Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

11 hours ago, bannork said:

Last night and this morning was one of the coldest spells I've ever experienced in Thailand. The cold and biting wind from China raged all night, I feared for our newly born calves with the wind chill but we put up some tarpaulin on the north and eastern sides of the cattle shed which helped shelter the gang.

Tough dudes.

Here in Prasat area very very cold 11C coldest I hav eknown in 30 odd years

• Like 1

2 hours ago, voulez vous said:

Good morning from me. And good wishes to all the posters says me and Mr Owl.

He has many pictures to share with you once his holiday has ended in a couple of days; at 32 minutes past five in the afternoon I believe.

Mr Owl has asked me to post a picture for him. The note with the email said that he had finished cleaning out the furnace. I have no idea what became of the rubbish. But as Mr Owl would put it; 'watch this space.'.

I'm glad he's due to be out on parole at last.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/18/2019 at 10:34 AM, owl sees all said:

The wife was on the loo and couldn't give rice to the monk the other day. She asked me to give it. No problem! But I didn't get on my knees; just called him over and tipped it into his pot. I got the 'thank you' verse all the same. Later, when the wife found out that I'd not even bowed my head she was not best amused. "You must not be higher than monk," said she.

Surely, the reply should have been, "I wasn't higher than the monk. He was standing on the pavement, I was in the road."

15 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Surely, the reply should have been, "I wasn't higher than the monk. He was standing on the pavement, I was in the road."

Such subtleties of logic go straight through to the wicketkeeper here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Behind the bike sheds.

There's a theme with them there bike shed occurrences , don't know if anyone else has picked up on it? Now we have "tagged" to add to "fagged, gagged, shagged, nagged" and one or two more I can think of.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, voulez vous said:

Good morning to you lovely people.

Just off to see Francine whose string broke yesterday causing her onions to fall.

And got an email from Marion in Spain, who tells me it is very could and wants me to warm her.

Mr Owl is back tomorrow.

I wonder if he will be looking a little pale after all that time without sunlight on the inside?

I take it there's no quarantine required between the shed and the house?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

I wonder if he will be looking a little pale after all that time without sunlight on the inside?

I take it there's no quarantine required between the shed and the house?

He's English isn't he?Of course he will look a little pale!As for quarantine between the shed and the house well if it's like here that will be decided by the missus and can only be cancelled by well endowed brown envelopes.

• Haha 2

Glad to hear your cheer has elevated,I was worried that in my effort to be cryptic and amusing at the same time in an effort to avoid another sojourn my post might have been misinterpreted causing your cheer to decline which is of course the challenge of posting on a forum with an ensuing sojourn to follow after crossing the elusive and difficult to determine (that maybe a tautology) line.

After looking south at the manmade "trees" I think the natural trees are much more pleasant to look at and much more beneficial to the world.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I think you're doing yourself down there. I think your comments and entertainment value are definitely worth waiting for.

I'm all for humour in posts.

image.jpeg.96d1ce8b142de4f9f83e11a794748078.jpeg

edit: Not a 'dig' at your good self FFF, it just happened to be the funniest post I came across.

Thanks Bluey it's much appreciated and I do it to stop from getting a big head!Funnily enough my little brother also had a large cranium physically but like mister owl was not big headed in the other sense of the word.

• Thanks 1