Saraburi school director criticized for making students prostrate themselves before him

webfact

Saraburi school director criticized for making students prostrate themselves before him

BRpLwT0TYaGXOF4tXhaNNFXAEifo9pONZSYWOzQV

The outgoing director of a well-known public school in Thailand’s central province of Saraburi has come under heavy criticism on social media for holding a farewell ceremony in which students were made to prostrate themselves in front of him.

The ceremony took place on November 8th at the Khaeng Khoi School during a send-off for its director Mr. Natthanan Danupitak, who has been appointed the director of Saraburi Wittayakhom School. Several pictures of the ceremony were posted on social media, drawing widespread criticism, before they were removed.

One picture shows Mr. Natthanan seated on a chair in front of the flag pole and a student representative is seen lying prostrate before him after presenting him with a garland. Another picture shows the director, accompanied by school executives, walking past lines of students, some holding flags and others holding trays of garlands, as if he is inspecting a guard of honour. The other picture shows students lying prostrate in the front yard of the school.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/saraburi-school-director-criticized-for-making-students-prostrate-themselves-before-him/

thaipbs.jpg
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

Things are different here, ya think?

Just another important "life skill"....

We had gym teachers back in US that would tell us "Drop and give me five"... pushups make you prostate, er, prostrate.... Amazing Thailand

17 hours ago, keith101 said:

He obviously has an extremely high opinion of himself and he is just the director of a public school and nothing else not worthy of the students prostrating themselves IMO .

I'm thinking if he were the ... PM, he still wouldn't be worthy of anyone prostrating themselves in front of :glare:

Edited by Dap
  • Like 1

I was just wondering why Thais dont do this for me?????????

Thai schools are a looney bin. My son just failed history. He is 8yrs old so what the hell does it matter.... my first question was whos history was it? and now that he has his own phone he can google all the correct answers when needed? so thats a pass...schools are a waste of time nowadays. Just a place for children to be victimized by idiots it seems.

• Like 1

All the state schools I know, they are barracks where students learn to obey all superiors blindly, they learn that true respect does not exist, only obliged respect!
Students undergo continuous brainwashing!
Teachers enjoy in the true sense of the word, the power they have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1