Help me Plan my Exit strategy as I am scared, febrile and going bald.

Nyezhov

I need to be back in the World by on or about March 20th or so, and I can come in via either NYC or LA/SF, makes no real difference.

So I'm figuring why not take a few weeks and wend my way back. I will leave bkk on maybe Feb 20ish.  I'm researching places, all have their pros and cons. So for you guys who live or have been to these places, could you chime in? These are my possible routes:

1. Bkk to KL or Jakarta, then Bali or Langkawi, then Amsterdam/Belgium. Advantages: Beaches, weed, history. Disadvantage: cold up there in tulip territory.

2. Bkk to Maldives, then BKK to Taipei. 

3. Bkk to Beijing for 4  or 5 days, then Beijing to Lax then Columbia or Costa Rica. 

4. BKK to Berlin, Warsaw and the baltics. Cold.

5. Bkk to Frankfurt and train around the immediate area cities, Metz Strasbourg cologne Stuttgart. Cold.

6. Bkk to Vienna then Prague. Cold.

7. BKK to Oz, then Oz to NZ, then BKK back to the world. It's cheap to go to Oz now I hear. And their money is pretty much worthless to the dollar?

8. BKK to London. Haven't been to blighty in 40 years. Maybe I can catch a footie match somewhere. But London is a dangerous place, yes?

I've eliminated Russia (visas and been there), Africa (not in the mood), Brazil (too dangerous), Israel (too dangerous), Turkey (too dangerous), Mexico (too dangerous), India (too disgusting) and Scandanvia Too cold, but.....

Oh listen, when I say dangerous, don't get insulted, I won't go to NYC, Chicago, Detroit or LA/SF either.

Anybody want to help a bro out. Every place has its advantages and disadvantage for me, so photo opportunities or the ability to find cheap chicks are the deciding factor.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

??

You show a list of places then express the negative cold or too dangerous...

The only place on your list from my experience you will find close to "cheap chicks" is Indonesia.

London, LA, SF dangerous?

Ok, whatever you believe on the internet.

PS:. I would go to Columbia and not waste time in Beijing.

Good luck.

I flew BKK Kathmandu years ago then went slowly overland through India Pakistan Iran Turkey Syria Jordan Egypt Kenya Sudan Chad (etc)  to Morocco then up into Europe if that helps. 

Probably the only part I would do again is the BKK to Nepal. 

7 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Turkey (too dangerous)

It isn't, Istanbul is one of my homes and favorite places to hang out in. it's a tourist city, all kind of nationalities there, nothing dangerous there except going to a Besiktas football match in the hooligan block...

25 minutes ago, bangkokequity said:

Bkk to Maldives, then BKK to Taipei

The Maldives!  and there is some doubt in your mind?

Go for it !

Yeah dude thats a the top of the list. You been there? Reccomendations?

18 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

It isn't, Istanbul is one of my homes and favorite places to hang out in. it's a tourist city, all kind of nationalities there, nothing dangerous there except going to a Besiktas football match in the hooligan block...

I have always wanted to see Istanbul (along with Egypt, Israel, etc) but until all of those dorks stop fighting and killing, Im not wasting my money. I realize that Turkey is far less of a war zone, but its sort of hey dude there are so many other places to go.......

33 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

The Wolves lads put up a good show i am told 

And yes i Agree i love Istanbul

If you are willing to overcome the aversion to lower temperatures, why not Switzerland? Fairly compact, great for rail travel, probably the best mountains on this planet, beautiful cities. If you ski (even just a bit), then a couple weeks in Zermat or Saas-Fee can be the highlight of the year. Decent direct flights from BKK.

On the downside - fairly expensive (but manageable if you plan a little bit), terrible food (minus the chocolcate - but one can easily subsist on chocolate for a few weeks) and very much Ordnung muß sein. Oh, and I didn't notice any women there.

11 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

You want an exit strategy as you are going bald? (Jeez that is serious man). You could go via Switzerland and end it all at Dignitas. Though I see chicks are on your menu, so why leave Thailand?

Maybe I want a different species before I go back to the USA and am forced to service my xgf.

10 minutes ago, shadowofacloud said:

If you are willing to overcome the aversion to lower temperatures, why not Switzerland?

Been there and had a great time. Need uncharted territory.

Not all of Africa is dangerous.  There are some wonderful, and wonderfully safe, countries to visit, where the people are friendly and hospitable.  Think Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Botswana, Zimbabwe.

If you have never done a safari, or gone game-viewing, you are missing out on one of life's best experiences.

South Africa, though highly dangerous for residents, is totally safe for tourists if one doesn't do silly things, like go for late-night walks, or drive around with car windows open.

Avoid Nigeria,  DRC and Congo (like the plague)

Your desire for cheap women will remain unfulfilled (as it will in the US also).

Just now, allanos said:

If you have never done a safari, or gone game-viewing, your are missing out on one of life's best experiences.

Ive seen enough critters through a riflescope to last me a few more years. Africa would be a wonderful trip, but not for just two or three weeks.

4 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Ive seen enough critters through a riflescope to last me a few more years. Africa would be a wonderful trip, but not for just two or three weeks.

Ugly Americans who come to Africa to bag big game prizes don't find much favour with the locals. American tourists are very welcome.

Archived