Hi Everyone,

So I stayed in Thailand for over 183 days this year and I want to pay some taxes in order to get a tax return for many legal reasons.

my idea was to remit above 150,000 THB (~5,000 USD) to my bank account in Thailand which would fit into the first tax bracket at a rate of 5% and declare this as income earned oversea and remitted into Thailand.

Anyone ever done this by chance ? would an amount between 5 to 6,000 USD would be enough for them to give me a tax id and file for taxes ?

Are they gonna ask for proof of income or something else than a bank statement ?

Is a transferwise transfer ok or do they want to see a wire from a foreign bank or some <deleted> like this on the bank statement ?

Well I initially tried that but got asked to provide a bank statement by one of the manager ... it seems they aren't so keen on distributing tax id.

Anyways I do need a tax return to get a tax certificate afterward so if anyone have any feedback that would be very helpful.

My fear is that it wouldn't be enough money for them to go through all the paperwork and I would prefer to pay as little as possible obviously ...

Archived