Thai economy: Thais staying home and not going out to eat

webfact

59 minutes ago, korkenzieher said:

Why did Jamie Oliver go bust?

Sorry but I don't agree.  Jamie left his brother-in-law in charge of his business interests when he should have been running it himself.  We had a meal at Jamie's Italian about six years ago and was probably the poorest excuse from a chain I've ever had the misfortune to consume and we never went back after that and we weren't the only ones.  

Edited by torturedsole

2 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Because the food stalls and restaurants have to pay a high commission, the dishes are a lot smaller compared with the portions on site.  

Is this really true that the portions are smaller when ordered through Grab or Foodpanda? Anyone else experienced this? I always thought the price was slightly higher when ordering through those apps plus you pay for delivery too.

Im all for buy one get one 

Some of the prices are getting stupid in these restaurants imported beers 300 Baht a pint

I was looking to take a snack home it was like 170 Baht for just a snack, <deleted> that stop at 7/11 on the way home 30 Baht  

• Like 2

I never know what to believe after reading any of these polls because it's never explained enough how these polls are conducted. Why the number is so small, thus how does it represent the population as a whole, how much were people spending before; Thai's usually live with family and friends, so how much has changed; Thai's often unplug all electrical outlets, so why does this article make it sound like something new; is less eating out a result of the economy or a result of a person's spending habits; like others said, are people just ordering in more now cause they'd rather not go out; and more. My main concern is the rather small representation of the Thai people and when it comes to money, in Thailand, the gap is pay gap between high society and low society is so large, it's hard to make broad generalizations.

• Like 1