Visa on arrival extensiom

From uk stamped in on visa exemption for 30 days. Already extended once for 30 additional days, which expires this week. I am due to fly back to work three days after it expires and don’t want to drive all the way to Mae Sai. I think I read that this extension can be extended for another 14 days at Chiang Mai Immigration. Is this correct? Thanks

17 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

I would surely prefer keeping my passport free of 'overstay' stamps.

Right!  (also gets you a lifetime ban on buying an Elite Visa at anytime in the future).

Not to mention that they can (and do) show up at your hotel and arrest you as occurred in the recent case of a gentleman on just a 5 day overstay... he was arrested and made to pose with the arresting officers on the front page news, so don't risk it!

Edited by MeePeeMai
  • Like 1

Yes overstay even short term of few days not worth contemplating in current regime .

even few hours or 1 day not ignored completely by immi officers like was, I had a verbal reprimand over few hours and if had previous history senior officer said he charged and stamped me a day overstay (that was at swampy)

• Like 1

op you failed to sort out the correct method of staying in Thailand for your trip, a 63 day trip requires a tourist visa and an extension, or 2 x visa exempt entries and an extension, others have posted your options

• Like 1