The Thai PoPo are OK in my book...

Nyezhov

19 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

That's what they do...all nice and cozy in their station.... That's hardly going above and beyond

As anywhere else, as experience from a London bar brawl that was mise-en-scene about 45 years ago has taught me.

In any case, they know where to find the owner in case the bag (partly emptied or not) is found and brought in.

40 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

The last time I heard PoPo was when my little sister was being toilet trained 60 years ago.

Careful now. The OP is red hot on traumatic toilet training. I think he's got PTSD in scatology - maybe something to do with getting stuck on a toilet seat in Alaska.

On 11/12/2019 at 8:32 AM, Andrew Dwyer said:

I got tired of checking my , phone, wallet, car keys etc were still there when in a market, mall or just a busy area so succumbed and bought myself a man bag .

Wallet, phone, reading glasses, car key, house key, loose change and key for car steering lock are all in my bag in front of me.

Don’t know how I managed without it or managed to keep my kets up with all that extra weight !!

Hey , I might look a <deleted> , but you get used to it after a while !!

Same here. 
Strangely I wear it all the time when out in Thailand containing similar to yourself, think nothing of it. 
As a matter of habit I was still wearing it on my first nights return to UK as checked into a Hotel and popped to a local bar. Within a few minutes a an elderly gent made a comment to his mate whilst staring at me along the lines of “look out there’s a poof behind you “

Welcome home. 

On 11/12/2019 at 7:59 AM, Puchaiyank said:

I curiously watch the Thai police in act ion on a daily basis...Thai TV news follows them around.

What impresses me is their seemingly calm demeanor and patience with the bad actors they have to subdue and apprehend...

In my home country the police are quick to draw weapons and discharge them without serious provocation...

Even after an arrest by Thai police...they can be seen sitting calmly out in the open for all to see...talking more like a father would to a son that was having a bad day...

I know we polk fun at them about their road stops and tea money...but overall, they do a very good job...IMHO.

Mind you...I am not including immigration police in my praise!!!

Puchaiyank,

Thank you for your last line quote “Mind you...I am not including immigration police in my praise!!!” I thought for one moment you had lost it.

On 11/12/2019 at 9:00 AM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Correct me if I'm wrong... but I think all the police did for the OP was take a written report.... That's what they do...all nice and cozy in their station.... That's hardly going above and beyond.

But if the OP felt warm and fuzzy about the encounter, congratulations!

There didn't appear to be any demands for brown envelopes, so that saved

him a trip to the stationary shop.

Archived