Astonishing- Retirement Ext Denial Reversed!

I was sure to have this conversation with the IO in January when I completed my very first "Thai Wife" extension of stay. I had expressed my intention to see him again in one more year for renewal and asked what the basic requirement are for renewal based upon income method, as I had the income affidavit from my embassy. He said I would need 12 months. So I reminded him that when I returned in Early January 2020, it would be impossible to have a full 12 months as I would only be starting the bank account in February. He appeared sympathetic, so we shall see how it goes when I return for my renewal, my bank statement only starts showing the required income starting in March. 

Edited by Tounge Thaied
added commentary to complete my comment.
  • Like 1

If memory serves right, Immigration did not publish the requirement that individuals would have to "prove" money was transfered from the individual's overseas Bank Account until December 2018.  I knew that I had to put 40,000 baht per month for my Married Visa and for November and December drew the money out of an ATM (from my UK Bank) and deposited in my Thai Account.  Immediately the rule was publicised I started transfering money from my UK Bank directly in to my Thai Bank.  However, when I went to extend my visa in November, I was told that I had to prove 12 months transfer, which clearly I could not, but through no fault of my own.  I have now done an A-O Visa for one month and will be able to do a new Married Visa during December, which is actually in progress.  Unfortunatley I am the victim of inefficient Thai bureaucracy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

... I have now done an A-O Visa for one month and will be able to do a new Married Visa during December, which is actually in progress.  ...

Sad story, because I understand you were in same case as arjunadawn, but your denial was not reversed.

But I don't understand the steps you took.

Did you leave the country and re-entered Visa exempt, and then applied for a Non Imm O - marriage?

You are very lucky! I had two days before renewal and was going to be kick out of Thailand with only 11 months bank proof and the other because I was in another country.. I have a bank Home loan and Two Truck loans and not one cared from Immigration. I paid them off. American Embassy have been swearing about my income or witness my signature even with Govt. papers showing my income. The Thai immigration thought Embassy was verifying Income and we all know Embassy would not go to the trouble to check unless we were dead. Thai Immigration now very angry for being lied to of verification of income from Embassy. Immigration now make it very hard to prove income. We can say anything, but large money in the Bank tells no lies. I got a lawyer and policeman to witness my signature of income. Immigration could not accept for the mere fact it is not a law to swear about Truth. All offices lied so much them self and stealing  it is true because no accountability. Ever wonder why no cashier at immigration? They have at hospitals and Embassies and Bars... It easy... no record what IO takes home. If you wish to get a Permanent Permit, you have to pay a application and Permit in Cash over 110000 Thai baht. Let if you live in Thailand away for immigration you will be happy and not fear of being shot by some mad man with guns laws in Thailand.

Now Tm30  some one living for 13 years would not be a bad person to cause crime but fear us. They should be fearful if get caught sleeping with other person wife?  Health insurance, If you do not back up, you will pay a fine it was not your fault. and still health insurance are just thieves as if person makes claim, your policy will e cancelled and you will have to leave Thailand just because hospital do not know how to run their business. Hospital can charge anything now as they know Health Insurance have plenty of money from its customers, Wrong thinking. I got the best insurance in the world, My USA Army and no one will take up by even Army insurance in Thailand. Thai people are also being tested to pay high care just testing, $80,000 12 hours with only Ex-ray and fluids.

I am sure the Thai people will reject when no food to feed their family.

Good luck every one in Thailand

• Confused 3

13 minutes ago, Sergeant said:

You are very lucky! I had two days before renewal and was going to be kick out of Thailand with only 11 months bank proof and the other because I was in another country.. I have a bank Home loan and Two Truck loans and not one cared from Immigration. I paid them off. American Embassy have been swearing about my income or witness my signature even with Govt. papers showing my income. The Thai immigration thought Embassy was verifying Income and we all know Embassy would not go to the trouble to check unless we were dead. Thai Immigration now very angry for being lied to of verification of income from Embassy. Immigration now make it very hard to prove income. We can say anything, but large money in the Bank tells no lies. I got a lawyer and policeman to witness my signature of income. Immigration could not accept for the mere fact it is not a law to swear about Truth. All offices lied so much them self and stealing  it is true because no accountability. Ever wonder why no cashier at immigration? They have at hospitals and Embassies and Bars... It easy... no record what IO takes home. If you wish to get a Permanent Permit, you have to pay a application and Permit in Cash over 110000 Thai baht. Let if you live in Thailand away for immigration you will be happy and not fear of being shot by some mad man with guns laws in Thailand.

