Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

As you can imagine, being a supporter of Fulham Football Club, mainly because I was born there, I know little about football & really care even less for it, but like most people I do like to see my home team doing well, something that escapes them this season so far.

However a number of years ago my ex wife and I took an early new year holiday down on freezing cold Wiltshire resort, log cabins around a very nice albeit frozen lake.

Mine host was a very nice chap who obviously loved 'the beautiful game' due to the proliferation of photos & trophies behind his bar/reception, when I mentioned them to him he said "oh yeah, I'm Chopper Harris" I said 'WHO ? Never heard of you, I didn't know he played for Chelsea, nice guy though, we spent a few nights talking about everything except football, had a good time there. ????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Golden Triangle said:

As you can imagine, being a supporter of Fulham Football Club, mainly because I was born there, I know little about football & really care even less for it, but like most people I do like to see my home team doing well, something that escapes them this season so far.

However a number of years ago my ex wife and I took an early new year holiday down on freezing cold Wiltshire resort, log cabins around a very nice albeit frozen lake.

Mine host was a very nice chap who obviously loved 'the beautiful game' due to the proliferation of photos & trophies behind his bar/reception, when I mentioned them to him he said "oh yeah, I'm Chopper Harris" I said 'WHO ? Never heard of you, I didn't know he played for Chelsea, nice guy though, we spent a few nights talking about everything except football, had a good time there. ????

Switched from  Chopping down legs to logs 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

When we got home my football crazy mates filled me in on the details.

Yes he was legendary for his rather aggressive tackling. Sounds strange that he still introduces himself that way. 

Edited by Kadilo

11 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Probably something to do with the way I phrased it " someone likes their football I see ?" ????

Oh yes big fan. Not of Chelsea though although respect Harris as a player in his time. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

Did you mention Eddie Gray to him? He played in the right era for me, football has been transformed into a game for wimps now.????

1 hour ago, sotonowl said:

Did you mention Eddie Gray to him? He played in the right era for me, football has been transformed into a game for wimps now.????

Ummm... you’re talking about that hard mans game “soccer” are you...?

Get some decent footy into ya, AFL.

• Haha 2

On 12/31/2020 at 1:39 PM, owl sees all said:

Liverpool top the EPL. Blades at the bottom; don't look good for them SotonOwl. But will you be playing them next season?

Think I missed that comment previously Owl, please forgive me if I've already answered as I've been in a drunken stupor for the last 2 weeks or so.

I think we'll be staying up and I'm pretty sure they're doomed so we can looked forward to the return of an authentic derby next year as opposed to one of these plastic derbies the press are always pushing these days. They were on about the south coast derby the other week when Plymouth played Portsmouth. They're 170 miles apart. Things just aint what they used to be.????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voulez vous said:

Mr Owl is on holiday. Back next week. He wants me to thank all the thread's regular posters for him. Also to post some pics of nice Isan trees.

972049005_nicetrees08.png.38b7fdd76f6bb31ecd5ef4013f8b35b9.png

820822654_nicetrees07.png.d17bc2a054775a7928fc57732bd70756.png2092134600_tallyang02.png.d33c41692b80492a789b57d68ece54a8.png

1254614322_nicetrees06.png.8d28a0b002f823194e5c3cca60f51b93.png

Thank you.

Do you know how long before he gets released from prison?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voulez vous said:

Mr Owl is on holiday. Back next week. He wants me to thank all the thread's regular posters for him. Also to post some pics of nice Isan trees.

972049005_nicetrees08.png.38b7fdd76f6bb31ecd5ef4013f8b35b9.png

820822654_nicetrees07.png.d17bc2a054775a7928fc57732bd70756.png2092134600_tallyang02.png.d33c41692b80492a789b57d68ece54a8.png

1254614322_nicetrees06.png.8d28a0b002f823194e5c3cca60f51b93.png

Thank you.

Thank you 'voulez vous'-they are wonderful trees.

"..and the dawn comes up like thunder.."

DSCN1154.JPG

DSCN1139.JPG

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, voulez vous said:

Mr Owl is not in prison Mr Bluesofa. He is self-isolating away from his wife!

I understand he will be released from his garden shed on 15-01-2021.

Thank you for your concern.

I've had my suspicions before.

Wouldn't a battered husbands' refuge be more appropriate?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Is he okay ? Why in isolation ? Has he or family been to close to someone unwell ?

Just concerned, that's all.

I understand that Mr Owl is well.

He is self-isolating in his garden shed, trying to avoid Mrs Owl.

I'm sure Mr Owl would not mind me saying that he is working on his thesis; 'How chilies could save the world'.

I'm sure he will thank you Mr GT for your concern when he returns next week.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Now...Mr Voulez Vous...you are a bit of a mystery person so I have to ask you the magic question..

Do you dress right or left or just make 'em baggy at the knees?

I take it that it is a serious question Mr Odysseus?!

Being French - the home of the greatest lovers on earth by the way - I rarely wear clothes below the waist. But when I do, I quite like what the Scots wear.

Professor Pigeon has researched this - left or right thing - when he was in Paris in 2016. At the moment he is stuck in Mexico due to the covid restrictions on travel.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, voulez vous said:

Professor Pigeon has researched this

Now..now..m'sieur I understand the French commitment to go Le Commando as a gesture of support for the "Auld Alliance" but wasn't Prof.Pigeons thesis debunked by Professor Einkugel of Munchen-Gladbach University who proved that the French nearly always dressed to the left whilst les Allemands always tended to dress to the right?

Hence hundreds of years of conflict?

24 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Now..now..m'sieur I understand the French commitment to go Le Commando as a gesture of support for the "Auld Alliance" but wasn't Prof.Pigeons thesis debunked by Professor Einkugel of Munchen-Gladbach University who proved that the French nearly always dressed to the left whilst les Allemands always tended to dress to the right?

Hence hundreds of years of conflict?

No!!

Professor Einkugel of Munchen-Gladbach University has been discredited, and has now been de-platformed.

But! You are correct about the conflicts; just jealousy IMO. Viva Le France.

• Haha 1