Energy body to refund electric meter deposits

webfact

Energy body to refund electric meter deposits

By THE NATION

800_62a68a708e62d2a.jpg?v=1575249497

Narupat Amornkosit

The Office of the Energy Regulatory Commission of Thailand (ERC) announced this weekend that it is planning to refund electric meter deposit to users who have paid their electric bill on time for 1 year.

Narupat Amornkosit, secretary-general of the ERC announced on Sunday (Dec. 1) that ERC has discussed with Metropolitan Electricity Authority (MEA) and Provincial Electricity Authority (PEA) and agreed to a plan to refund the deposit money for electric meter to good clients who have been paying their power bills on time for a full year. “This refund will be available only to individual customers, covering residential houses and small enterprises,” she added. “Corporate and industrial clients are not included in this deposit refund programme because they put in deposit in the form of bank guarantee.”

Narupat further explained that the existing rule is to refund only the interest of deposit every 5 years. “Since the interest was calculated under Krungthai Bank’s deposit rate, each user will get around Bt20 only, which is a too small amount for the wait of 5 years,” she said.

According to the secretary-general, MEA and PEA have combined individual electricity users of 22 million, each user had to pay the deposit for electrical meter of Bt2,000-Bt4,000 depending on types and capacities. “We estimated the budget to be used as deposit refund at Bt20 billion,” said Narupat. “However, users who already collected the deposit refund will have to pay the deposit again if they apply for a new meter.”

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30378969

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-12-02

30 minutes ago, webfact said:

individual electricity users of 22 million, each user had to pay the deposit for electrical meter of Bt2,000-Bt4,000

31 minutes ago, webfact said:

budget to be used as deposit refund at Bt20 billion,”

22mb x average ca 3000 is  66bln

they refund  only est. 20bln

..so meaning only ca 30% of Consumers paying bils on time for electricity

hmmmm..clever idea 555...maybe it helps boost economy for a week or two

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Just started another argument with the wife, she said she paid for the metre deposit back in 2009 when we built the bungalow, yes you did, with my money I said, so I will expect the full refund, so it can come back into my hand, to go out the other, no doubt ????

If happened you a really lucky man, money on my hand go only one way, never came back, she tell me because I am falang

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...