Video: Red plate car escapes car park fall - thanks to Monk Koon, that's for sure

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The mother of a woman who nearly fell four floors after backing her new car into a wall at a car park is sure her daughter has only one person to thank. 

The Thai superstition surpass even us Italians, but it is important to believe in the afterlife!
For all those who are surprised, this is one of the reasons why Thais drive without looking or paying attention!

• Like 2

Every back-in parker I've ever scene, takes at least 3 tries to properly park in their space. I was at Big C early one morning when there were more empty spaces than cars. A woman in a black Camry was attempting to back-in beside a car with an empty space on her other side. I pulled into a space, got out was at the store entrance and she still hadn't completed parking. I guess in frustration, she drove around to the next lane over, where no cars had parked and still attempted to back in. It still took her 4 reverse- drive motions to park between the white lines.

• Haha 1

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I'm looking for logic, wisdom, cause-effect relationships, rational conclusions I always look for someone so stupid they can't tell accelerator from brake pedal.

6 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Yep! A dead monk saved her for sure. lol

Mothing funny sbout that. You are just showing your ignorance of spiritual matters. I know you are trying to sound superior, but trust me, you are not.

Hindus, Buddhists, ie more than half the world believe in ssuch things. Add in Christians with their St Christopher and Jesus, and you have many more.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, peterb17 said:

It’s a CHR - not an HRV to be picky - great cars .

I wonder what happened to the bit of wall- hope nobody was quished.

They look nice but nowhere near the CX3 in sub crossovers. I have a rear view camera, sensors and aoutomatic breakingto prevent this kind of accident.

Wrong pedal or not. Must have put some pressure on the accelerator to mount and cross the kerb, and knock down the retaining wall. Also I would say pretty slow reactions once she felt the car accelerating. Just an observation. Serious accident waiting to happen !!!

6 hours ago, webfact said:

She mistook the accelerator for the brake on her red plate (new) Toyota HRV.

Obviously missed this in the driver licence training...

Only two pedals, the one on the right is go the one on the left is stop.

God know what she would have done if it was a manual gearbox with an extra pedal to contend with!

9 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Yep! A dead monk saved her for sure. lol

Yes, show would be SO much "smarter" if she believed in the miraculous powers of Jesus, born to a virgin mother, and capable of walking on water?  REALLY?

I have looked closely at the video and found no sign of a Monk. He was not operating the controls of the car either, as Monks are not allowed to drive.

Well, not surprising... he is dead! Amazing Thailand.

Furthermore, as Thais lack all responsibility, it would not have surprised me if she blamed the Monk for the accident. (Hmmm ..... missed opportunity there lady).

Edited by DaRoadrunner

10 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Well the mother certainly shouldn't be thanking herself. You raise people to believe in hocus-pocus nonsense, you do them a huge disservice. 

As per usual, they're focusing on how she survived as opposed to how she nearly killed herself. 

Or killed others

To be fair this happens all too often all over the world, not just Thailand. Just last month 2 people died after their car fell from a 4th floor shopping centre carpark in Indianapolis, USA. Also last month a man in Luton, UK died after his car fell from a multi level carpark. In February and June this year people where injured in similar incidents in Australia. 

Of course it's just so much fun to have a go at the Thais isn't it?

Luang Phor Koon. 

The revered monk who was cremated earlier in the year protects the entire family, said mum. 

Nonsense. Anybody with a brain would easily see that the rear end is sitting on the chassis and the front tyres are held by some cement blocks said mum. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ando62 said:

To be fair this happens all too often all over the world, not just Thailand. Just last month 2 people died after their car fell from a 4th floor shopping centre carpark in Indianapolis, USA. Also last month a man in Luton, UK died after his car fell from a multi level carpark. In February and June this year people where injured in similar incidents in Australia. 

Of course it's just so much fun to have a go at the Thais isn't it?

Where injured?

It's not fun to have a go at Thais, because I'm married with one for 17 years, 

Please don't make us believe that such driving is now considered "normal."  

If you believe that such utter bs that a dead monk had protected her, it's your problem. But perhaps you didn't get that part right. 

One might think that, even with Thailand's lax building codes, such walls would need to be actually attached to the building!

18 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Well the mother certainly shouldn't be thanking herself. You raise people to believe in hocus-pocus nonsense, you do them a huge disservice. 

Could someone point out where, in Buddha's teachings, he discusses "magic"?