Chiang Mai: Chinese tourists in Loy Krathong rebellion - claim "disgraceful" rip off by Thai company

webfact

I went on two different river tours in C M and both were disgusting. One had a decrepit boat, got off at a dangerous pier by crawling under the roof, taken around the historic wats on a broken down horse drawn carriage pulled by a starved horse, and the AC in the van was broken.

The other took me up river to a filthy restaurant and if I wanted to eat it was extra, even though I was told it was included.

Went to a Kan Toke dinner at a cultural  village where the food was rubbish, the dancing pathetic, and the staff didn't give a monkey's.

Sad thing is, I did all those things in the past, and they were really good. What the <deleted> happened?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, unamazedloso said:

????????im unimpressed with everything thai. i have this same dilemma with everything i have to pay for here. Never worth a cent!!

I went on a tour up Doi Inthanon which was excellent. Not everything is bad.

However, back in the early 90s they'd pick everyone up from the hotels in a new van, then make us change to a decrepit broken one for the actual tour.

Best tour I went on was to see the sound and light show on the River Kwai bridge, but we stayed at a 5* hotel.