Can i add thai bank account to my US paypal?

I thought that it would be necessary to get a Thai (Singapore) based PayPal account, which I did link to my Bangkok Bank Account but over the years have used is sparingly, since most vendors want a US PayPal payment, which will be in dollars

That being said, I have had little on no need to use it to pay Thai vendors

21 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

I thought that it would be necessary to get a Thai (Singapore) based PayPal account, which I did link to my Bangkok Bank Account but over the years have used is sparingly, since most vendors want a US PayPal payment, which will be in dollars

That being said, I have had little on no need to use it to pay Thai vendors

I have a Thai PayPal account and have there as currencies Euro and USD. There is no problem to pay with these currencies. 

16 minutes ago, Beggar said:

I have a Thai PayPal account and have there as currencies Euro and USD. There is no problem to pay with these currencies. 

Are you claiming that a Thai Bank allows you to pull foreign currency out of your Thai Bank to fund your PayPal in dollars or Euros ?

14 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

Are you claiming that a Thai Bank allows you to pull foreign currency out of your Thai Bank to fund your PayPal in dollars or Euros ?

No. I lived in Europe and in the US. Since I left these countries and had no residence there anymore PayPal wanted to restrict my access to my funds there (but not close the accounts). Therefore I opened a PayPal account in Thailand and moved my Euros and USD there. So now I pay in Euros or USD when I buy something.

I could transfer money to these accounts from my Euro and USD accounts outside of Thailand. The Thai PayPal account is linked for verification to one of my Thai Baht accounts.

9 hours ago, Pravda said:

No. You need Thai PayPal account. 

8 hours ago, Matzzon said:

As already stated that is not allowed.

What is not allowed?  A PayPal account linked to a Thai bank credit card?

Where is it already stated?

8 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

Why not?
What do you mean "pull foreign currency out of your Thai Bank"?  There is Thai Baht in the bank account, the PayPal transaction requests US$ or whatever, the bank does a foreign exchange conversion to transfer US$ to the seller account.  ...Which is what I have done for years, except in another country.

1 hour ago, Cat ji said:

What is not allowed?  A PayPal account linked to a Thai bank credit card?

Where is it already stated?

You are not allowed to have a US Paypal account and withdraw money to a Thai bank account. For withdraw money from Paypal to a Thai bank account you must have a Paypal account registered in Thailand. It´s their security rules that is kicking in.

When a wrote already stated, I meant same as another poster wrote before me.

However, If you want more clarity on why, then I suggest you contact Paypal support and get the same answer. They can probably answer you why too, because it their rules.

20 hours ago, Matzzon said:

You are not allowed to have a US Paypal account and withdraw money to a Thai bank account. For withdraw money from Paypal to a Thai bank account you must have a Paypal account registered in Thailand. It´s their security rules that is kicking in.

When a wrote already stated, I meant same as another poster wrote before me.

However, If you want more clarity on why, then I suggest you contact Paypal support and get the same answer. They can probably answer you why too, because it their rules.

I thought that was clear enough.

• Haha 1

Simple answer, no, the verification process is not the same with Thai banks, they don’t have the facility to add a code that when that appears on your statement when they transfer a small amount of money. This code is used to verify your account, instead you need to send a copy of your bank statement and passport (I used to get paid via PayPal and I never did this until I reached a threashold and they locked my account)

I am the same as another poster, I have an account that is still functioning in the UK, although I never use it, and also a Thai account - but the two can’t be linked. When you get here, you can call the local helpline which emerges in A KL call centre. The staff are really efficient and can explain all. Last time I called they gave me $10 as a xmas bonus. 

• Haha 1

Thai Pay Pal does NOT allow you to purchase online unless you have linked a credit card or debit card to the account. If you only link your Thai bank account you can transfer funds from your Thai PayPal to your Thai bank account but you CANNOT move funds from your Thai bank account to your Thai PayPal account. This is a restriction imposed by PayPal in SIngapore NOT the Thai banking system.  Additionally, this is a topic that has been discussed on TV almost as often as TM30 etc. I suggest the administrators close this thread.

do not listen to the rubbish on here as most of them know nothing . I have a uk paypal account but have also added my bangkok bank be first mastercard to it along with my uk visa card and also have added my thai address to the account so when i buy something using paypal , like ebay etc i can use either card and have the item delivered to either address but the uk address is still my official billing address . Have been doing it for 10 years no problem . I never ever give my card details on the internet so only pay with paypal , bank transfer or COD ./

The rubbish is due to the fact that over the years PayPal has changed their policies many times, so therefore the OP is getting conflicting information from posters based upon their experiences

One of the worst aspects of Thai Visa is that respondents like to attack the messenger if they don't agree with what they said. Or try and sharp shoot what is said, or pick apart every word or sentence 

People come here to share their experiences, no one comes here to purposefully lie or give wrong information , so stop shooting the messengers or there will be no more messengers and you can learn on you own 

22 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

The rubbish is due to the fact that over the years PayPal has changed their policies many times, so therefore the OP is getting conflicting information from posters based upon their experiences

One of the worst aspects of Thai Visa is that respondents like to attack the messenger if they don't agree with what they said. Or try and sharp shoot what is said, or pick apart every word or sentence 

People come here to share their experiences, no one comes here to purposefully lie or give wrong information , so stop shooting the messengers or there will be no more messengers and you can learn on you own 

No. You need Thai PayPal account. 

As already stated that is not allowed.

These are 2 of the first answers on this topic . They are rubbish . I have had a paypal since 2002 and have had paypal uk linked to my thai bank account since 2006 so no policy changes since then so they must be talking about pre 2006 so is not relevant . They are just posting what they think and not what they know ! Pypal will link you accounts and let you use a thai card with them but i do not know about using your actual account to put paypal money in as i have never tried it . See i do not know that so i do not guess i tell you what i do know for a fact . I just opened paypal thailand and logged in no problem using my uk payal account registration so i do not actualy see a paypal thailand .
All i am saying if you do not know for a fact do not post misleading info