Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

On 3/14/2023 at 2:41 AM, owl sees all said:

Don't think that's a realistic sign Owl.

Obviously a disgruntled Iron's fan, who switched allegiance in days past; and regrets it. Now they can see the 'O's back on their way to the very top, while the Irons emotionally suffer from having left their famous old home; The Boleyn Ground (Upton Park).

These clubs do give up a lot of hard earned history when they leave their grounds. Moving to that big lifeless bowl hasn't done them any favours at all in my opinion of course. Hope we stay at Hillsborough forever although that river gets a bit close at times and it has flooded the itch at least once. The O's are going well aren't they, can't be far off being confirmed as promoted now. Maybe we could jack the whole stadium up by a metre or two, that would solve it, great engineering project as well.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

You are a brave man Owl !

If Mrs Owl found out ,that broom handle would be disappearing very quickly where the sun don’t shine !!

Make you right there Andy.

i wondered what that sensation was t'other night.

• Haha 2

On 3/17/2023 at 2:44 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Brooms at the ready. Mrs Owl will want one of those. Her favourite one was shot down by the Russians over the Black Sea. She was lucky to escape back to the village. Good job she had a spare strapped to her back.

143743204_bud001.png.bdb3964543841e326deae2d83915e151.png

You are a brave man Owl !

If Mrs Owl found out ,that broom handle would be disappearing very quickly where the sun don’t shine !!

We are all brave in here @Andrew Dwyer

#fearless

????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HighPriority said:

We are all brave in here @Andrew Dwyer

#fearless

????????

Bang on the money. Have to be HP and Andy.

Show any sign of weakness. and you're as well off as a tramp at the South Pole.

Can't do Owl Log 2 this evening. Things are a bit topsy turvy at the mo.

• Love It 1

33 minutes ago, degrub said:

Try Firefox browser and use privacy/advert/tracking settings to control. It does cost the website some advert money.

Thanks for that Boss.

I've no objection what-so-ever to having adds on a web-site. It makes the www world go round. But I personally don't like the adds that pop up and take away working space. There are two on screen as I type this reply.

To be fair to AN; it is a good site for us farang, and on the whole better than some others. I have also occasionally clicked on the adds and even bought one time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, HighPriority said:

There’s a special place in hell reserved for people like you…

A book company was advertising on AN. I clicked on, and looked at the books on special offers. I was quite taken with a Richard Dawkins' book about the universe and slugs. So paid me dosh (about 1000 baht) and looked forward to some bed-time reading.

That was nearly two years ago. Still waiting for the delivery.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, HighPriority said:

Sorry you didn’t get your book Owl.

I would have searched the product and then purchased, I detest advertising. 
Everytime you click on their links you encourage them, sorta like voting with similar results…

You are not wrong there HP.

But not to worry about the book Since then I ordered another and got it 31 days later. In that book - by John Hammer - there is a section on humans. He postulates that we were actually from another planet. His arguments are compelling. Were we put her as a future food source? If I had not had the delivery problem with Dawkins' book I would not have been so enlightened about the very nature of humanity.

As for advertising. For my sins, I used to advertise in the Spurs monthly magazine.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, bannork said:

Owl, isn't there an X on the top right of the excruciating pop-up you can zap to remove it?

I was licking away; it just wouldn't go. And when it did; it came straight back. Nothing at the moment.

Maybe it's just stupid old Owl.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, London Lowf said:

The car is an RFM e- car 2.0 - made in India apparently. And you are correct, it's electric.

car.png

Looks good to me.

Not sure how it would go off-road.

Thought that MG Thailand had the monopoly on that bright yellow.

4 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I was licking away; it just wouldn't go. And when it did; it came straight back. Nothing at the moment.

Dear me! Licking the computer? That's a new one.

Missed out the 'c'. It's all the pop-ups fault.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Very tough game at Barnsley for The Owls last night. They seemed in control after 75 minutes when the made it 2-2. They went to sleep, and let in two more goals to end their running run.

My thoughts exactly Owl. Thought they let us off the hook a bit at 2-0 we were rocking and could have got battered. Onto the next game, all to play for.

• Like 1