Who want to work in the 3 world country

Heh

I see many reports in Thaivsa that many people get taste of the Thai airport prison because the Thai immigration suspect that European citizens work in Thailand.

But who want to work in third world country for 40.000-50.000baht per months.

Working week 48 hours 

No pension .

Much more. I could understand that Cambodia and Lao people want do it. Maybe some European over 65 years want to do it for fun.

But to other people from Europe and USA??? 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have people from Europe work as 200.000 baht per months. They never gets problems with immigration because the company take care. It is not many but very few. The most Europeans gets problems in Thai costume because immigration thinks they work in Thailand . What people who have no big experiences can get in Thailand  200.000 baht per month.some can get  50.000 per months? Who want to work for it?'why stop the tourist of false accusations of working here?

48 hours per week. NoI vacation. No pension

1) For example teachers, can get as little as 60,000 baht back home after taxes, with a higher cost of living. 
2) If they also have a partner working, they can be earning like 70,000 baht here together and live really good. 
3) There is many foreigners who earn 40K a month but only work 10-20 hours per week too.
4) Even working 40 hours for 40-50K, it might be a more pleasant life for one than back home too, less rat race etc.

For example can be earning 70-80K baht back home but just for rent + utilities losing 30K of that already. Add 10K more for a car.
Then I am still richer here with 40-50K (and working less hours) + lower cost of living for a similar lifestyle as it would be back home with that money.

Might be temporary or someone having pension organised already in some way and offer more happiness for that person.

21 minutes ago, secondfusilier said:

Where are you referring to because Thailand is not a third world country ?

Any country where a 60 years old foreign bricklayer or plumber can bag a cute 25 years old university graduate is a third world country in my books.

3 minutes ago, Trolleen said:

That no true . No good teacher with that experience makes 60.000 baht per months unless they come maybe for itali. Cost of living here as same as Europe this days except for house costs. It your dream that good teacher work here 

I know plenty of teachers from multiple EU countries that barely earn more than that after taxes are paid, certainly in their first 5 working years. 
It might be 70,000 as more average, but that would be about it. To get that you need to earn over 2700 euro a month before taxes. Those good times are done.

You only get the bigger salaries if being a teacher at universities etc. Teachers (as well nursing etc) are protesting a lot for a reason in many countries.

2 minutes ago, Trolleen said:

That you dream that European teacher will work here as for 50.000 per months. Ten years ago , yes. But not today with a prices like that. 

I am not sure if you even know what you talk about then, as that are like half of the teachers in this country. The other half to be Americans etc. 
Actually should be more surprised for Americans to work here at 30-50K than Europeans.
Guess you are trolling and wasting people their time.

2 minutes ago, tabarin said:

I know plenty of teachers from multiple EU countries that barely earn more than that after taxes are paid, certainly in their first 5 working years. 
It might be 70,000 as more average, but that would be about it. To get that you need to earn over 2700 euro a month before taxes. Those good times are done.

You only get the bigger salaries if being a teacher at universities etc. Teachers (as well nursing etc) are protesting a lot for a reason in many countries.

You do not know. The salary which the nurse with no experiences taken out per months is about 150.000 baht. Old exchange course Europe. 

19 minutes ago, tabarin said:

For example teachers, can get as little as 60,000 baht back home after taxes, with a higher cost of living. 

I was getting 140 pounds/day in 2009 working as a substitute high school teacher in the UK.

(7,000bht/day)

hat was about the least you could earn as a school-teacher.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I was getting 140 pounds/day in 2009 working as a substitute high school teacher.

(7,000bht/day)

That must be before 30-40% taxes then I guess or you were living somewhere really expensive as well. No way for this in Netherlands on average. 
Teachers are happy to come home with around 2000 euro after taxes nowadays (unless as said teaching at universities etc).

Think it is the same or worse in France, not to mention Italy / Spain / Portugal with like 1000 - 1400 euro.

Just now, Trolleen said:

No one want to come and work here for nothing

Teachers teach because they want to teach, not to make a career. Then they would not have become teachers. 
You seem to not understand that, neither know any teachers in Thailand. Not sure what your point of the topic still is at this stage.

16 minutes ago, gearbox said:

Any country where a 60 years old foreign bricklayer or plumber can bag a cute 25 years old university graduate is a third world country in my books.

Because 1-2% of the population does that, which is basically in every country of the world possible too (just at a local higher rate) ?

7 minutes ago, tabarin said:

Teachers teach because they want to teach, not to make a career.

I taught because it was the easiest way to earn 15,000 pounds tax free income (plus a years NI contributions) for working 90 days per year in the UK. Didn't even need to teach, all that was required was to keep the kids in the classroom and sitting quietly for 5x 1hr per day, without them damaging each other or the classroom. Harder to do than you would think as it was in council estate schools so bad, they couldn't keep regular staff.

42 minutes ago, Trolleen said:

The most Europeans gets problems in Thai costume because immigration thinks they work in Thailand

I always wear the same costume as mr Prayuth, pure silk and ancient style....never had problems at the immigration, you should try it!

24 minutes ago, tabarin said:

Teachers teach because they want to teach, not to make a career. Then they would not have become teachers. 
You seem to not understand that, neither know any teachers in Thailand. Not sure what your point of the topic still is at this stage.

Teachers are here coz the majority of them require lower qualifacations to work here. Many of the male teachers are here for the 'female' ( or male ) company easily available.

Just now, taninthai said:

As people get older it’s not actually always about the money,some want to escape the rat race,some opt for less money and a simple life style ????????

Yes, fair point.

But is the OP point not about the hassle involved for visa's etc for teachers, this makes it far from a simple life style.

Personally i'd like to have enough money in old age to not work at all, who needs the hassle....

2 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

It's absolutely ALWAYS about the money!

I spent a few years working in a foriegn country for a pittance, it had NOTHING to do with the money and everything about travelling, experiencing other cultures and someone else paying for me to do it.

24 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I taught because it was the easiest way to earn 15,000 pounds tax free income (plus a years NI contributions) for working 90 days per year in the UK. Didn't even need to teach, all that was required was to keep the kids in the classroom and sitting quietly for 5x 1hr per day, without them damaging each other or the classroom. Harder to do than you would think as it was in council estate schools so bad, they couldn't keep regular staff.

"What you gonna do when you graduate?"

"**** knows, there's always teaching I suppose"

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I spent a few years working in a foriegn country for a pittance, it had NOTHING to do with the money and everything about travelling, experiencing other cultures and someone else paying for me to do it.

Then financially you wasted a few years of your working life.

I will not work for a pittance, we're not put on this earth to waste it working. I work in mostly s****y countries but for a lot of money, not interested in any of the culture of the places i work. Will use the money earn to visit where i want.

Horses for courses....

Archived