"Please lock him up for a long time" - Ya Ba son captured after trying to incinerate dad

rooster59

"Please lock him up for a long time" - Ya Ba son captured after trying to incinerate dad

p1.JPG

Image: Daily News

Daily News reported that a man who had set fire to his father's house in an effort to kill him was now in custody.

A relative has said he is an out of control Ya Ba addict who needs to be locked up for a very long time. 

A bungalow in the Sri Thep district of Petchabun had burned to the ground. It took firefighters two hours to get the blaze under control. 

Fortunately Sangwan Suansorn, 64, managed to escape the inferno. 

He pointed the finger of blame at his son Somyot, 36, who he said had tried to burn him to death. 

p2.JPG

Sri Thep police took Somyot into custody yesterday after he went to a neighbor asking for food saying:

"Is my father dead yet?"

Sangwan told investigators that his son had come home and kicked over a pot and stove while he was preparing fish for dinner. He said that his son said he was going to kill him by slashing his neck with a knife.

He went for a kitchen knife but only succeeded in grazing his father's stomach area as the pair struggled.

The son fled to a neighbor's house but then came back, locked the door and set fire to the house in several spots.

Jeajan, 40, the suspect's elder sister-in-law said Somyot is a menace to relatives and locals alike. He is a Ya Ba addict who had previously tried to burn down the house. 

He only failed on that occasion because a cigarette lighter was out of fuel, she claimed. 

She begged the authorities to lock him away for a very long time to protect everyone from him. 

Police accompanied him for medical checks before proceeding with prosecution. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-09

If things happen in threes then I await the third event as two days ago my stepson wanted to set fire to our place fortunately we were out of benzine and diesel at the time so he jumped on the tractor and ran down a gate post before being carted off by the constabulary to spend 45 days in the clink and then 3 months in Ubon mental hospital again which will be about his 5th or 6th visit.

2 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

If things happen in threes then I await the third event as two days ago my stepson wanted to set fire to our place fortunately we were out of benzine and diesel at the time so he jumped on the tractor and ran down a gate post before being carted off by the constabulary to spend 45 days in the clink and then 3 months in Ubon mental hospital again which will be about his 5th or 6th visit.

What a feasty guy. At least your life is not boring. ????

6 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I'd have a hole ready in the garden for him!

Just now, FarFlungFalang said:

Don't worry there have been plenty of like minded suggestions and my wife has told me this solution has been used more than once by others.

yeah, all joking aside i think it's a good option before a loved one gets hurt.

2 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

yeah, all joking aside i think it's a good option before a loved one gets hurt.

Mum's even asked the doctors at the hospital if they can give him an injection but of course they can't so we have to wait and see what happens.When I bought some land in Oz in a one cop town, one month before we got there the cop answered the door and was shot in the chest and killed by his son. 

2 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Mum's even asked the doctors at the hospital if they can give him an injection but of course they can't so we have to wait and see what happens.When I bought some land in Oz in a one cop town, one month before we got there the cop answered the door and was shot in the chest and killed by his son. 

it's a crazy world.

hope it works out for you.

8 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

thanks for shedding light on your tvf name

18 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Terrible for all concerned, and a continuing threat to you and community. Does he receive therapy while in the facility and community follow-up on discharge?

7 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I'm sure his wish will be granted, however I'd rebuild the family home elsewhere without giving the new address to the son . He can fend for himself when finally released.

Thanks for the suggestion which I've stronly urged the missus to do but for whatever reason she refuses to give up hope on son's recuperation I guess.I think another problem is I think she has signed documents that make her legally responsible for his care each time he gets released.

10 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Terrible for all concerned, and a continuing threat to you and community. Does he receive therapy while in the facility and community follow-up on discharge?

Yes he receives good treatment in the hospital in he is fine when he is released until the drinking starts then refusal to take his medication then the yaba seems to kick off an episode then it's back through the revolving door.If we left he would just latch onto another family member then they would have to endure the same thing which I think is the biggest factor in why the missus won't leave.

2 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Yes he receives good treatment in the hospital in he is fine when he is released until the drinking starts then refusal to take his medication then the yaba seems to kick off an episode then it's back through the revolving door.If we left he would just latch onto another family member then they would have to endure the same thing which I think is the biggest factor in why the missus won't leave.

I am unsure if Thailand has "substance " support groups or community mental health services, for people living with addictions and wanting to remain abstinent or controlled intake.

I wish you and your family a safe future

I've mentioned this before. Back in the mid 80's while staying in a small village near Khon Kaen I was told of a family who were having similar problems with an out of control drug addicted son. Apparently robbing villagers at random and generally bringing shame on the family.

The father told the police to get rid of him. From what I was told the addict son was taken to a quiet area of bush and offered a rope or to be shot. He hung himself.

2 minutes ago, Farma said:

I've mentioned this before. Back in the mid 80's while staying in a small village near Khon Kaen I was told of a family who were having similar problems with an out of control drug addicted son. Apparently robbing villagers at random and generally bringing shame on the family.

The father told the police to get rid of him. From what I was told the addict son was taken to a quiet area of bush and offered a rope or to be shot. He hung himself.

waste of a bullet, ropes cheaper

56 minutes ago, Farma said:

Truly a sad tale.Fortunately we have they option of calling the police who have responded with gratifying efficiency to help with our son.I've never minded paying travelling tax to the occasional police check stop as I have several friends who became cops and have come to appreciate what a difficult job it can be for most of them,like the job you described,I can't imagine what it would have been like to perform a task like that.

Smacks of medieval attitude to drug addiction and mental health. A more compassionate method would be to keep him in a secure mental hospital to receive proper treatment for as long as it takes, maybe forever. Giving a choice of a rope or a bullet is not fair for someone this sick.

13 minutes ago, Classic Ray said:

Smacks of medieval attitude to drug addiction and mental health. A more compassionate method would be to keep him in a secure mental hospital to receive proper treatment for as long as it takes, maybe forever. Giving a choice of a rope or a bullet is not fair for someone this sick.

Unfortunately for us the mental health facilities are overburdened with patients so three months is all we get and the same goes with prisons so society finds itself trying to balance the protection of the patient and the safety of the community and in countries like Thailand priorities don't seem to lie in protecting the community as can be clearly seen in the amount of road fatalities with a recent report of 400,000 deaths on Thai roads in the last decade.The authorities will accept this but they won't accepted a single death if a person wears a police uniform,unless in special circumstances.

Yes, to both of the above posts.

Sadly, I think too many people view drug addicts as bad, when most of the time the drugs change their brain chemistry, reasoning & judgement. I'm not excusing the behaviour, but they need proper medical & psychological assistance.

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I'm sure his wish will be granted, however I'd rebuild the family home elsewhere without giving the new address to the son . He can fend for himself when finally released.

Of course would the government build a house for him. Maybe not. 

23 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Of course would the government build a house for him. Maybe not. 

I would build a house for him and in fact we have several buildings on our various plots of land the problem is he is afraid to sleep there he hears voices and don't forget the numerous ghosts that wander unrestrained.He is unable/refuses to work or make any contribution to his own welfare which is not an issue the only issue is his tantrums/episodes.

As someone who professes to enjoy a challenge this is a particularly challenging challenge and is challenging my ability to enjoy this particularly challenging challenge. 

3 hours ago, Farma said:

That is called extra judicial killing. The same as Duarte condones in Philippines, disgusting.

Archived