Don't get too close to your cat - Toxoplasmosis warning!

webfact

3 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Yeah get a stinking dog that licks other dogs bum holes, eats poo and then licks your face. Nothing more disgusting than a dog.

You forgot to mention they specifically eat cat poo, because cats process protein very inefficiently. Perhaps that's why cats feel superior.

Anyway, I like both species.

3 minutes ago, Beggar said:
2 hours ago, briansbiology said:

"and in women causes stronger sexual appetite and makes them slightly smarter." 

Sadly I don't have cats or dogs... our 

if you instead had a pet rat; you would be in for an even worse health scare than the cat - if you spooked it, and it runs up within your trouser... and pee on your skin!

7 hours ago, briansbiology said:

I <deleted> YOU NOT! 

I am a microbiologist and this parasite lives half its life in cats the other half in rats. to get from the cat to the rat is easy as rats encounter cat poop but to get from the rat to the cat the cat needs to eat the rat. to make this more likely it enters the rat's brain and changes its behaviors so that is sexually attracted to cats.  there is a theory that in humans it also enters the brain and changes the behaviour. In men makes them a little more stupid and prone to violent out bursts and in women causes stronger sexual appetite and makes them slightly smarter. 

I know people will think is a joke so see here:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2526142/

Countries like Thailand and Brazil have high incidences and its effect on human behaviour correlate well with human behaviour in these countries.

There was an old woman who swallowed a fly......la la la.

Give it up mate.  There is science and then there is reality.

Humans like pets it's as simple as that.

Lets have a poll.

Who knows anyone who has ever had toxiplastiwhatsitsface. Apart from the poster who is apparently friendly with goats?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Lets have a poll.

Who knows anyone who has ever had toxiplastiwhatsitsface. Apart from the poster who is apparently friendly with goats?

The cockroaches Popular Front has had a high level meeting about this subject, and decided we will not take sides in this discussion, since cats, dogs, flies, goats, humans (particularly goat lovers) are all equally revolting creatures.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Lets have a poll.

are you ok? you might be immune to any brain based pathogen. 

Cat scratch fever can be terrible, even deadly. A colleague of mine rescued a kitten. It died ofvsone kind of feline flue or distemper but not before scratching him. He nearly died and ended up in hospital for weeks. interestingly enough recent studies are indicating, when infected in childhood, it can lead to violence, mental instability and aggression in adults.

21 hours ago, taichiplanet said:

hate to the bearer of bad news, but dogs can cause similar problems

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/toxocariasis/

Anyway, cats are much more fun. Dogs are like owning a Merc or Jag sedan while having a cat is like owning a Ferrari; you never know when it is going to break down or go wild on you!

Though, i like both. Dogs/Cats, Jags/Ferraris. ????

or get the crazies, so much fun

On 11/5/2019 at 11:16 AM, Dumbastheycome said:

I live to disagree ! In my mid  twenties I contracted this from goats. The fever and the  fatigue laid me low for 3 weeks. Zombied !

There is a potential insidious side in the long term which affirms the wisdom of avoiding acute infection.

Should have left those goats alone lol ????

On 11/5/2019 at 6:20 AM, overherebc said:

Yep. Guide dogs for the blind are the most disgusting useless things on the planet eh???????

Please don't use guide dogs - who actually provide a service and have a "job" - as an excuse for all the disgusting useless pets that people own and introduce into society without any regards for the rules and laws...

I mean, what's the ratio between the useless pets and soi dogs on one hand and the useful guide dogs and rescue dogs on the other hand?