Short Term Medical Insurance 30-60 days

dailyoliver

Hello.

I am wondering if anyone can help me? I purchased travel insurance from Canada for 30 days. I have since decided to stay another 30 days - but cannot buy travel insurance out of the county. It is also unknown at this stage if they (the original insurer) will extend my policy. I find this ridiculous, but there you go.

My main concern is short term medical emergency, or hospitalisation. 

Q. Does anyone know of a short-term health insurance provider that I can buy coverage inside Thailand? 

I just need a policy that will come in effect on purchase that would cover me for medical expenses for up to 30 days.

I am 46.

Thank you.

Daily Oliver.

BC Canada 

Thank you - I did check World Nomads but the reviews were terrible. I looks like a fake insurance company that has used the marketing reach of "paid affiliates" bloggers to reach customers. 

They seem to create a false sense of security by charging a high premium. Hundreds of people have never been able to settle a claim, and in most cases are just ignored or cannot reach them.  

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/worldnomads.com

I will call my original insurer, but may need o find something locally here in TH. If you ave any ideas? 

Thank you. D/O

• Thanks 1

It is not a fake site, it is a legitimate company, been around for years. 

Pretty much any company, the online reviews you will find will be bad as people only post when they have a complaint.

Most local Thai travel policies would be for Thais going abroad. AETNA Thailand does have a plan for short term stays in Thailand and that is the only thing that comes to mind that might fit your situation - I know it is for stays of less than 6 months but I don't know if you can get as little as 30 days.

https://www.aetna.co.th/en/individuals/health-insurance/individual/detail.aspx?iid=5

• 3 months later...