What is Thaivisa exactly?

Europeanguy

Who is it for / targeting?

A property agency? An ad provider?

Selecting which news we should see and how we should see it?

A Thai bashing opportunity for farang at every news selected? (the vast majority of all postings)

I learn a few things here but I have a problem of confidence in all that is going on at Thaivisa.

It is a shame as farang who live here can definitely do with valuable thoughts and Thaivisa could provide that assistance. For the moment it is just "project fear" or "buy this please" as far as I can see.

I am not clever enough to distinguish between "fake news", lies and good information. Facebook cannot so I have no chance as an individual of course.

So I have to decide if I should unsubscribe or buy a ton of salt to take a pinch of salt with everything I read.

Kind regards to all.

B

39 minutes ago, Europeanguy said:

Have you been to the electrical wiring forum yet? Its very shocking what goes on there. 

but in all seriousness, you should have been here before they changed the color to purple. 

it was like this before:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Europeanguy said:

Excuse my ignorance but how do you answer a particular posting? I can only see how to answer the latest one. I do not want to be seen answering a silly one. Thank you.

Underneath each post, in the bottom left, is a "Quote" button.  Hit that.

26 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

It is useful for information on actual visa issues - either in Thailand or with visas to other countries.  There are some real experts on here who happily share their wisdom and they should be applauded.  There is no better place to come for visa help.

There is useful information on here on the mass transit systems posted by people who work on those systems, and they should be applauded.  There is no better place to come to ask about all things mass transit and get insight.

Probably some good local insight in the local forums.

Apart from that it is mostly a load of anti Thai nonsense and paranoia posted by people who resent being here, hate everything Thai, and have a very negative outlook on life.  Lots of misogyny too if you ask me.  Just my opinion of course, you can use one of your bags of salt and take it as you like.

Lots of clickbait headlines too these days.

Your answer is a thoughtful answer. Thank you.

It highlights how Thaivisa can be a very valuable place while also highlighting that it can also be a place which carries a  lot of resentment that do not help anyone.

Just now, Europeanguy said:

Your answer is a thoughtful answer. Thank you.

It highlights how Thaivisa can be a very valuable place while also highlighting that it can also be a place which carries a  lot of resentment that do not help anyone.

I still do not know who/what is behind Thaivisa and their purpose. We should know that to have a meaningful and effective participation.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

A Free to access online community and exchange of information predominantly on all things Thailand.

Anyone ! originally aimed at those seeking visa advice but over the years it has expanded into many sub forums on a wide range of topics, again predominantly for those visiting or living in Thailand, whether that be for work or retirement etc.

Neither, the Ads help pay for the provision and running of the forum and ensure it remains free for people to enjoy and participate in.

News is sourced from a variety of sources that permit re-publication, articles are also translated from Thai sources.

Those articles are reproduced for the general information and benefit of the members.

An excellent and easy to understand , explanation of what Thai visa is . 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

A Free to access online community and exchange of information predominantly on all things Thailand.

Anyone ! originally aimed at those seeking visa advice but over the years it has expanded into many sub forums on a wide range of topics, again predominantly for those visiting or living in Thailand, whether that be for work or retirement etc.

Neither, the Ads help pay for the provision and running of the forum and ensure it remains free for people to enjoy and participate in.

News is sourced from a variety of sources that permit re-publication, articles are also translated from Thai sources.

Those articles are reproduced for the general information and benefit of the members.

Thank you for your comprehensive answer which satisfies me.

It is a good and useful place despite some uncalled for comments.

A bit like facebook is facing, how do you police all that? Get fake news etc.?

My comments are only to improve Thaivisa as an extremely valuable tool.

Thank you.

It is "Policed" to use your term by a Team of staff and volunteer Moderators who are operating within the framework of the forum rules to maintain a degree of order and ensure the smooth running of the forum. Naturally we cannot be everywhere at all times but we do our best for the overall benefit of the forum and its members.The members also play a valuable part in using the report function to bring any issue to our attention and those are usually dealt with quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A Thai bashing opportunity for farang at every news selected? (the vast majority of all postings)

Please don't mix things up here.

I take me as an example. I've never posted negative things about the country but there are people out there with a great sense of humor who make posts that others read as Anti Thai. Only a fact, not more...

But criticising something, or a whole country, there's is a huge difference that should be considered. 

And to be honest, there's more often a Farang bashing topic on the menu. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Isaanbiker said:

Please don't mix things up here.

I take me as an example. I've never posted negative things about the country but there are people out there with a great sense of humor who make posts that others read as Anti Thai. Only a fact, not more...

But criticising something, or a whole country, there's is a huge difference that should be considered. 

My hero !

15 minutes ago, Airalee said:

Do you not feel like you’re getting your moneys worth?

Yes, I feel like I get my my money worth. Hardly difficult when it is free. I am just asking questions about the quality and care of the information that I find so useful.

On the thread, you will find somebody saying that "I'm starting to be a troll". That hurted me. 

The definition of a "a troll": Trolling is defined as creating discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people by posting inflammatory or off-topic messages in an online community.

It is hardly what I have done, just asking legitimate questions.

9 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

I don't have a preference for my bashings...i'll bash whatever i feel needs to be bashed. 

So OP better not tell us from which european country you are or we'll start about that....i guess you're not french or german because your english is too good.

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

The electrical forum information is more current than some other sub forums. You'll find resistance from some members to new ideas but giving them stick, just Hertz their feelings !!

not to mention the very short fuses that some members have. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1