

Kind Regards,

Joe Malik

It is unwise to make extensive use of visa exempt entries (the correct term) if planning to spend significant time in Thailand Overstays are also to be avoided. When you do decide to enter visa exempt,

• currently, twice per calendar year, you can safely enter at a land crossing (but avoid the crossing at Aran/Poipet);
  • when you enter by air, whether they will give you a visa exempt entry is at the discretion of the immigration official. If the official judges that you are using visa exempt entries as a way of spending extended periods in Thailand, a denied entry is very possible. In that case, the airline that flew you to Thailand will fly you out, most often either to where you just came from or back to your home country.

day of arrival is always day 1, avoid overstays by all means, even if it means paying 1,900 baht for a 30 day extension. i would get a tourist visa in your home country, save the visa exempt entries for local border hops. to get accurate advice a full entry and exit timetable of your Thailand visits is required