Immigration chief: Don't scare the tourists away by being too strict - we need them and their money

webfact

9 hours ago, yogi100 said:

He's probably the founder member of the FOHT Society. 

Thats a new one on me . 

However that said,  i am familiar with FOGH , heard it @ immi ..

Edited by elliss

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Which is why in part many don't return... they get the feeling their being exploited instead of being welcomed genuinely!

A warm smile and warm welcome goes a long way instead of "give us your money & leave on the next flight policy"!

In SE America, when anyone visits and are about to leave,

we say "Yall Come Back Now, Ya hear", Maybe teach the IO's this phrase.

Could be the PR campaign slogan they need.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:

I think the word tourist includes expats. Wether we stay 2 weeks or 20 years  they just consider us tourists. Not citizens/residents just short or long stay tourists.

We are all Aliens.  Nothing more. 

Truth hurts ..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

I agree 100%. Now tell my neighbours, officials and such. They wonder why i scare them back and its putely because of the amount of cash ive splashed out here over the decades. I dont want special treatment but would like my family not have to be raided checking for drugs and guns or have tourist police out to check all because my inbred neighbours feel inferior and have to act like children and lie to authorities in the hopes of being booted out of the country because my neighbours think they are going to get our farming machinery, land and such. 

Crazy but true! And no i dont have guns or drugs but thats what ive had to deal with this past year. Insane!

Whats worse you can have video evidence and make countless police reports of fake police reports made and even the police believe us but no action is taken and this is why it doesnt change. It's embarassing to Thailand. If i was in a better financial situation i would hav3 left already. One things for sure though and that is my family stopped coming many times a year years ago because they dont feel safe.

Now where are YOU living ???

35 minutes ago, Deported said:

Hello everybody,

I just like to share my bad experience with this crazy country, who sell you you tourist visa and then treat you like a criminal after that!
I arrived in BKK with a tourist visa, did in my own country.
I never violated any laws, I was always carefully to respect it never had over stay more than one day, cause of sickness, never had any problem in Thailand...

I get deported, treated like a criminal, even with my disabled condition. 
I have to seat 8 hours in the airport, have to complaint many time to have food, following until the toilet by a guard.... and I was forced to fly during 12 hours back, directly... They not only scared the tourists, They even don't respect the humain right!
They are just non human people without any respect for people, and they don't respect human right! avoid this country!
Go spend your money in another country it's the better option!!!

And what was their reason for deporting you? 

• Like 1

I do not know if it was the true Picture or not, but the last time I was in my Local (And pretty good I think ?) Immigration office, they WERE or well seemed to be very VERY Kind and Polite ! ... The officer on the door Did my Reporting in 5 Muinets for me, while I just sat there !!! With out even having to go in to the main office .... He went in there and did it all for me !!! .... I do not know if it was a Set up !!!  ... Like TIT Har Har !!! ...  But well he mentioned NON-O (And Not AO) and nodded, and then wrote down all of the bank proof of Funds steps, and did not mention Health Insurance at all !!! ... Like ! Nice !!! ..... Like the Online Reporting, had Failed, they rejected it at 8.30 in the morning ! the day after I filed it Believe it or not ! Like they must have been up EARLY Right !!! .... And the Guy Saw this and just smiled, and Laughed saying "Rejected" Har Har .... And then just Reported for me by the usual personal way. .... Like TIT, for the new IT ideas !!! Har Har ...  And the Thais seem to know it also !!!  ...

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Duck J Butters said:

I cannot relate to this AT ALL. This has to be more Thai Visa propaganda “Fake news“ funded by European globalists. Folks, anyone reading posts on TV, question what you are reading. If you weren't aware, European governments pay lots of people to create fake accounts on Thai Visa to promote anti-Thai propaganda. They do the same in the Bangkok Post comment section for obvious reasons.

No Thai police would ever dare raid my house. The thought of that happening is laughable at best. Hahahah. Yeah right. You are either full of it or are clearly doing something very wrong to upset your neighbors this much.

On the off chance that this story is true, you should know that as a Farang, if you wish to do business in Thailand like “operate farming machinery” then you absolutely must pay for protection. That’s just how it is. I have multiple businesses in Thailand and have absurd amounts of police protection that I pay for monthly. This is the cost of doing business in Thailand and it is totally worth it because there is literally no competition in this country. Thailand truly is the land of opportunity if you’re willing to play by the rules.

Move to the United States, or better yet the “failing” Sweden, if you want equal rights and to live in an egalitarian society.

555555... U meant to write "pay by the rules". 

Sad statement you make, but probably true. 

Now can you enlighten us a bit on the pesticides use, as you are farming. 

What is the reality? Many of us are concerned about this. 

Thank you. MS>

13 hours ago, potless said:

Where does he say that bad guys are okay again? His time would be better spent going to immigration offices around Thailand and demand that they stop making up their own rules. And why go up north, shouldnt he start at the airports ?