Now Tm30  some one living for 13 years would not be a bad person to cause crime but fear us. They should be fearful if get caught sleeping with other person wife?  Health insurance, If you do not back up, you will pay a fine it was not your fault. and still health insurance are just thieves as if person makes claim, your policy will e cancelled and you will have to leave Thailand just because hospital do not know how to run their business. Hospital can charge anything now as they know Health Insurance have plenty of money from its customers, Wrong thinking. I got the best insurance in the world, My USA Army and no one will take up by even Army insurance in Thailand. Thai people are also being tested to pay high care just testing, $80,000 12 hours with only Ex-ray and fluids.

I am sure the Thai people will reject when no food to feed their family.

Good luck every one in Thailand

Wow, a lot to unpack here. Sorry you screwed. There’s much you say that I also see in this experience, even the insurance with healthcare part. 

1. I have observations about this experience I did not include... I didn’t include what I really thought was going on. I noted... behavior like you state. But... it’s not helpful to anyone to repeat here... not for me. People want help, not suspicions. (For my post. For me). 

2. Unsure what you mean by US Army insurance? Do you mean Tricare? Army has NO insurance, anywhere. 

3. I am no visa or insurance expert but am also a former DAV NSO. I’m uncertain you understand these benefits... accurately. If unsure, ask me. If I don't know answer, I’ll tell you. Won’t guess. 

The most niche US federal related insurance is VA FMP, Foreign Medical Program, and I’ve been told on ThsiVisa (Other post),  BKK Hospital, Pattaya, will process FMP. I’m unclear what you mean by Army Insurance. Moreover, I’m uncertain why you’d think this reflects on thailand. If Tricare, which IS huge, and BKK Hosp works with FMP, you ought to look into this or contact Jusmagthai on Sathorn Road, bkk. 

good luck. 

I did my long-stay extension based on income earlier (June) this year.  knowing that the rules had changed a bit in Dec 2018 due to embassies stopping the income letter, I arrived at immigration chiang mai with 6 months of deposits  as well as letter from govt retirement office, and letter from Bangkok Bank.  My wife zoomed off to maehia BigC to update bank book.  I waited 5 minutes or so and was called before wife returned.  IO checked all asked about bank book and after telling him my wife was enroute he said just wait until she arrives and then bring it for him to check.  She did so in about 5 min, he checked it and then said wait over there (chairs) I did so for about 10 or 15 min and rcvd my pass port with extension no problem.  In fact, since I didn't need an embassy letter it was $50.00 cheaper this year! and only a half hour at immigration was very pleasant compared to previous years.  I only hope next year it is as easy!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, arjunadawn said:

Riot act? There are no second chances. As ubonjoe linked, there are pretty clear directives for first chances through 2019. This was my first chance. However, they did want me to understand next year 12 transfers. But I know this.

Lastly, I had to go nearby K bank and get print out of last transfer, today. Turns out, they already knew about me. Huh? The immigration people, after denied me, apparently raced around trying to double check themselves. They did not know what the “TFN” code for wire transfer meant. They went up street to find out. The colonel gathered some people and researched. 

My point? It’s complimentary. They really were totally unfamiliar, and really were trying to help. Racing around to craft a marriage extension quickly, they called this AM. This is really extraordinary. Though I was super <deleted> and devastated, this is incredible. I never read about such efforts. We did file a grievance yesterday. It was signed by the governor today—- BUT immigration was not yet contacted! They did all of this unprompted! 

We called ASAP and begged the complaint be pulled. It was. 

are you sure the official grievance did not trigger a quick phone call or heads up to immigration?