Where to get Non O Multi marriage visa?

I tried at Vientiane a couple months ago and they said they do not do the multi anymore.  It is still an option on their application however. I did submit 6 months on bank statements with it, but not from a thai bank.  So where can I get a Multi with non thai bank financial proof?  Thanks

Anyone know if KL or Penang is an option?  I can give financial proof just not in a thai bank.  HCMC just worries me if the IO decides to bust my nuts and send me back. I don't think I would be allowed back into Vietnam unless I went for the Multi entry there which is pricey.  I am american so do not get the visa free entry to vietnam.  I guess Savannakhet is the safest route to go.  

I don't know what kind of proof other Consulates require but HCMC is used often by Americans without any issues - just be sure to have USD to pay visa fee and the requirement paperwork as listed on website.  HCMC is easy by air.  Savannakhet is easy by bus or van.  There is no reason IO would refuse entry if you married to a Thai and have a visa but using Savannakhet is often pleasant along with wife (a much more low key city).

Vientiane never issued multiple entry visas as far as I know.

Savannakhet and Ho Chi Minh City will issue them without financial proof.

Penang will issue one if you can show 400k baht in a bank.

The embassy in KL does not issue them. Only a single entry and they want to see 400k baht in the bank.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LingUan said:

I don't think I would be allowed back into Vietnam unless I went for the Multi entry there which is pricey. 

You really confuse me with this statement.  You can go to the Vietnam, but need to a few days before your flight apply as follows: 

To obtain Vietnam Visa On Arrival, travelers just need to finish the following simple steps:

• Go online: www.vietnamvisa.govt.vn
  • Submit application form online via our secured network to receive the Approval letter.
  • Get Visa Stamp when arriving Vietnam International Airports ( Ha Noi/ Da Nang/ Ho Chi Minh city/ Nha Trang ).

The line at the VOA booth can be quite long and require more than an hour to get your 'Stamp' (it's not a stamp, it's a visa Sticker that takes up the whole page). You get the entry stamp after the sticker. There is no Visa Exempt for us.

The requirements at the Vietnam Thai Consulate are similar to Savannakhet, except your wife must write a letter in Thai requesting that they issue you a visa.

Edited by AgMech Cowboy

20 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I wonder what the actual LAW is about issuing these visas.

There may be a regulation but there is no law.

The MFA website does not mention any financial proof is needed other than the 20k baht for all visa applications.

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15398-Issuance-of-Visa.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got my Multi Entry Non-Imm "O" visa based on marriage from Savannakhet last week. If you decide to go there then download this application form. It is for Savannakhet only and they will not accept any other form.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/savannakhet/contents/files/services-20190820-153837-960459.PDF

When you fill in this form and you want a Multi Entry then when you select type of visa "non-imm" then you must write "Multi Entry" after it or they will only give you a single entry or tell you to move away from the window and alter the form to suit, they will not allow you to alter it at the window and that means that you must get on the end of the line. 

If you are travelling by bus be very careful. For an example, the the first bus that leaves Khon Kaen for Mukdahan is at 6:30 in the morning and is timetabled to arrive at 9:30 with the bus for Savannahket leaving at 9:45, if the bus from Khon Kaen is late then you could miss the bus to Savannakhet so you could miss the 11:00 am closing time and it would mean an extra night stay.

What is needed at Savannakhet is the above form filled in, copy of your passport information page and a copy of your wedding certificate both signed by you. Plus a copy of your wife's ID card and a copy of your wife"s house book both signed by your wife. Plus the original of your wedding certificate for them to sight and naturally your passport and 5000 baht for the visa.

There is NO financials needed.

You must submit your application before 11:00 am and then you will pick up your passport the next afternoon between 2:00 pm and 4:30 pm.

Do not go on a Friday or you will have to wait until Monday afternoon to get your passport back.

Good luck what ever way you go

Edited by Russell17au
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think you can use this site now and skip the VOA line for a single entry.

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/trang-chu-ttdt

AgMech, My comment about not being allowed back into Vietnam was if the thai IO decided to refuse my entry with my new visa for some reason and booted me back. Then I would not have time to get another Vietnam visa to go back there.  US  passports can only get a single entry for $25 or a 1year multi entry for around $200 to Vietnam as far as I know.

Edited by LingUan

1 hour ago, Russell17au said:

When you fill in this form and you want a Multi Entry then when you select type of visa "non-imm" then you must write "Multi Entry" after it or they will only give you a single entry or tell you to move away from the window and alter the form to suit, they will not allow you to alter it at the window and that means that you must get on the end of the line. 

So helpful and welcoming of them, considering their application form is at fault for not giving the option of a multi. Melbourne can do it, or did, so I wonder why Savannakhet find it so difficult.

6 hours ago, LingUan said:

Anyone know if KL or Penang is an option?  I can give financial proof just not in a thai bank.  HCMC just worries me if the IO decides to bust my nuts and send me back. I don't think I would be allowed back into Vietnam unless I went for the Multi entry there which is pricey.  I am american so do not get the visa free entry to vietnam.  I guess Savannakhet is the safest route to go.  

Don't know if this pertinent to you but I went to Vietnam from here - Chiang Mai - in March and again in June this year. Just made the online application and the officer gave the 3- month visa to the group of us within an hour or so at the airport. 
Simple and straight-forward, without any silly b.s like in Thailand. 

1 hour ago, CHiangMaiMuu said:

Don't know if this pertinent to you but I went to Vietnam from here - Chiang Mai - in March and again in June this year. Just made the online application and the officer gave the 3- month visa to the group of us within an hour or so at the airport. 
Simple and straight-forward, without any silly b.s like in Thailand. 

For those confused by this post, he meant that he twice went to Vietnam and was able to get a visa on arrival for Vietnam when the online application had been accepted.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LingUan said:

I think you can use this site now and skip the VOA line for a single entry.

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/trang-chu-ttdt

AgMech, My comment about not being allowed back into Vietnam was if the thai IO decided to refuse my entry with my new visa for some reason and booted me back. Then I would not have time to get another Vietnam visa to go back there.  US  passports can only get a single entry for $25 or a 1year multi entry for around $200 to Vietnam as far as I know.

That is the correct website for an evisa. It is quite straightforward, I did it recently for a friend of mine who has an Irish passport.

Having made the application they give you a link and you have to check in a couple of days and download the visa.

Something to note, when we arrived my friend went straight to the immigration desk where the IO said he should have gone to the office first, apparently they have to enter the visa on the computer before the IO can pass you through immigration. He was told as he had a visa he could go straight to the desk, there was a huge queue of people with VOA letters. He did as he was told no problem, they entered the visa and stamped the back of it. He had been told to go straight back to the IO and on passing through immigration he was told he must bring the back visa when leaving the country.

The process at the Thai consulate is very easy, I had gone for a ME non O and had prepared everything in advance. I was in and out in a few minutes, those that had gone in before me were all filling in forms or something and I went straight to the window. You go in the morning and get passport back following afternoon, again very quick, with the rain I ended up going in first and out in a couple of minutes but they had done the whole queue by the time our taxi came, about 20 minutes.