Rabbit users can now re-load their card at BTS ticket machines.

Crossy

10 minutes ago, blackcab said:

Hallelujah. Is it in 100 baht increments, or can other amounts be added?

Not sure, the software can certainly allow any amount (even with coins) but I have no idea what's been enabled.

When you've tried it let us know ????

EDIT I've been assured that it's like the Purple Line, post in banknotes (up to 15 IIRC) until you press "Confirm" at which point it loads the value. No coins.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Youlike said:

No  passport needed?

if you've not already registered your card (needs your passport) the machine will bounce you.

Once registered you don't (shouldn't) need passport at machine or ticket office.

A couple of members have noted being repeatedly asked for their passport even after registering. If that applies to you then I suggest a visit to the Rabbit Service Centre, concourse level Siam station.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Youlike said:

No  passport needed?

if you've not already registered your card (needs your passport) the machine will bounce you.

Once registered you don't (shouldn't) need passport at machine or ticket office.

A couple of members have noted being repeatedly asked for their passport even after registering. If that applies to you then I suggest a visit to the Rabbit Service Centre, concourse level Siam station.

No need to run around like a fool to Siam Station Rabbit Centre. Topping up at any Maccas doesn't require any passport so that's my preferred choice.

No need to run around like a fool to Siam Station Rabbit Centre.

Toppingup at any Maccas doesn't require any passport so that's my preferred choice.

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

Toppingup at any Maccas doesn't require any passport so that's my preferred choice.

What is a maccas?

Oh is that a mac donalds? I don't go there anymore, i complainted 2 times about not getting the discount for using rabbit and now they all run away when they see me....because they know i 'll ask for that discount and they usually won't give that.

Also last year i tried to put 1000 on my card in the MAC but they said cannot...

Edited by Youlike
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Youlike said:

What is a maccas?

Oh is that a mac donalds? I don't go there anymore, i complainted 2 times about not getting the discount for using rabbit and now they all run away when they see me....because they know i 'll ask for that discount and they usually won't give that.

Also last year i tried to put 1000 on my card in the MAC but they said cannot...

Yep, Maccas is what people say instead of McDonalds. Think that the Yanks call it Micky D's. Usually add 200 or 300 baht each time there.

19 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Yep, Maccas is what people say instead of McDonalds. Think that the Yanks call it Micky D's. Usually add 200 or 300 baht each time there.

I always fill the card to the max, that's 3-4000.....i also use it to pay in shops and 2-300 isn't even enough for my bakery bill.

2 hours ago, bbi1 said:

No need to run around like a fool to Siam Station Rabbit Centre.

OK, made a note of that loophole ????

By the way, I tried one of the machines at N9 and you can add a selection of passes to your Rabbit too (should be the same ones you can add at the ticket office).

Because walking up to the cashier and paying is too easy???? Worked like a charm for 9 years!  I think I will stick to that ... because it is FASTER and EASIER!

2 minutes ago, bangkokequity said:

Because walking up to the cashier and paying is too easy???? Worked like a charm for 9 years!  I think I will stick to that ... because it is FASTER and EASIER!

Once it's set up using Rabbit Line-Pay is even easier and faster, never visit a machine or ticket office ever again, just tap your card and travel.

2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Once it's set up using Rabbit Line-Pay is even easier and faster, never visit a machine or ticket office ever again, just tap your card and travel.

I should have been more clear ... I mean for topping up the card!

5 hours ago, Youlike said:

I've never had a problem getting the Rabbit discount at McDonald's - without even asking.

It's worth noting, however, that you aren't eligible for that discount if they have a promotion for whatever you are buying. For example, the last time I bought a Big Mac set, they had a promotion (129 Baht). The girl informed me that I won't get the Rabbit discount, which is fine in that case.

2 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Depends on what station at what time. Try Asok in rush hour.

Yes, of course ... Asoke at rush hour ... and the other stations where there is often no line .. and PRO TIP:  A card with 400 THB takes quite a while to expire .... so MANY opportunities to Top Up with no line. By the way .... How long is the line at the MACHINE at ASOKE at RUSH HOUR?  Stupid and silly of you to bring up this absurd example.

2 minutes ago, bangkokequity said:

Yes, of course ... Asoke at rush hour ... and the other stations where there is often no line .. and PRO TIP:  A card with 400 THB takes quite a while to expire .... so MANY opportunities to Top Up with no line. By the way .... How long is the line at the MACHINE at ASOKE at RUSH HOUR?  Stupid and silly of you to bring up this absurd example.

There are people who live around there and work, not that stupid or silly.

50 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

There are people who live around there and work, not that stupid or silly.

Ok, so I guess you represent a very small group of people who only commute from one super busy location (Asoke) to another super busy stop (Siam) and nowhere else to top up.  As always, Thai Visa has lured me into a ridiculous debate with a type that finds some obtuse exception ... ignoring millions of others who commute to scores of locations ... that do have many easy Top Up opportunities.  What you are missing is this fact ... if the line is that long at the cashier ... it will be of a corresponding length at the machines. Anyway, I yield the floor to your keen insights, and pity anyone who can not afford to just top up their card in a way that only requires an occasional refresh.  I will try harder to just look at the news, and not succumb to the temptation to interface with folks about trivia that does not really concern me.  Have a good day ...