Overstay

Hello good people tell me guys if I have overstayed in Thailand for 28 days and I want to jet home then come back what should   I do? Went to the immigration but failed to extend my visa now when jetting out how much gona be charged? And can I still come back Thailand in one weeks time?

Edited by Henryg
  • Haha 1

OP, you asked about reenter within a week. Sounds like your staying in se Asia.

You could enter visa exempt at border (if you haven't done two this calendar year. That gets you through till 2020, then you can do couple more. Remember each one can be extended by 30 days. 

Personally I wouldn't fly in without visa. I might risk it at CNX without visa if desperate.

• Like 2

Just pay the 500 thb per day up to maximum 20k at airport. Won't stop you flying in again.

I have a passport full of overstays, one up to 3 days short of being banned for x years. Never been a problem. I got queried last time flying in about the amount. I've had a lot of health problems...

• Sad 4

20 hours ago, Henryg said:

Waooo Thankx bro , I didn't know coz is my first time here I though its 3 months the way its indicated in my passport but I realized its only 2 months I was shocked.

20 hours ago, Henryg said:

Went to the immigration but failed to extend my visa n

If you went to immigrations before the 60 days were up, why did you fail to extend your stay? It seems at that point you would have realized you were going to be here beyond the allowed 60 days.

If you went after you were here for more than 60 days did immigrations just send you on your way without detaining you for being on overstay? 

Your story seems to have have some holes in it.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seems to me like not reading, failing to se or extend as well as passports full of overstays are great things in this thread. It´s not possible to make these things if you just look and read your stamp. To people that show such low regard for the law as well as lack of interest, I just hope they catch the next one before it has gone 26 days.

Tine to check your passport and know whats going on. That would be the least we can expect of people.

• Confused 1

These overstay fines seem to be assumed by some as an easy way to overstay their visa and permission of allowable stay and then pay a fine and all is ok.

If immigration removed this in incentive and anyone at the airport caught on overstay was issued an immediate ban of varying time, one would certainly see a change in behaviour.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, userabcd said:

If immigration removed this in incentive and anyone at the airport caught on overstay was issued an immediate ban of varying time, one would certainly see a change in behaviour.

That already exists. If caught with an overstay it is a minimum 3 year ban.

And overstaying over 90 days is a ban that would occur on departure from the country.

The real problem is the max fine of 20k baht for overstaying as written in the immigration act. If they were able to raise that to let's say 100,000 baht and increased the fine from 500 baht a day that would be a good deterrent from overstaying.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That already exists. If caught with an overstay it is a minimum 3 year ban.

And overstaying over 90 days is a ban that would occur on departure from the country.

The real problem is the max fine of 20k baht for overstaying as written in the immigration act. If they were able to raise that to let's say 100,000 baht and increased the fine from 500 baht a day that would be a good deterrent from overstaying.

IDC would need to be the size of Bangkok!

On 11/24/2019 at 2:03 PM, Henryg said:

Waooo Thankx bro , I didn't know coz is my first time here I though its 3 months the way its indicated in my passport but I realized its only 2 months I was shocked.

A friend had a similar experience on his first visit, he thought his 90 visa was just that and not 60 days then extend for a further 30 days.