Out of control US man: Deportation would be a relief, he says

webfact

Out of control US man: Deportation would be a relief, he says

US.jpg

File photo

The American man at the center of trouble in Chiang Mai has spoken to Thaivisa to offer his side of the story. 

Daniel P. was filmed ranting at Thais and has been involved in several cases of alleged criminal damage including an attack on a Ronald McDonald statue. 

He has called Thais "gooks" and spat at them and made the international news because of his behavior. 

By his own admission he has been arrested three times in the last nine weeks. 

Mr P., brought up in Minnesota, told a Thaivisa reporter that he was due to appear in court on December 26th, Boxing Day after trouble last month. 

He said that contrary to press reports he was not on the run. He wasn't sure whether he would turn up for his date in court. Though he said that he would welcome deportation "as a relief". 

Many Thais and expatriates in Thailand might feel the same - even his landlord. 

Mr P. said he was evicted this week. 

Mr P. was given a visa to study Thai and allowed to come to the country for a year. He has only been here a little over two months and has already been behind bars three times. 

He claims to be a scientist working on important research and at the start of the Messenger interview suggested that the reporter was really working for the Americans.

He said that it was up to other people who might call him delusional, he knows the truth.

He admitted that he only knows two or three words in Thai and doesn't go to class. Instead he said that he was working on finishing a research proposal for funding and was "sowing his oats". 

When pressed about his animosity towards Thailand and its people he said that drinking was largely to blame. 

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-05

No shortage of white trash in America also. Obviously a troubled individual with serious mental problems that needs to be medicated.

Can you imagine someone like that having access to semiautomatic assault rifles? I don't have to imagine it in the US.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Though he said that he would welcome deportation "as a relief". 

Does that mean he is admitting to living in Thailand without means for it? Otherwise he would be able to just buy a ticket, leave and never come back, or just maybe he´s too stupid for that.

Deportation might be a relief but it doesn’t come free of charge, unless being extradited somewhere and is likely to be preceded by a lengthy spell in the over crowded, disease ridden Immigration jail where an American was reportedly murdered by the Iranian terrorists in charge there.

5 hours ago, sirineou said:

No shortage of white trash in America also. Obviously a troubled individual with serious mental problems that needs to be medicated.

Can you imagine someone like that having access to semiautomatic assault rifles? I don't have to imagine it in the US.

There are a lot of Americans like him here in CM... seems to attract that sort.  

I Lived in Thailand for over 10 years and never had any problems with the Thai people and I lived in the Community of Samut Prakharn and always had a Great Time with the Thais. 

That Fool should have never been let into Thailand. Throw him in a Thai Prison for what he did then DEPORT him 

13 minutes ago, lrb81087 said:

I Lived in Thailand for over 10 years and never had any problems with the Thai people and I lived in the Community of Samut Prakharn and always had a Great Time with the Thais. 

That Fool should have never been let into Thailand. Throw him in a Thai Prison for what he did then DEPORT him 

In a Thai prison he might get the necessary attitude adjustment...

6 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Does that mean he is admitting to living in Thailand without means for it? Otherwise he would be able to just buy a ticket, leave and never come back, or just maybe he´s too stupid for that.

If he's due to appear in court on Dec. 26th he may not have access to his passport.

20 minutes ago, nahkit said:

If he's due to appear in court on Dec. 26th he may not have access to his passport.

And you are trying to say that he didn´t feel the same before he got arrested? Stupid try of an excuse. The man is brain dead.

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

And you are trying to say that he didn´t feel the same before he got arrested? Stupid try of an excuse. The man is brain dead.

I've no idea how he felt but if you're due in court there's a good chance the police will be holding your passport.

3 hours ago, nahkit said:

Good call. Having no ability to travel of his own volition, could very well account for his "deportation would be a relief" comment. 

2 hours ago, nahkit said:

I've no idea how he felt but if you're due in court there's a good chance the police will be holding your passport.

Certainly a very high probability.

The guy is obviously mentally ill yet people on here want to crucify him. I hope he is put on a flight back home and even more he gets the treatment he needs. As for the snide remarks about America and hinting about mass shooting and the access to guns I have to laugh and remind you where you are living. He would not get access to legal firearms in America also look at the states where there are mass shootings and you may be shocked at the very strict gun laws they have. We have very strict gun laws in the UK but look at our knife crime/murder figures also look at our recent terrorist attacks using knifes and vehicles. I wish we could arm ourselves the same as terrorists/criminals can. 

Archived