Koh Samui: 54 Chinese nationals arrested working in a call center at a hotel

webfact

Koh Samui: 54 Chinese nationals arrested working in a call center at a hotel

3pm1.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Tourist and local police raided a hotel in Moo1 Bo Phut on Koh Samui yesterday following a complaint from a Chinese person. 

The Chinese complainant said they had been tricked into coming to the island and given work in a call center that made them feel uncomfortable. 

Police bided their time then raided yesterday rounding up 54 young Chinese people. 

None had passports - they all said they had come in on tourist visas and given their passports to the boss who didn't stay at the hotel. 

Several rooms were kitted out as offices with 100 desktop and laptops and internet connections. Some 70 phones were also taken into evidence. 

3pm2.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

The operatives were tricking Chinese people in their homeland into buying shares on the stock market. Investors were under the impression they were dealing with experts in the field. 

The employees were paid 50,000 baht a month if they generated 5 million in business. 

They were all booked with illegal entry and working without permits. 

The inquiry is now being expanded to find out who is behind the operation and the Thais are working with the Chinese police on this endeavor. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-05

9 minutes ago, webfact said:

They were all booked with illegal entry and working without permits. 

Given the China-Thailand father-son relationship, nothing will come out of it they will all be sent back to China for the chinese to deal with them...

13 minutes ago, No1 said:

Before the typical Chinese bashing starts, please be aware that many of those workers were tricked into the situation and are victims themselves.

How could they have been tricked? They came on a tourist visa and traveled to Koh Samui and met their employer and gave him the passport and worked for him. They did not go to the police and complained. 

Rediculous.. Chinese are known to keep the truth hidden. I should know because I have witnessed and have been.lied to by people I trusted from China who ended me knocking on.the door of the Embassy for a.flight.home.after not being paid and left on the street. They were not screwed because.. every tour group from.China has one person holding their passports for them all the time.

Before the typical Chinese bashing starts, please be aware that many of those workers were tricked into the situation and are victims themselves.

Chinese workers, ALL, know exactly what they're going to do, they're attracted by the 50.000baht/month. 

I know this for personal experience, because I worked for a chinee company in my homeland.

9 hours ago, No1 said:

10 hours ago, webfact said:

None had passports - they all said they had come in on tourist visas and given their passports to the boss who didn't stay at the hotel. 

Several rooms were kitted out as offices with 100 desktop and laptops and internet connections. Some 70 phones were also taken into evidence.

Must have been a working holiday?

Oh no not more Quality Chinese caught up in a scam and persecuted by the BIB (who did not receive said brown envelope) Oh well back to the drawing board for Pinocchio and Ol Fatty, you just going to have to find someone else to help pull you out of the S##

Archived