'Poison' of anti-Semitism has taken root in UK's Labour - Chief Rabbi

snoop1130

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

I've been a vice chair in a London constituency, and have campaigned alongside Ken L and George G.

Although i've been in Thailand for some years now I still keep myself informed. I'm a fully paid-up Labour member.

The amount of anti-Jewish occurrences in my time I could count on one hand.

It depends on how you define anti-semitism. There are some people who invoke the sinister influence of the Rothschilds but don't believe that they are being anti-semitic.

• Haha 1

Jews face hatred from the left and the right. Possibly in the UK now the bigger problem is from the left. In the US the bigger problem now is from the right although there are some troubling signs of increase on the left. 

While it is true that criticism of Israel is not Jew hatred per se, there are many instances where Jew hatred bleeds into such criticism. It's easy to enough to tell the difference. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Guess he'll be voting for Boris / Conservatives then. No? Just more complaining I suspect.

Spot on . 

JC.  is quite content in his role, as  inactive opossition to the goverment.

Tory party , what an easy ride they have had .. 

Edited by elliss

3 hours ago, rayluttman said:

Is there anything wrong with that? someone has to speak up for the poor bastards.

Hamas and Hizbollah are not poor. But they are judaphobic to the core and now Corbyn and his extremist party leadership are in bed with these terrorists who even terrorize their own people.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Same Old Same Old

Anyone who opposes what Israel has done, is doing, and will continue to do to the Palestinians is IMMEDIATELY branded an Anti Semite

Keep making these baseless, ignorant remarks and you will not see a decrease in Antisemitism but an increase as more and more people see for themselves what the agenda is.

We Can Do no Wrong !  End of ...

Interesting logic. You are correct, it IS unfair to accuse people of being bigots based on their politics.

I wonder how your logic would apply to Brexit?

Same Old Same Old

Anyone who opposes what Remainers have done, are doing, and will continue to do is IMMEDIATELY branded a Racist

Keep making these baseless, ignorant remarks and you will not see a decrease in Racism but an increase as more and more people see for themselves what the agenda is.

We Can Do no Wrong ! End of ...

Same Old Same Old 

Anyone who opposes the sewer of extreme anti-Israel anti-Jewish hatred currently popular in the British Labour party is IMMEDIATELY branded as making unfounded Anti Semite accusations.

Keep making these baseless, ignorant remarks and you will not see an increase in freeedom but an increase in racist hatred and fear.

As the Rabbi said, what starts with the Jews, does not end with the Jews.

9 hours ago, nkg said:

Interesting logic. You are correct, it IS unfair to accuse people of being bigots based on their politics.

I wonder how your logic would apply to Brexit?

Same Old Same Old

Anyone who opposes what Remainers have done, are doing, and will continue to do is IMMEDIATELY branded a Racist

Keep making these baseless, ignorant remarks and you will not see a decrease in Racism but an increase as more and more people see for themselves what the agenda is.

We Can Do no Wrong ! End of ...

Like you said, interesting logic.

13 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, a veteran campaigner for Palestinian rights’.

Nuff said.

One can be for Palestinian rights and not be anti Semitic. This being said, I'm not saying the Labour party doesn't have anti semitic support from inside and outside.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And by extension, the accusation of antisemitism needs to be thoroughly justifiable before being leveled.

Indeed. But perhaps not so thoroughly that nobody can be accused of being an antisemite.

Remain supporters have frequently called Leave supporters "racists" without any real justification. There are hundreds of examples of Remain supporters calling the working classes "racist" on this forum alone.

Words like "racist" and "antisemite" are very powerful, and very dangerous when used without justification.

33 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You are wandering off topic with your Brexit stuff (which incidentally is a mischaracterization in its own right).

Bring it up in the relevant discussion and bring alongside supporting evidence.

Can we see your supporting evidence that Israel are behind these anti semitic discussions aimed at discrediting Corbyn?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I have said this before and will say it again.

Where is the evidence for antisemitism in the Labour party?

I see plenty of accusations but no-one ever provides evidence.

The same thing applies to accusations of anti muslim sentiment within the conservative party.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You are wandering off topic with your Brexit stuff (which incidentally is a mischaracterization in its own right).

Bring it up in the relevant discussion and bring alongside supporting evidence.

You can surely see what I am driving at.

Remainers thought that it was OK to call Leavers "racist". Now that Conservatives (mostly Leavers) are calling Labour (mostly Remainers) "racist/antisemitic", suddenly it is unfair to call people bigots without any justification.

"Turnabout is fair play" is the expression that comes to mind.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

I have said this before and will say it again.

Where is the evidence for antisemitism in the Labour party?

I see plenty of accusations but no-one ever provides evidence.

The same thing applies to accusations of anti muslim sentiment within the conservative party.

Your comments are right up there with the holocaust deniers, what holocaust? what 6 million Jews? all lies and fabrication and Corbyn is not an anti-Semite, anti Zionist, friend and panderer of known terrorists right?...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1