Video: British tourist proves no match for Thai police after damaging two ATMs

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

They did not explain exactly how the police managed to get an arrest warrant in the name of the suspect.

Because contrary to common opinion, the RTP are not all dim bulbs and certainly not as dim as this Brit who, if we assume he was born and brought up in the UK, a nation of CCTV cameras, he would have been more reluctant to do it at all let alone TWICE. I mean even ATM's have their own cameras for goodness sakes.

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Because contrary to common opinion, the RTP are not all dim bulbs and certainly not as dim as this Brit who, if we assume he was born and brought up in the UK, a nation of CCTV cameras, he would have been more reluctant to do it at all let alone TWICE. I mean even ATM's have their own cameras for goodness sakes.

I don't think he gave a toss. This guy must have been super dim. First he inserts a card with his details on it and then shows his face to the cameras after the event. An easy nick for the BiB as the bank would have given them the name. The next place of stay probably filed a TM30 (or maybe his last place of stay did and they knew where he was headed). Simples!

Wow the racist remarks on here are shocking and disgusting. I just tried to write and explain but why bother.! These racist remarks really are disgusting. As for the remark by muppet (Well named) I must be so violent and spent my life knocking people out! I've kicked my car, hit my steering wheel and yes I've hit an ATM before and I can honestly say I have never hit a person who has not first attempted to hit me. I looked at the photo of the ATM and never saw any damage. This is looking more and more like another xenophobic Thai attack on a non Thai tourist. They wonder why tourism is crashing.... 

Maybe he forgot to tell his bank in the UK that he was going to use his card abroad.

Maybe he tried to take out more cash than was remaining in the machine.

Maybe tried to get more than 12,000 baht which exceeds the 300 pound ? limit he would have in the UK. 

Maybe he left what brains he has on the aeroplane seat he got out of at BKK.

I made the mistake many years ago of not telling my bank I was going abroad and my card was blocked. But I did not take it out on the machine. I had to wait 24 hours after phoning the bank to tell them the problem and they unlocked my card. 

The number to call in the UK is on the back of the bank card.

1 hour ago, Scot123 said:

I looked at the photo of the ATM and never saw any damage.

The bank found damage, however, and so they reported it to the police. It seems the police verified the appearance of damage. Then a video turns up in which someone indeed appears to have attempted to damage the ATM.

It may be that the owners of the ATM, and police, are able to see in actuality what you can't from a mere photo.

This is looking more and more like another xenophobic Thai attack on a non Thai tourist. They wonder why tourism is crashing.... 

How so? The video shows a non Thai tourist damaging a Thai ATM. The non Thai tourist in the video admitted he had attacked the ATM.

Seems more likely, then, since you must have xenophobia, that what we have here is a xenophobic Brit attack on a non UK ATM. You wonder why Thais are tightening visa requirements. Will that do?

6 hours ago, Scot123 said:

Expecting same service he gets back in the UK was his first mistake.

And then his second mistake was in not applying the same methods, using the same tools, as he would back in the UK. What was he thinking?

Cardtronics, which said the UK is experiencing "an epidemic of criminal attacks on its ATMs", said criminals are increasingly using dangerous methods, such as explosions or ram-raids, to remove cash from machines.

UK experiencing an "epidemic" of criminal attacks on cash machines, report warns

How much physical damage can you do to an atm by kicking or hitting it? Not much I would think. Its not as if he took a brick or hammer to it.  

Or just a simple explosive. Heck.

Learn from your mistake and remember when you book your next holiday.....

. . . to bring the right tools from home, exactly. Just be careful about all those pesky bag scanners and Customs: might end up having to pay out fees, penalties, and bribes far in excess of any amount you could extract from an ATM.

22 hours ago, Thian said:

Well i can understand him well, Thai atm's don't work many times and also not when trying to get cash on your creditcard.

And that 220 baht surcharge is also pure theft...

Titanium member without a Thai bank account Phif:cheesy:

Archived