UK PM Johnson's lead over Labour narrows slightly: ICM poll

webfact

UK PM Johnson's lead over Labour narrows slightly: ICM poll

2019-12-09T150212Z_1_LYNXMPEFB8157_RTROPTP_4_BRITAIN-ELECTION-JOHNSON.JPG

Britain's Prime Minister Boris Johnson boards a plane as he campaigns for the general election, at Doncaster Sheffield Airport in Doncaster, Britain December 9, 2019. Ben Stansall/Pool via REUTERS

LONDON (Reuters) - British Prime Minister Boris Johnson's Conservative Party has seen its lead over the opposition Labour Party narrow slightly to six points, according to an opinion poll by ICM for Reuters published ahead of Thursday's election.

Shortly after two other polling firms showed the Conservatives' lead had widened, ICM said support for the Conservatives stood at 42%, unchanged from ICM's previous poll a week ago, while the Labour Party was up one point at 36%.

The six-point lead was narrower than a range of between eight and 15 points in six polls published between Saturday and the early hours of Monday.

The pro-European Union Liberal Democrats were down one point at 12% while the Brexit Party was unchanged at 3%, ICM said.

ICM surveyed 2,011 adults online between Dec. 6 and Dec. 9.

The poll found that 36% of respondents thought a majority in parliament for the Conservative Party would be the best outcome for the country, a big gap over the 23% who felt a majority for Labour would be best.

(Writing by William Schomberg; Editing by Kylie MacLellan)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-12-10

1 hour ago, rhyddid said:

Glad, let's hope UK voters will safe NHS and the country from a mad bankruptcy driven by the genius of BS BJ . 

Er, look at the record of Wilson, Callaghan, Blair and Brown - bankruptcy, economic disaster and flogging off the country's assets.

Vote Labour - if you want to live in a <deleted>-heap like Venezuela!

I have avoided all things to do with this election because it is just churning over the same Brexit arguments over and over again.  We are being led by liars and charlatans and to hear these people being defended when they should all be ridiculed is truly disgusting.  None are worthy of our votes but we cannot sit on our hands and then blame everyone else for the way they voted.

For me it is all about trying to get rid of the hideous Demonic Raab, my local MP and I will be voting accordingly though it will be through gritted teeth.

Archived