Plucky bank teller foils "Lineman" robbery attempt

webfact

Plucky bank teller foils "Lineman" robbery attempt

2pm.jpg

A "Lineman" delivery man was foiled in an attempt to rob a Thai Military Bank branch in Bangkok yesterday by the quick actions of a male bank staffer behind the counter. 

The robber didn't account for the fact that a bank teller was bigger than him. 

Phichitsri, 23, had parked his Honda Wave motorcycle outside the TMB branch at the end of Pattanakan Soi 48 and left the engine running. 

Wearing a helmet he entered the bank brandishing a fake gun and wearing a knuckle blaster stun gun on one hand. He vaulted the counter shouting words in Thai to the effect:

"I'm taking this to the limit". 

2pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

However, he came up against a male bank staffer who was much bigger than him. 

He was soon in a head lock and on the floor. Others came to help and he was detained until the Klong Tan police arrived on the scene. 

The hapless would be robber never got a single baht.

The Buriram, north east Thailand, native was taken away to Klong Tan police station for questioning. 

Police said that this was his first robbery attempt and he had cased two or three branches before settling on this one as it had no security guard. He needed money to pay his rent that was two months behind. 

Daily News reported that the same branch was held up in December of 2018 with police also making an arrest after a robber stole 100,000 baht. 

Despite this robbery security was not beefeed up at the branch, they reported. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-03
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Don't mess with big Tel even if you have a "knuckle blaster stun gun" what ever that might be????

I had to look it up too.......................https://scotsmanshield.com/stun-guns/knuckle-blaster/

A new take on the old metal knuckle duster...turned into a Taser.............:biggrin:

• Haha 1

On 12/2/2019 at 7:30 PM, AhFarangJa said:

I had to look it up too.......................https://scotsmanshield.com/stun-guns/knuckle-blaster/

A new take on the old metal knuckle duster...turned into a Taser.............:biggrin:

Yeah but 950,000 volts?  That sounds a bit less than credulous.  Every article I read suggests ranges such as 30,000 to 100,000 volts max.  The dielectrics of air won't allow much larger voltages without spark gap jumping I think.

• Like 1

I'm seriously surprised there's not a lot more attempted bank robberies here based on the lack of security at all the branches. Eg. No automated security grills where anyone can jump the counter if they wish. If this was the US you can guaranteed the Yanks would be robbing hundreds of these easy banks per day.