Thai atm card US

I have a Bangkok Bank Be 1st ATM debit master card with no name on it. I will be moving back to the US. Can I use my atm in a US atm? 

I ask because my landlord will deposit my Security deposit in my thai bank account 10-15 days after I moved out. 

I would like to use the atm machine in USA to retrieve my money afterwards I won't need my thai bank account anymore. 

It will work but you will have some fees in the transaction and probably lose a bit on the exchange rate. 

if you're still in Thailand then log in to BKK bank website and try to max out the daily atm withdrawal limit so you can make as few transactions as possible

14 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

It will work but you will have some fees in the transaction and probably lose a bit on the exchange rate. 

if you're still in Thailand then log in to BKK bank website and try to max out the daily atm withdrawal limit so you can make as few transactions as possible

When the account / card was started did it cover domestic only or was it open for all countries?

I ask because I recently called K Bank (yes I know that's not BBL) and asked whether my ATM card has the right chip etc., to be used in Australia in the near future. I was assuming my ATM card / any ATM card could be used internationally.

The answer was that it has the right chip but was not 'open' for transaction abroad. The man asked  'what limit' would you like per day, anywhere in Australia?'

I stated an amount and three seconds later he confirmed, now open for Australian ATM withdrawals with daily limit of xxxxx. 

• Thanks 1

Interesting read post #2

I have changed & updated my card from the old bank, the new card and my new card from a new bank (Krungthai & Bangkok Bank) have the chip embedded and both using the 6 digit pin. I can say, that the old card worked both in the USA & Europe. However I have had problems with "new and Improved" models, double check as #2 mentioned.

It should work fine based on many ThaiVisa posts I've seen over the years.  However, there will be a Bt100 flat fee and 2.5% foreign transaction fee charged by Bangkok Bank (other Thai banks have the same fee structure).  And of course any ATM Use fee the ATM you are using will charge.

What is the logo on the back of the card..as far as ATM networks.  I used my combo debit card to buy beer in Virginia..called it a credit card, and approval was lightning fast..paid 2.7% fee on top of the visa rate for the transaction.  I wonder about the 6 digit PINs, though.