Thai son cuts up his mother, stuffs her in the fridge and flushes her down the toilet

webfact

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Horrible crime ............. BUT the discovery is a bit strange,

Can't think of any time in my life where I've walked into someones empty house and opened their fridge or even more unlikely freezer.

Almost as if she knew what she was looking for.

Many Thais have no conception of privacy.  They walk in your house - no knocking, they snoop in your shopping bags they parade through your property as if it was there own.  So snooping in the fridge is not unusual.

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Can't think of any time in my life where I've walked into someones empty house and opened their fridge or even more unlikely freezer.

YES I thought so too, and no mention of blood also strange

13 hours ago, steven100 said:

you would have to measure the distance across a head etc ….. and how many cubic litres the fridge is ...

also was other frozen stuff taken out so the parts would fit ….

many unanswered questions.

RIP. 

And the extra space added for the door being ajar, would also depend how finely the body had been cut up. He obviously did not have a weak stomach. 

1 hour ago, Prairieboy said:

Many Thais have no conception of privacy.  They walk in your house - no knocking, they snoop in your shopping bags they parade through your property as if it was there own.  So snooping in the fridge is not unusual.

I can most certainly agree with you on that one ! to the point of them nicking a beer under your nose.

from yesterday evening's long telly coverage of this tragic event,
it seems there are quite a few people who believe the guy did not do it.
maybe denial,
maybe inconsistencies between state of mind and crime committed,
whatever,
propose to let the Forensic experts do their job before speculating .

On 11/26/2019 at 4:39 PM, BritManToo said:

The fridge was ajar so any decent person would try to close the fridge and this case I guess it would not close because of body parts holding it open.

On 11/26/2019 at 4:39 PM, BritManToo said:

My wife developed paranoid schizophrenia after 5 years and we stayed together for another 15 years. It is the worst of all mental illnesses and for me even illness like cancer is better because one day you might going to die from it but schizophrenia never stops. She is never harmful to herself or others but when she is in the phase of a psychosis she doesn't sleep, drink or eat and suddenly runs out of the house. I had to find her more than 5 times somewhere in Bangkok in the middle of the night. She lost 6 kg in 7 days but still had enormous strength.

He probably heart voices that told him to do this crime. For these people, the voices are more real than when we talk to them. It is a terrible crime, RIP, but he can't be held accountable for this and he suffers as well.

On 11/26/2019 at 11:23 AM, dcsw53 said:

Tragic. This guy needed help but mental health issues here are not treated as they should be. The Government should make provisions, but in a country where more people die on the roads than any other I doubt it will happen any time soon.

Exactlt. Mental health problems are a huge issue here but there are no real treatment centers for it. thus the people suffering with them get no help and keep getting worse. I was about to compare to china.  but then realized china dose lot more to take care of their people then what thailand does as a result of more money and sp forth. Things thailand lacks to be able to put such things into place. 

On 11/26/2019 at 4:35 AM, aussienam said:

Technically speaking you do have a point.  But convictions do occur against the insane if it is determined that he had some degree of compos mentis.  The mental illness may mitigate liability but not complete absolve his actions.  So you can be a criminal and insane.  There is a very grey area that judges frequently need to decide on.  

One who refrigerates their own mother is insane. What more proof do you need? I am persuaded. 

Perhaps a more developped and publicized appeal to the general public saying that mental disorders are not taboo and require proper assessment and treatment. Invite the people to get help when the symptoms start....could help prevent at least some such tragic situations ?

Archived