Where to get a wrist-brace?

Crossy

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Don't panic guys, it's RSI/carpal tunnel due to too much mouse activities.

I guess you have tried using a wireless ergonomic mouse like the Logitech MX Master 2S? They really are good.

Earlier this year I was working with a Norwegian engineer who suffered from a similar problem, and he was using a fancy vertical wireless ergonomic mouse but I have not seen any in Thailand. 

I tried it out... and I must say that the less hand rotation when using the vertical mouse resulted in significantly less muscle strain.

Might be worth researching and sourcing from an overseas supplier?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Most pharmacies carry them, easy to find

Lazada also has them

Worn at night they do help but in my experience most people end up needing surgery. I did.

• Like 1

I don't seem to get on with the "ergonomic" rodents, I think my paws are the wrong shape (I have very long fingers).

@Sheryl I'm really trying to avoid having surgery if at all possible, it's only really flared up badly over the last week or so. Hopefully getting a bit of support will fix. 

7 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Most pharmacies carry them, easy to find

Lazada also has them

Worn at night they do help but in my experience most people end up needing surgery. I did.

They might help for a short time. The next step is cortisone injections; however, most doctors will only give two or three before saying enough, because cortisone damages the nerve tissue.

I've had the surgery on both hands. Be quiet Colin. Twenty years ago. The good news is as long as the rehab after the operation is done conscientiously, carpal tunnel won't trouble you again.

44 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Look out.  Those mice will make you go blind...

I tried one of these and liked it so much that I bought one for each of the employees in my group at work.  Made a huge difference in my shoulder pain.  Not sure about wrist pain.  They have the same design in wireless for a few baht more.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/the-honest-store-vertical-mouse-ergonomic-mouse-vtm202-ai-i140616117-s161520013.html

Sorted thanks everyone.

Boots in Central Lat Phrao, more by luck than judgement as mall directories seem to be a thing of the past, I couldn't make head or tail of the online version.

Some interesting ideas on rodents as well, thanks, I'll be looking into them too.