Brit tourist tells of Thai prison terror after beaten inmate died in his arms

webfact

21 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Do you really expect to die from committing a civil offence?

That might be right. Nobody should need to die, and then it has gone too far. However, the questions still stand. The ones you chosed to laugh at before, because you could not come up with an answer. ???? 

35 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

A civil matter? Would you like to elaborate on that? Is that according to your interpretation of the matter, western law or the laws of Thailand?

Let´s hear this time.

37 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

These were not holiday makers but professional criminals who had bribed customs officials,  paid off mafia traffickers,  destroyed their ID documents and been given legal help then refused to leave. There is no comparison

I think you'll find there's quite a close comparison.

The two guys in the OP do not appear to be normal 'holiday makers' either.

(according to a 5 minute google search)

PS 'Kai' is a popular Indian name.

http://www.indiachildnames.com/name.aspx?name=Kai

Edited by BritManToo

1 hour ago, zydeco said:

What about the embassies in this story?

1) Where is the American Embassy? Did they actually allow the outright murder of an American citizen by Iranians in a Thai prison to go without investigation?

2) Did the British Embassy actually tell this guy to turn himself in, knowing he would be put in these conditions, rather than urging him to get the money for a flight out and paying the fine at an airport?

Rickey McDonald-"RIP"

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

That might be right. Nobody should need to die, and then it has gone too far. However, the questions still stand. The ones you chosed to laugh at before, because you could not come up with an answer. ???? 

Let´s hear this time.

I'm sure you fully support 112 as well!!!

• Confused 2

And why would the race of the gang not be told? Who hates Americans that much? some black Muslim drug gang? Maybe they picked on him because of something he said or did or how he looked, but I am sure many Americans have been in there and did not get beaten because of being American. Just an odd story. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

None i'd prefer the UK had a population not growing by a million every 3-4 years and the cities being swamped by an alien culture that is diametrically opposed to western values, that is not just bad policy, it's insanity

OK Mr. Dramatic, the UK is not being swamped by alien cultures... bit like lower Sukhumvit maybe? ???? 

• Like 2

What do you expect?

Given a comfy bed, lobsters and wine inside the prison?

You can't expect everything to be the same in western countries in Thailand and other countries in Asia.

1. Don't expect VIP treatment in prison.

2. Don't expect people to stop for you in a Zebra Crossing.

3. Don't expect cars to stop when lights go yellow. 

This list will grow.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, jonclark said:

Hardly surprising though. When I was born there were only 3.5 billion people on the planet, now there are 7.3 billion 40 odd years later, more people = more stuff / houses / demand for services. What do you suggest, selective genocide of those who are different? 

You're the only one who's suggested selective genocide but have tried unsuccessfully to accuse another of doing so.

It was how the final solution got off the ground in Germany in 1941.

Edited by yogi100
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Immediate character assassination of the victim, with minimal regard for the injustice upon him, which might happen any day to any one of us.

The same regard given to the injustice upon Trayvon Martin, Oscar Grant, Michael Brown, and the Black Lives Matter movement which followed in the USA, pointing to the extreme, continued racism not enough people seem to care about in my country.

Pants up, don't loot!

• Like 1