Tcm Hospital

fognsnow

Surprised nobody has posted this important information yet....

Hua Chiew Hospital is a fifteen minute walk north north from Hualampong Station. TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) doctors, herbs, massage, acupuncture. I get a course of treatment whenever I pass through BKK. No nonsense. Reasonable price. One of the acupuncturists is a professor from Shanghai. English only is a problem though. Go with a translator. You can boil herbs yourself if you buy a concoctor (the hospital sells them at market price). Or the hospital will boil them up and you keep them in a fridge at your guesthouse. Heat the plastic packets up morning and night. If you are vegetarian do mention it or you make get various medicinal animal products

I love the aroma and taste of bitter Chinese herbs!

On the plus side, no superstitions (some TCM practitioners seem to mix up classical medicine with folklore) . On the downside, their aggenda seems to be selling products and services but not education. Unlike in China, they offer no courses or classes in lifestyle changes or exercise. Not a single doctor recommended even the most rudimentary self-help taoist exercise. Seems this Chinese-Thai hospital caters to people who want to pop pills but not do tai chi etc. By contrast the Shanghai hospital, where my acupuncturist taught, has an entire department dedicated to 'inner kung <deleted>'.

There is a Chinese-Thai guy in Chiang Mai (Mantak Chia) who has published many books, and seems to be a 'maharishi' of taoist meditation. $$

Surprised nobody has posted this important information yet....

Hua Chiew Hospital is a fifteen minute walk north north from Hualampong Station. TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) doctors, herbs, massage, acupuncture. I get a course of treatment whenever I pass through BKK. No nonsense. Reasonable price. One of the acupuncturists is a professor from Shanghai. English only is a problem though. Go with a translator. You can boil herbs yourself if you buy a concoctor (the hospital sells them at market price). Or the hospital will boil them up and you keep them in a fridge at your guesthouse. Heat the plastic packets up morning and night. If you are vegetarian do mention it or you make get various medicinal animal products

I love the aroma and taste of bitter Chinese herbs!

On the plus side, no superstitions (some TCM practitioners seem to mix up classical medicine with folklore) . On the downside, their aggenda seems to be selling products and services but not education. Unlike in China, they offer no courses or classes in lifestyle changes or exercise. Not a single doctor recommended even the most rudimentary self-help taoist exercise. Seems this Chinese-Thai hospital caters to people who want to pop pills but not do tai chi etc. By contrast the Shanghai hospital, where my acupuncturist taught, has an entire department dedicated to 'inner kung <deleted>'.

There is a Chinese-Thai guy in Chiang Mai (Mantak Chia) who has published many books, and seems to be a 'maharishi' of taoist meditation. $$

Thahks for that. I was wondering where all the serious chinese medicine outlets were given the large chines population here.I wonder if there is a list or directory of acupuncturists anywhere?