Your right all the grief is mainly at the airports with over zealous immigration officials on arrival 

16 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

I agree 100%. Now tell my neighbours, officials and such. They wonder why i scare them back and its putely because of the amount of cash ive splashed out here over the decades. I dont want special treatment but would like my family not have to be raided checking for drugs and guns or have tourist police out to check all because my inbred neighbours feel inferior and have to act like children and lie to authorities in the hopes of being booted out of the country because my neighbours think they are going to get our farming machinery, land and such. 

Crazy but true! And no i dont have guns or drugs but thats what ive had to deal with this past year. Insane!

Whats worse you can have video evidence and make countless police reports of fake police reports made and even the police believe us but no action is taken and this is why it doesnt change. It's embarassing to Thailand. If i was in a better financial situation i would hav3 left already. One things for sure though and that is my family stopped coming many times a year years ago because they dont feel safe.

They'll be a lot nicer to you when you're as poor as they are. Every cloud and all that.

7 hours ago, WhatupThailand said:

I think he is just doing the "Sit on the Fence" routine,

until he gets the positive "NOD" from a higher up,

so he knows which way to fall off the fence.

Lets not forget that this is the same guy who only recently announced that he has "only just begun" in his 'tough message'......

Read about it here :

I think someone may have already had a word with him.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DavisH said:

And what was their reason for deporting you? 

Working, not enough subsistance, no travel plan...
They put these 3 numbers of article in my passeport.
I didn't have any chance to meet the officer who take the decision and to show him my ticket back, my money, my income proof. 
I had all proof with me, even they checked already when I took my visa.
It's only <deleted>...

• Sad 1

A bit late to the party here....

But if the big Immigration boss wanted to make a SERIOUS policy change statement on tourism, would he really chose to issue it on a trip to SO remote MHS????

I'm guessing, if the Thai media report is even remotely accurate, that this statement is just a piece of fluff rhetoric with nothing much behind it, and no actual followup implementation...

If he had done this at either of the BKK airports or BKK HQ, then I might gave more reason to put any value on his words.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Jessi said:

They dont want tourist or long stay expats.

They only want YOUR MONEY!!!????

Which country in the world invites tourists for any other reason?

And which country in the world that offers "retirement visa's", does so for any other reason?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deported said:

Working, not enough subsistance, no travel plan...
They put these 3 numbers of article in my passeport.
I didn't have any chance to meet the officer who take the decision and to show him my ticket back, my money, my income proof. 
I had all proof with me, even they checked already when I took my visa.
It's only <deleted>...

Working without a work permit, fair enough  I suppose, those are the rules anywhere.

21 hours ago, keith101 said:

What and expats living here do nothing for the economy , maybe you should look at ways of helping us instead of making it harder .

You should know by now you are the unwelcome and unwanted guest 555. Accept it and bear it 555. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, saengd said:

Working without a work permit, fair enough  I suppose, those are the rules anywhere.

The TM-30 changes, & the influx in those type of horror stories of "being detained in the airport, then sent back" are very recent.

We've all heard and read plenty of them in Thaivisa forums recently, the Thai immigration has gotten too cocky.

They're not the rules everywhere, it's a symptom of a country who has too much tourism.

spent many years in various countries on Tourist visas (passive income is bliss)

No where other than "LOS" did they make me show 20k in cash, a flight ticket out, and a bank statement.

Even after that, the amount of questions they asked me was humiliating.

Taiwan & Korea - beautiful, just as cheap, way more honest, some things are even better value for money, and superior breed of humans. (Even Thais respect & know the Koreans / Japanese are better than them)

Edited by noone223

1 minute ago, noone223 said:

The TM-30 changes, & the influx in those type of horror stories of "being detained in the airport, then sent back" are very recent.

We've all heard and read plenty of them in Thaivisa forums recently, the Thai immigration has gotten too cocky.

They're not the rules everywhere, it's a symptom of a country who has too much tourism.

spent many years in various countries on Tourist visas (passive income is bliss)

No where other than "LOS" did they make me show 20k in cash, a flight ticket out, and a bank statement.

Even after that, the amount of questions they asked me was humiliating.

Taiwan & Korea - beautiful, just as cheap, way more honest, some things are even better value for money, and superior breed of humans. (Even the Thais respect & know the Koreans / Japanese are a better than them)

The subject was working without a work permit which is not allowed almost anywhere, it wasn't all the other stuff you mentioned!.

21 hours ago, keith101 said:

What and expats living here do nothing for the economy , maybe you should look at ways of helping us instead of making it harder .

The expat community brought it upon themselves by not having the leadership, solidarity and courage of somebody like Gandhi. You have reaped what you have sown, and that is choosing to be second class citizens unlike the Chinese and Japanese in Thailand. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, saengd said:

The subject was working without a work permit which is not allowed almost anywhere, it wasn't all the other stuff you mentioned!.

no he wasn't ! that's 1 out of 3 reasons they denied & detained him, but it was never proven!

• Like 2